Author Topic: Any interest in Alex Len?  (Read 2974 times)

Any interest in Alex Len?
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:34:13 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Len was hurt most of his rookie season but had a decent 2nd year. With Chandler and now LA to the Suns I'm sure the Celtics could grab Len on the cheap. Possible trade exception move with maybe a chance to accumulate more drafts as well.

Re: Any interest in Alex Len?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:40:35 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Nope too tall.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd like to have Len and Bledsoe.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Len was hurt most of his rookie season but had a decent 2nd year. With Chandler and now LA to the Suns I'm sure the Celtics could grab Len on the cheap. Possible trade exception move with maybe a chance to accumulate more drafts as well.

they couldn't grab Kaminsky for 6 draft picks, so no I don't think they could grab Len for cheap :P

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:44:26 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Yes please. Make it happen Danny. I think this is the kind of high upside young guy Ainge should target. He has elite size and length, has shown he can finish at the rim, and protect it at a decent rate already. He also shows promise in the pick and roll, and is very bouncy.  He in my opinion is worth cashing in assets for, assuming he is available.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:45:40 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Wouldn't they want him as part of their rotation? Chandler is old and his minutes need to be controlled. Len only makes $3.8 million this year and $4.8 next year under team control.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 09:58:50 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
I'm sure Phoenix would but there current salary cap for 2015 is 43 mil and Chandler just got 13 mil a yr and LA will be getting over 20 mil a yr so they don't currently have the cap space to make the LA signing happen. A sign n trade with Portland is still possible but of course Portland has to want the assets coming back to the tune of 75% of what LA is signing for.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
I forgot about Brandon Knight also getting a new contract

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--brandon-knight-agrees-to--70-million-deal-with-suns-180817763.html

5 yr 70 mil

So I still think Len could be had on the cheap.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:01 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Don't get me wrong, I would love to acquire Len and would even give our own pick next year in exchange. We don't need to be drafting a boatload of players next year. The problem is that I can't find a reason why Phoenix would trade him on the cheap, or trade him at all. According to Basketball Insiders, Phoenix is now capped out with the signings of Chandler and Knight and would need to trade Bledsoe in a sign and trade for Aldridge. After they do that, why would they trade Len, their only other competent big other than Aldridge and Chandler?

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Wouldn't they want him as part of their rotation? Chandler is old and his minutes need to be controlled. Len only makes $3.8 million this year and $4.8 next year under team control.

You would think so, but that's when Tyler Zeller comes in. Len could become discouraged with being sent to the bench behind Chandler and become lax. We send them Zeller who is the perfect backup center combined with maybe Young or another player and I could see us landing him.

Boston receives:
C Alex Len

Pheonix receives:

F/C Tyler Zeller
and
G/F James Young

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 05:57:15 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
ummm no
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 06:05:16 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Why does PHO keep overpaying undersized guards? (Bledsoe, Jackson, Knight, and to some degree Thomas).  At any rate, it is Bledsoe that they need to lose if they want to pay Aldridge.  We could probably get Len if we could somehow take Bledsoe too.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
No but plenty of interest in Markieff Morris who is apparently on the trading block.

They just traded his brother Marcus, he's next on the list to clear more cap.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 06:25:08 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I forgot about Brandon Knight also getting a new contract

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--brandon-knight-agrees-to--70-million-deal-with-suns-180817763.html

5 yr 70 mil

So I still think Len could be had on the cheap.

Lens already on the cheap for them. He's not moving.