Author Topic: I see fireworks!  (Read 4871 times)

Re: I see fireworks!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 09:15:28 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The Titanic set off emergency flares that were mistaken for fireworks

wow...that was very good.....

Was totally  awesome !

These are times that try Celtics hearts

We must remain sane in the face of certain disaster ......that befalls our team

hell, if we're the titanic, then I'll happily be the band that sinks with the ship!

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 09:15:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I wanted to save the cap for 2016. Not big on getting Monroe but this may make a little more sense than keeping cap space. Sense in that DA didn't have mid grade contracts at 4/5 to make a trade for a under contract player. Thus this allows for tradeable expiring contracts in 2016. In the short term AJ and Jerekbo can push Sully and KO. AJ does fit a small ball 5 too. I can see fireworks if Brooklyn pick falls in the top five DA now has expiring contracts to trade plus the pick without giving up larger contracts of IT or AB. I'd like to still get Harris if they can land a S&T.

Name the targets in 16 ? Cus, it ain't gonna be better than this season
With all the RFAs resigning next year's crop of FA won't be deep. Thus a trade to upgrade talent will be need. That is the point of two year deals. Next off season they are expiring. The landscape for available trade targets will change through out the season. I can't just say C's can trade for player x. I'm just saying these contract lengths are strategic for trading. It's also why each guy probably got a overpaid by 30%.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 09:16:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I gotta admit that earlier today I looked at this dumpster-fire of an offseason and couldn't help but be disappointed and frustrated.  I'm just going to say right now... I don't understand these moves at all.   Amir Johnson for 12 mil?   Signing an 11th man like Jerebko for 5 mil per year?  Did we tap out on free agency and just decide to use up our cap on adding more role players?    I just don't get what the goal here is... to go all-in on a 45 win season?   

These moves are going over my head.   I can't make sense of what the plan in here. 

I have to assume there are more shoes to drop.  Only thing I can do at this point is sigh and wait. 

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 09:40:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I gotta admit that earlier today I looked at this dumpster-fire of an offseason and couldn't help but be disappointed and frustrated.  I'm just going to say right now... I don't understand these moves at all.   Amir Johnson for 12 mil?   Signing an 11th man like Jerebko for 5 mil per year?  Did we tap out on free agency and just decide to use up our cap on adding more role players?    I just don't get what the goal here is... to go all-in on a 45 win season?   

These moves are going over my head.   I can't make sense of what the plan in here. 

I have to assume there are more shoes to drop.  Only thing I can do at this point is sigh and wait.
I thought the same about the players when I saw the names but then I saw the contract lengths. It's a gamble to use as trade chips so far out but it makes sense. You won't actually inprove team or its playoff chances (Assuming Heat and Pacers improve/get heqlthy) yet they will still be entertaining and scrappy.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 09:51:33 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I thought the same about the players when I saw the names but then I saw the contract lengths. It's a gamble to use as trade chips so far out but it makes sense. You won't actually inprove team or its playoff chances (Assuming Heat and Pacers improve/get heqlthy) yet they will still be entertaining and scrappy.

Right now you can't say the team has improved one bit, I'd argue Bass is better than AJ so in that case we got worse. Add to the fact we already have a $10m stiff sitting on the bench and a million trade chips that nobody wants. In all seriousness we are ****ed!

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 09:56:26 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Nobody is ever gonna sign here.  We need to go into Philly tank mode.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 10:07:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
How soon until we can trade Johnson

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Nobody is ever gonna sign here.  We need to go into Philly tank mode.
It has worked so well for Philly

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
nm
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I'd rather have a 45 win team and make the playoffs than tank and hope to land the "next big hype" out of college.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 10:28:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
How soon until we can trade Johnson

Not sure what your gripe is with Johnson but I think he's a fine player.

He's no Embiid but good enough for me.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 10:35:39 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

I'd rather have a 45 win team and make the playoffs than tank and hope to land the "next big hype" out of college.

It's not just about making playoffs in the weak east its about putting a team together that will win more rings but if we continue to stay at the 8 seed we won't get any better.

We need to choose a direction to go up or down and Danny has chose stay in place which is the worst option  :P

We could have gotten nobody and just let our players develop which might get us a better lottery pick or we could have went all out in the draft/free agency and signed players who could have made a difference and made us a contender (Harris/ Monroe) but we decided getting ready for next years free agents is a better option but that is dumb because if none of the top free agents from this year want to sign with us what makes everyone think it'll change next year -___-

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 10:45:33 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
most of the big-name free agents are re-signing with their own teams - that's not a surprise at all.

pretty much every other team in the league is feeling exactly like c's fans right now, there just wasn't a lot of likelihood of guys leaving, especially with the cap hike looming.

aldridge looks like the one top-tier guy who will leave. if the spurs do indeed land aldridge, that's because they're a perennial contender. and, like most perennial contenders, they got that way by getting a stud in tim duncan in the draft.

we need to keep developing young talent until we have enough good young guys to make boston a destination - it's hard to do, but not impossible.

otherwise we'll need a big trade.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 10:54:01 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I see fireworks but then again its Canada Day.

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 10:54:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The Titanic set off emergency flares that were mistaken for fireworks

wow...that was very good.....

Was totally  awesome !

These are times that try Celtics hearts

We must remain sane in the face of certain disaster ......that befalls our team

hell, if we're the titanic, then I'll happily be the band that sinks with the ship!
You and me can be that old couple that gave up their seat for the young couple.