Author Topic: Marc Gasol?  (Read 4820 times)

Re: Marc Gasol?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 11:32:05 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I WISH we had a shot at him! He's the best center in the league, and arguably the best big man besides AD.

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 11:41:40 AM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Gasol was supposed to meet with Grizzles officials in Spain today, but I haven't heard anything about him signing yet.

I know that the Grizzles front office believes in money-ball analytics. They just signed Wright to a 3 year, 6 million a year deal. They also have Stokes. Koufos could also resign.

I wonder if the Grizzles offered less than max, and if that made them reach an impasse. I wonder if Gasol is under-the-radar still available right now.

If he is, he is not going to the Lakers because of how things went with his brother (reports). He might go to the Knicks, but there are legit concerns about the disfunction there. The Blazers might have enough money available to sign him, but other than that, I can't think of anyone other than the Celtics that could.

At the risk of sounding like an overly-optimistic homer, I wanted to speculate that we might still have a chance at a big name.

i'll end that speculation for you. we don't. in fact, take it in the future that we never have a chance at any big name free agent in the future.  i really wish people would start coming around on this.  optimism is nice but facts are facts

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 11:49:54 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Gasol was supposed to meet with Grizzles officials in Spain today, but I haven't heard anything about him signing yet.

I know that the Grizzles front office believes in money-ball analytics. They just signed Wright to a 3 year, 6 million a year deal. They also have Stokes. Koufos could also resign.

I wonder if the Grizzles offered less than max, and if that made them reach an impasse. I wonder if Gasol is under-the-radar still available right now.

If he is, he is not going to the Lakers because of how things went with his brother (reports). He might go to the Knicks, but there are legit concerns about the disfunction there. The Blazers might have enough money available to sign him, but other than that, I can't think of anyone other than the Celtics that could.

At the risk of sounding like an overly-optimistic homer, I wanted to speculate that we might still have a chance at a big name.

i'll end that speculation for you. we don't. in fact, take it in the future that we never have a chance at any big name free agent in the future.  i really wish people would start coming around on this.  optimism is nice but facts are facts
The Milwakee Bucks have signed the biggest free agent thus far in FA. LMA is supposedly choosing between Phoenix and San Antonio. The New York Knicks have signed Robin Lopez and Aaron Afflalo and the Lakers have made 0 big moves.

I dont consider Demarre Carrol to be a big-name guy but he signed with Toronto.

This whole Boston will never get stars is stupid. We wont get stars or big names untill we make enough basketball sense for stars and big names. It wont have much to do with where we are in the country.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 12:00:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This whole Boston will never get stars is stupid. We wont get stars or big names untill we make enough basketball sense for stars and big names. It wont have much to do with where we are in the country.

Keep telling yourself this, someday you may even believe it.

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Milwaukee just signed Greg Monroe and Charlotte signed Al Jefferson a couple years ago...

If we get talent and can offer the money we can sign free agents.

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 12:21:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Is Greg Monroe a big name? because he is the biggest 1 to sign so far and he signed with Milwakee.

Kevin Love forced a trade to Cleveland last year.

why? because these destinations made the most basketball sense to these players!!!

How is that confusing?

KG OK'd a trade to Boston when he realized that it made the most basketball sense.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He's going to get 100m/5 years.  We could only offer max and 4 years.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13187296/memphis-grizzlies-marc-gasol-nearing-agreement-five-year-deal

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 01:44:19 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yeah because Cleveland and Milwaukee are such AMAZING places to live.