Author Topic: Amir Johnson to Celtics  (Read 72471 times)

Re: Amir Johnson to Celtics
« Reply #375 on: July 02, 2015, 05:05:06 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I hate that it seems that over half the fans here want our team to loose...How are the tanking teams looking now? NY and LAL are in the same place the started in. Philly's players don't even want to play for them.

We have almost no chance of making the playoffs this year, we have learned our assets are poo, and we are not gonna attract a superstar to come to the team unless we have a superstar in place already.

I think we should just play these players next year and let them develop and try to get a higher chance in the lotto.

Smart/IT
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/KO
Zeller/Mickey

I don't even want to see Amir on the floor because he's not a part of the future and he is just taking minutes from players who can still develop. If we were trying to win and compete for the title I would have no problem with giving him minutes but that isn't the case we are in a rebuild and he is just a trade asset for next year.

« Reply #376 on: July 02, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I hate that it seems that over half the fans here want our team to loose...How are the tanking teams looking now? NY and LAL are in the same place the started in. Philly's players don't even want to play for them.

We have almost no chance of making the playoffs this year, we have learned our assets are poo, and we are not gonna attract a superstar to come to the team unless we have a superstar in place already.

I think we should just play these players next year and let them develop and try to get a higher chance in the lotto.

Smart/IT
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/KO
Zeller/Mickey

I don't even want to see Amir on the floor because he's not a part of the future and he is just taking minutes from players who can still develop. If we were trying to win and compete for the title I would have no problem with giving him minutes but that isn't the case we are in a rebuild and he is just a trade asset for next year.

Considering that we made the playoffs last year and that our team will be better to start the season than last year, why do you think that they won't make the playoffs??  They didn't get worse. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #377 on: July 02, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday

Smart/IT
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/KO
Zeller/Mickey

Considering that we made the playoffs last year and that our team will be better to start the season than last year, why do you think that they won't make the playoffs??  They didn't get worse.

The heat are a contender again and the Pacers are back at full strength. We aren't better than either and we were the 7th seed that puts us out. Plus I can see the Knicks, Nets, Hornets, and Pistons all making runs for the 8th seed. The east has gotten stronger while we remained the same.

« Reply #378 on: July 02, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

Smart/IT
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/KO
Zeller/Mickey

Example of legit argument why Boston won't make the playoffs:

Indiana's best player missed the entire season , and should be back.  Since Indiana missed finished just two games behind Boston, they should finish ahead of them this year.

Miami finished just three games back, despite not having Chris Bosh for about half the season.  With Bosh back healthy this year, and assuming they bring Wade back, they should finish ahead of Boston.

Those two teams just returning to where they "should" be would put Boston outside the playoffs.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #379 on: July 02, 2015, 05:44:25 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We are going to be much better.
Watch.

« Reply #380 on: July 02, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Although Miami is getting their core back for another season and Indiana is getting George back, the Celtics will also have a full season with their core players (including IT and Crowder).

It should be very interesting, but I believe Celtics still have a shot to make the Eastern playoffs.

« Reply #381 on: July 02, 2015, 05:47:34 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Indiana's best player missed the entire season , and should be back.  Since Indiana missed finished just two games behind Boston, they should finish ahead of them this year.

Miami finished just three games back, despite not having Chris Bosh for about half the season.  With Bosh back healthy this year, and assuming they bring Wade back, they should finish ahead of Boston.

Those two teams just returning to where they "should" be would put Boston outside the playoffs.

It cuts both ways though.  Atlanta losing DeMarre Carroll hurts their team.  The Wizards lost Paul Pierce.  Chicago lost one of the leagues best coaches.  We could very well jump two of those three teams and be right in the mix.

« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2015, 05:48:51 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Irrelevant. For over a decade, no #8 seed has won more than 41 games in the east. Bringing back George and a few more games from Bosh won't change that. It may shuffle the order but the target is the same - the east isn't getting stronger overnight.

« Reply #383 on: July 02, 2015, 05:53:32 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday

It cuts both ways though.  Atlanta losing DeMarre Carroll hurts their team.  The Wizards lost Paul Pierce.  Chicago lost one of the leagues best coaches.  We could very well jump two of those three teams and be right in the mix.

I dont think the loss of Carroll will catapult the Hawks out of contention their 2 best players Horford and Millsap are still there.

And Paul is a blow to the wizards but they are still a great team I think Otto Porter will slide right into the lineup without much of a hassle.

Yes the Bulls lost their coach but they retained Butler, Rose is no slouch, Pau still plays good ball, Mirotic is going into his 2nd year and he was phenomenal, Joakim had a off year due to injury but the year before he was Unbelievable. They won't miss the playoffs.

« Reply #384 on: July 02, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen

Just ahead of Boston was Milwaukee.  Milwaukee just upgraded significantly at center.  Boston's not likely to hop over that

Atlanta was a full 20 games better than Boston.
Chicago was a full 10 games better than Boston.
Boston's not likely to hop over them.

That leaves Washington as the most likely candidate, and that was a 6 game difference.

« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen

Irrelevant. For over a decade, no #8 seed has won more than 41 games in the east. Bringing back George and a few more games from Bosh won't change that. It may shuffle the order but the target is the same - the east isn't getting stronger overnight.

Your post makes no sense at all.

« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2015, 05:56:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Wow. We're going to leapfrog ATL, Washington, and Chicago next year?

Paul George (even at 85% his stud) and Ellis won't significantly improve Indy? Wade and Bosh back in Miami now, with Whiteside still developing. And in all of our clamoring for a star, I wonder what difference we would think he would make if in Green next year. No improvement? I'd bet many would say ~5th best in East. Weird how that works.

Guess it's going to be a wilder season than I thought! Break out the O'Doul's!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:03:24 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2015, 05:58:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Smart/IT
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/KO
Zeller/Mickey

So you know for a fact that nobody else in the Was is going to get injured next season?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2015, 06:01:07 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen

Smart/IT
Bradley/Hunter
Young/Crowder
Sully/KO
Zeller/Mickey

So you know for a fact that nobody else in the Was is going to get injured next season?

No.  Are you now done deliberately misreading my post, which specifically, deliberately and explicitly did nothing but pose a legit argument about other teams passing the Celtics, or shall I start with the "do you know for a fact that nobody on the Celtics will get hurt" type of retorts?

« Reply #389 on: July 02, 2015, 06:03:23 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
-Healthy Bosh and Wade = playoffs for Heat.
-Healthy George = playoffs for Pacers.
-Cleveland is already indestructible in the East.
-Atlanta remains the same, lock up a top 3 seed and then get bounced in the first or second round like usual.
-Milwaukee significant upgrade = upgrade on playoff seed.
-Wizards lost Paul Pierce = downgrade on playoff seed.
-Chicago lost Thibs but still has players that can keep them well-alive = playoffs.

That's 7 teams.

Charlotte, New York, Detroit, Boston, Brooklyn, and Toronto can all fight for the 8th seed.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)