Author Topic: Brandon Wright gets 18m/3 by Grizz  (Read 1548 times)

Brandon Wright gets 18m/3 by Grizz
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:47:49 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Brandon Wright gets 18m/3 by Grizz and it looks like a better get than Amir. Wright is 27 and can block shots and has overall great efficiency . He could have been a value signing.

Re: Brandon Wright gets 18m/3 by Grizz
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Well, they aren't re-signing Koufos now. Interesting pick up for them.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 06:53:47 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Wright looked bad when he played for Boston.

I'll take Johnson. He is a blue collar, efficient role player with veteran intangibles. He instAntly becomes the Celtics' best big man.

Wright on the other hand could barely earn minutes and looked lost much of the time.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 06:56:09 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Wright looked bad when he played for Boston.

I'll take Johnson. He is a blue collar, efficient role player with veteran intangibles. He instAntly becomes the Celtics' best big man.

Wright on the other hand could barely earn minutes and looked lost much of the time.
I'm not saying build around the guy. I'm saying he;s getting paid half what Amir is and is younger/longer. Anyways he prob was lost a little, he was traded mid season about, and only played 8 games with us.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 07:10:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Definitely a move away from recent Grizzlies decision making. I remember Lionel Hollins being very upset when they lost Marreese Speights and replaced all his backup bigs with undersized and/or skinny bigs who could not compete physically in the paint. Looks like Memphis' management is going down that road again. Didn't work out well last time. I imagine it'll come back to bite them on the ass again this time too.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Brandon Wright gets 18m/3 by Grizz and it looks like a better get than Amir. Wright is 27 and can block shots and has overall great efficiency . He could have been a value signing.
Yep, and  that's about all he can do. Johnson has some positional versatility, plays efficient defense, and can shoot the three.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Well, they aren't re-signing Koufos now. Interesting pick up for them.
I wonder where Koufos goes. He wants to start. Boston is out of the picture now with Amir Johnson signing. Not many places left where he is good enough to beat out their starting center.

* New York
* LAL
* Milwaukee

I think that's it. 3 teams. And one of those teams might sign Greg Monroe.

Not much of a market for a guy who refuses to sign for a team that wants him in a backup role.

I hope he goes to Milwaukee. Upgrade on Zaza Pachulia.

Edit: The loser of the DeAndre Jordan sweepstakes - Dallas or LAC. Another possible home for Koufos. The best possible home for Koufos. Go there Koufos!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 07:31:03 PM by Who »

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 07:22:03 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Dude took a discount to go home to Tennessee and play for a very good team. Wasn't an option for the Cs.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 07:23:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Yeah, but he looked like a poor fit on our team and the team quickly soured on him. Also, the deal will be taking up cap space for 2 years longer than Johnson's deal. Plus, Johnson can actually play the C spot and has good range with a 41.3% from 3 in a smallish sample size of 19-46. That's something that I'm sure Stevens will encourage him to do more of. Just like he did with Bass.