Author Topic: Rondo demands 10 million from the Kings?  (Read 5165 times)

Re: Rondo demands 10 million from the Kings?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 06:30:06 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Sacramento ownership/management
+ Coach Karl
+ Demarcus Cousins
+ Rajon Rondo
------------------
= Nuclear Explosion that destroys all mankind

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 06:48:01 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The contract length more so than the per year amount is what would worry me if I were Sacramento given Rondo's implosion last year. I'd only want to sign him to a 1-2 year deal. I don't think he is worthy of a contract longer than that at this point in time.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 06:56:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
RR

Sign

Wif

Yo Mee  noo D Tu.      China Professional Team #4

for

6000000000000000000000000000000.2. Yen

(Fitty dollar)

;D

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 07:03:35 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
The contract length more so than the per year amount is what would worry me if I were Sacramento given Rondo's implosion last year. I'd only want to sign him to a 1-2 year deal. I don't think he is worthy of a contract longer than that at this point in time.

Hell, after the way his season ended last year, doesn't Rondo want a one-year "pillow contract," too?  Take a mulligan on 2014-2015 and prove next year that he's still an elite player?

I sure as hell wouldn't be offering him more than a year or two, not the way he played (and behaved) in Dallas. 

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 07:21:17 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Wasn't there a point where we could have traded him Ben McLemore and 2014 #8 pick, but Rondo made it known he would refuse to re-sign with the Kings?  He also was asking for 100 mil from the Celtics.

Now he's taking 10 mil from the Kings?

Summer of hell.
I wish we could have done that trade. Remember we were completely thrilled about the trade but most people on here were their normal"No RR is the best and we need him, also he shoots the ball very well".
The Kings would have also taken back Gerald Wallace at the time.

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 07:59:16 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Wasn't there a point where we could have traded him Ben McLemore and 2014 #8 pick, but Rondo made it known he would refuse to re-sign with the Kings?  He also was asking for 100 mil from the Celtics.

Summer of hell.
I wish we could have done that trade. Remember we were completely thrilled about the trade but most people on here were their normal"No RR is the best and we need him, also he shoots the ball very well".
The Kings would have also taken back Gerald Wallace at the time.
Well, that's because Rondo was the best here...

And Mclemore was underwheling to say the least in his first season, Danny would have copped it for doing that trade at the time. Maybe he should have traded him in 2010, but hindsight is a funny thing.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 08:04:59 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Summer of hell.

We never could have acquired a 2014 pick, as the Kings have a protected one that's been owed through 2017 for years.  They haven't given it up ever because it's either top 10 or 12 protected (I forget which.)  That rumor would have meant a pick swap at best if we were to have gotten their 2014 1st.
It was a rumored draft day deal so the trade would have happened after the draft.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 08:08:39 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
In this "new" NBA environment, the $10 million sounds about right.  I guess the question would be how many years?

Hell, $10 million could look like a downright bargain for Rondo in the long run if he can get his head on straight, which is certainly questionable at this point.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 08:26:59 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Summer of hell.

We never could have acquired a 2014 pick, as the Kings have a protected one that's been owed through 2017 for years.  They haven't given it up ever because it's either top 10 or 12 protected (I forget which.)  That rumor would have meant a pick swap at best if we were to have gotten their 2014 1st.
It was a rumored draft day deal so the trade would have happened after the draft.

No it wasn't.  It was rumored in like December of 2013.  The rumor was supposedly IT, McLemore, a pick, and some sort of salary filler that was not expiring for Rondo.  But the pick couldn't have been 2014, for reasons explained above.  If the rumor popped up again on draft night, then IT couldn't have been involved, since he was a free agent.  And I don't know what salaries Sac was going to be sending back, since they had no cap room and not much in expirings -- I guess McLemore, Williams, and pick 8 would have worked after the moratorium, but I sure as heck don't remember hearing it then, since at that point Ainge was making offers for Love to pair with Rondo.

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Summer of hell.

I forgot, someone correct me if I am wrong...

I remember reading about the Kings pulled out because Rondo wouldn't re-sign in SacTown

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 08:36:39 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Summer of hell.

I remember reading about the Kings pulled out because Rondo wouldn't re-sign in SacTown

I recall the same.

Pretty sure Danny was ready to pull the trigger if everyone else was on board..

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 08:40:09 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Summer of hell.

Yes, the rumor in December 2013, right after SAC made the Rudy Gay deal, and then again around the trade deadline, was that a trade of McLemore, IT, some sort of salary filler (I remember Thomspon but I could be wrong) and a pick of highly questionable value (it was a rumor, so saying "pick" was good enough) were the parameters, but Rondo said he wouldn't commit to re-signing in SAC.

Here's one link:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/18/report-kings-offered-mclemore-thomas-picks-for-rondo-didnt-happen/