Author Topic: James Young puts on 20lbs of muscle  (Read 20679 times)

Re: James Young puts on 20lbs of muscle
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
As many open shots as Young missed last year, it seems like it's mental. He shot the lights out from the pro 3 point line in the D-League so he's got the ability. He needs to get comfortable and adjust to the speed of the game and from the reports I'm reading (albeit on Celtic web sites) it sounds like he's up to speed now.
He would have been last year if we gave him more minutes but we pushed for the playoffs and Jonas and Gigi and crowder took minutes away from him. But I think that was a positive thing.
Agreed. Making the playoffs shows him what he's working for in a real, tangible way.
I think Stevens knows exactly how to develop players Youngs age. Maybe Stevens would have still not played Young even if those players had not taken minutes from him. I trust how Stevens will get the most motivation and best play from his developing players(players in general too). What he did at Butler was insane and he knows what he is doing.

Great point. Who knows college-aged kids better?

I have high hopes. He may never be Smoodiay, but I like the man.  :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2015, 11:00:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
James is going to bench press his defender and throw him into the 7th row before he makes every shot this season.

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Let me guess he looks like tony atlas now :P

TP for the Tony Atlas name drop.

That was James last week.

This is what he looks like now

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2015, 12:15:02 PM »

Online Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFYRpNmupY

Finally, I can see a glimpse of James. He look stronger for real. What do yall think?

0:27 and 1:08 times where you can see Young.

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »

Offline contramundum

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 36
I think its complete hogwash that  someone can gain 20lbs of muscle in such little time without anabolic steroids.  Especially without gaining or even supposedly losing body fat.  No man can serve two masters. either you bulk up, gain fat and muscle, or you lose fat along with a little muscle.  This is reality.

He looks the same.  This is just spin from the agent, the player, the front office - something like that.  AND I'm an optimist usually.

Sorry, just sick of hearing this "20lb of muscle" nonsense.  If he really did gain 20lbs of muscle he'd have another 30-40 pounds of fat added as well.  So basically he'd be Sully.

With that said, i have hopes that he's a better, stronger player this year.

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2015, 12:49:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think its complete hogwash that  someone can gain 20lbs of muscle in such little time without anabolic steroids.  Especially without gaining or even supposedly losing body fat.  No man can serve two masters. either you bulk up, gain fat and muscle, or you lose fat along with a little muscle.  This is reality.

He looks the same.  This is just spin from the agent, the player, the front office - something like that.  AND I'm an optimist usually.

Sorry, just sick of hearing this "20lb of muscle" nonsense.  If he really did gain 20lbs of muscle he'd have another 30-40 pounds of fat added as well.  So basically he'd be Sully.

With that said, i have hopes that he's a better, stronger player this year.
Why do you think this? 20 lbs is surely an exaggeration, but he is a 19 year old kid who is 6'6" (makes 20 lbs less significant than if we were talking about someone 5'11") who has access to the best trainers and facilities etc in the world.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2015, 01:03:11 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

.... you can't see anything at all in that video.

For a 19 yo that size, especially one who isn't starting with a lot of muscle mass and may still be getting taller, it is totally reasonable to gain 20 pounds that fast. If he's lifting heavy weights on short reps, eating a high cal high protein diet, and cycling creatine , he can be adding 1-2 pounds week.

I believe that NBA players don't use creatine during the season because it's not great for your endurance and because when you are use it you are carrying an extra 5-10 pounds of water that slow you down. In the off season, though, if a guy wanted to gain mass and strength, I'm sure he would use it then.

That doesn't mean James Young IS or HAS. It just means that if you're shouting it down as though it's impossible without steroids, you are super wrong!