Author Topic: Dallas looks like they are striking out, Good news for pick c's own?  (Read 17953 times)

Re: Dallas looks like they are striking out, Good news for pick c's own?
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2015, 08:13:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
DJ signing with Dallas is not good for Boston. C'mon.

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2015, 08:13:09 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Deandre Jordan signing with Dallas.

This doesn't make them a lock for the playoffs. Dirk needs to prove he's still got it, Parsons needs to play better than he did last year, Matthews needs to be healthy, and they don't have a PG. I read they're going after Jeremy Lin. If things gel for them, this could be really bad news for the Celtics and that pick but I'm holding out hope that age, health, and lack of PG play (crucial to getting Deandre looks) could still land them in the lottery.
I haven't read the whole thread but I'm sure somebody already mentioned that it is top 7 protected so they can't be terrible which I don't think they will be. I call this a positive for the C's.
I think it could be a good thing. DAL can't suck and get in the top 7, but we don't want them to make the playoffs either.
agreed. my guess, and it is a guess, is that their draft pick falls in the 10 to 16 range. which is better than the celtics this past draft.

Hey you are back!

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2015, 08:21:46 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Best case scenario, Jordan without CP3 struggles but Carlisle is too good of a coach for the team to drop out entirely.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2015, 08:27:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
it'll keep them out of the bottom 7 so that would be good.  doesn't bring enough offense to make them a playoff team at this point without Rondo and Ellis

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

This doesn't make them a lock for the playoffs. Dirk needs to prove he's still got it, Parsons needs to play better than he did last year, Matthews needs to be healthy, and they don't have a PG. I read they're going after Jeremy Lin. If things gel for them, this could be really bad news for the Celtics and that pick but I'm holding out hope that age, health, and lack of PG play (crucial to getting Deandre looks) could still land them in the lottery.
I haven't read the whole thread but I'm sure somebody already mentioned that it is top 7 protected so they can't be terrible which I don't think they will be. I call this a positive for the C's.
I think it could be a good thing. DAL can't suck and get in the top 7, but we don't want them to make the playoffs either.
agreed. my guess, and it is a guess, is that their draft pick falls in the 10 to 16 range. which is better than the celtics this past draft.
Dallas finished 7th in the west and got the 21st pick last draft.  Besides GSW, Spurs, OKC, Grizz and Rockets, which west teams are going to be better than Dallas?  The Clips have no center.  Portland is done.  NO hasn't done anything to improve other than firing their coach.  Chandler alone doesn't move the needle for Phoenix.  Utah is better but needs a couple more years.  I expect the Dallas pick to fall 19-22. 

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2015, 08:38:18 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Dallas finished 7th in the west and got the 21st pick last draft.  Besides GSW, Spurs, OKC, Grizz and Rockets, which west teams are going to be better than Dallas?  The Clips have no center.  Portland is done.  NO hasn't done anything to improve other than firing their coach.  Chandler alone doesn't move the needle for Phoenix.  Utah is better but needs a couple more years.  I expect the Dallas pick to fall 19-22.
Unfortunately, I think you're right. But that still depends on the health of Wes Matthews and Dirk, Jordan's ability to play away from CP3, and the team picking up a competent PG. There's a disaster scenario for Dallas where those things don't break right for them and they wind up in the 10-14 range. I can't say I'm predicting it'll happen, but I think it's on the table.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2015, 09:13:25 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
it'll keep them out of the bottom 7 so that would be good.  doesn't bring enough offense to make them a playoff team at this point without Rondo and Ellis

They've got Parsons, Mathews, Dirk and DJ. They're probably not going to struggle offensively and they have the best defensive big man in the nba next to Dirk. They'll be better than last year in all likelihood.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2015, 09:28:40 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I told you, stop wishing for these teams to do bad, it always turns out good for them. Every time I say they will do good, they fail, if I ask for the opposite they come out smelling like roses. It works LOL. Reverse Voodoo!!!

Better start a thread stating Dallas will be best team in the west! ;)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Uh, Rondo hurt their offense. Getting rid of Rondo improved the team.

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2015, 10:08:28 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Thunder, Rockets, Warriors, Memphis, San Antonio... 5 teams that will make it. Then Clips will prob still squeeze in there... I think Pelicans will get in... meaning there will be a big fight for 8, and I can see it being the Mavs.

In that case it would be pick 15 I believe, which unfortunately is the best case scenario. But then again, Dirk is declining, Parsons struggled last year, and Matthews is coming off a nasty injury. But I still think Deandre compliments Dirk perfectly.

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2015, 10:14:04 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

I think the Clippers are better than Dallas with the addition of PP. They don't need a dominate center, just someone to rebound.

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2015, 10:18:20 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They've got Parsons, Mathews, Dirk and DJ. They're probably not going to struggle offensively and they have the best defensive big man in the nba next to Dirk. They'll be better than last year in all likelihood.

I think we should let Matthews get back on the court before annointing that as a good offense.  Also, they currently have JJ Barea running the offense.  I'm not sold.

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Thunder, Rockets, Warriors, Memphis, San Antonio... 5 teams that will make it. Then Clips will prob still squeeze in there... I think Pelicans will get in... meaning there will be a big fight for 8, and I can see it being the Mavs.

In that case it would be pick 15 I believe, which unfortunately is the best case scenario. But then again, Dirk is declining, Parsons struggled last year, and Matthews is coming off a nasty injury. But I still think Deandre compliments Dirk perfectly.

Won't be 15 unless most of the East is better. We were 7th in the east for 16...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2015, 10:46:42 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I think the Clippers are better than Dallas with the addition of PP. They don't need a dominate center, just someone to rebound.
They didn't just lose a dominant rebounder.  They lost their elite rim protector and post defender.  All those good PGs in the west are going to have great success driving the lane now.  Cousins, Howard, etc will have a field day.  Jordan also played all 82 games for the last three seasons.  If Doc doesn't make a significant acquisition, the Clips are toast this year. 

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2015, 10:47:03 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

I think we should let Matthews get back on the court before annointing that as a good offense.  Also, they currently have JJ Barea running the offense.  I'm not sold.

Exactly, I don't see why everyone's assuming Matthews is going to be the same guy he was before his injury, given the history of Achilles tears.  Even if he is, their best shot creator is probably 37 year old Dirk.  Everyone's talking about how devastating their offense will be because of the pick and pop with Dirk and the pick and roll with DeAndre, but who's going to be running those plays?  Jeremy Lin? Devin Harris?  Those guys are a far cry from Monta Ellis and Chris Paul.