Author Topic: If the Suns get Aldridge...  (Read 2044 times)

If the Suns get Aldridge...
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:51:25 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
It's looking like the Suns may get LaMarcus Aldridge. If that's the case, the Suns will need to shed some salary. And their GM used to work under Danny, so I'm wondering if maybe he could hook us up again like he did with IT. Does anyone know what pieces the Suns would likely move to create space, and would any of them fit Cs needs?

Re: If the Suns get Aldridge...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
There was some noise that they were trying to move Bledsoe. 

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:01:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
but, but, but, that can't happen.  doesn't he know that all FA's are attracted to a place that either has nightlife or has no taxes?   that's the whole argument that Boston can't get a FA.  this is just going to upset so many people who hang their hats on that argument if he signs there  ;)

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
but, but, but, that can't happen.  doesn't he know that all FA's are attracted to a place that either has nightlife or has no taxes?   that's the whole argument that Boston can't get a FA.  this is just going to upset so many people who hang their hats on that argument if he signs there  ;)

And imagine Monroe choosing between Portland and Milwaukee.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
The weather ain't bad in Phoenix, and it's really beautiful there... plus they have a good medical staff. Idk... it doesn't make much sense because it's debatable if the Suns roster with Aldridge (and minus the players they have to move to make cap room for him) is better than the Portland roster he'd be leaving.

Regarding Bledsoe, we really don't need another PG haha. Maybe Markieff Morris or Len? I doubt Len would be available though  :(

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:07:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

And imagine Monroe choosing between Portland and Milwaukee.
that will just make them apoplectic  (or they'll go into denial over Monroe's value as a FA)

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 09:08:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
The weather ain't bad in Phoenix, and it's really beautiful there... plus they have a good medical staff. Idk... it doesn't make much sense because it's debatable if the Suns roster with Aldridge (and minus the players they have to move to make cap room for him) is better than the Portland roster he'd be leaving.

Regarding Bledsoe, we really don't need another PG haha. Maybe Markieff Morris or Len? I doubt Len would be available though  :(
Been to Arizona.  it basically has two seasons, warm and dry then blistering hot and dry. 

may not have snow but it has no water.  can only look at sand, rock and cactus for just so long before getting bored out of your skull

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 09:15:25 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I would be thrilled if we could get Markieff Morris by taking on a bad contract or absorbing it directly into a TP, thus allowing them to take back no salary.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
I would be thrilled if we could get Markieff Morris by taking on a bad contract or absorbing it directly into a TP, thus allowing them to take back no salary.

While I agree, my friend told me that the Morris brothers refuse to play on different teams... I'd like Markieff but not both. Ultimately I'd want Len or maybe Bledsoe to flip to someone else...

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 04:54:48 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
Bump.

Hate to toot my own horn, but this is happening-- The Suns traded Marcus Morris and other junk to the Pistons to clear cap room. They still need to clear another 10 million. Should we go for Markieff and PJ Tucker (the 2 most likely to be dealt to open up this 10 mil) ?

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
At this point, I don't know why he would consider any team other than San Antonio. 

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 05:26:04 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

While I agree, my friend told me that the Morris brothers refuse to play on different teams... I'd like Markieff but not both. Ultimately I'd want Len or maybe Bledsoe to flip to someone else...

I mean, they can't refuse -- they're under contract. No NBA team would ever accept a contract stipulation that a player MUST be on the same team as another player. I don't even think that'd be legal.

All a moot point, though, since, as you noted, Mook has since been traded.