Author Topic: Amir Johnson to Celtics  (Read 72551 times)

Re: Amir Johnson to Celtics
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2015, 07:04:08 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I feel bad for some people given what they look for as fans and all the complaining they do but shows you its different for everyone.  I'd find something to actually enjoy, but that's just me.

As someone who has traveled and knows some different areas, I think New England sports fans are ridiculously spoiled and short sighted.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
snore

What would you do in Ainge's shoes? You're always very dismissive on all the moves we make, but the Sixers and Hinkie could do no wrong. So it'd be nice for you to provide an alternatve, with some actual names.

"Don't expect any big moves"

*Free agency starts*

"This offseason is boring"

*troll complete*

Edit: I think we can ease up on the accusations of him being a Sixers fan though. He's obviously a Celts fan.

I'm not sure about that. He posts a lot, but is he really a fan of the team or any of it's players?
Eddie20... fair point... Yes, I'm a lifelong fan of the Boston Celtics.  No, I'm not that big of a fan of the scrubs on the team right now.  I'm not rushing to the store to buy my Amir Johnson jersey.     I have a right to be disgruntled right now.  This team is irrelevant right now.  This roster isn't even remotely close to contending.   We have whiffed on every attempt to make a significant improvement for two years straight.  It's a tad depressing.   I'm not one for denial.   I wasn't a big fan of the Pierce/Walker treadmill teams either, but there were always some delusional fans who thought we were capable of upsetting the Shaq/Kobe teams if we just managed to sneak into the Finals.  I wasn't one of those people.  That team was mediocre.  This team might not even be mediocre.   We were below .500 last season.  I see a below .500 roster right now.

Okay, but you're absolutely in love with the Sixers. However, the last time the Sixers had a better record than "our team" was during the 06-07 season. So since you know A LOT about both teams what year do you think the Sixers actually break that streak?

Keep in mind that we actually had the second best record in the east after the all-star break last season. This despite having an incredibly ridiculous roster turnover throughout the year. You were also the same guy that forecasted us to win 15 games. You remember, right?

« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2015, 07:05:20 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Regarding 2nd years of Jonas Jerebko & Amir Johnson deals being non-guaranteed, a source says those terms are still being negotiated.

AdamHimmelsbach

« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2015, 07:05:33 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
We are a bootleg Philly. Same strategy, less top young players. Thank goodness for our "flexibility" though!  ::) So "flexible" with our crowded guard and PF positions. So "flexible" with all our rookies on the roster sitting on the bench.

Another complaint. Where's your answer? What should Ainge be doing? Come on....give it up.

« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2015, 07:06:56 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
I feel bad for some people given what they look for as fans and all the complaining they do but shows you its different for everyone.  I'd find something to actually enjoy, but that's just me.

As someone who has traveled and knows some different areas, I think New England sports fans are ridiculously spoiled and short sighted.

Are they judgmental, too?

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2015, 07:07:41 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Also I find it hilarious Jordan being idiotic and not taking our offer validates a lot of people here's idea that we have nothing of value to offer anyone.   He is a great GM after all.

« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Also I find it hilarious Jordan being idiotic and not taking our offer validates a lot of people here's idea that we have nothing of value to offer anyone.   He is a great GM after all.

a bunch of teams turned down that offer

« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2015, 07:08:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
In my experience, very few fanbases are as emotional invested or spend as much time following, watching, and thinking about their teams as New Englanders.

Trust me, come out to California and try to start a conversation about whatever the local team is doing.  People just don't get too worked up either way.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Who else?

« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Celtics must believe Johnson can play the 5 full time in today's smaller, quicker NBA.
I think so. I think he is an upgrade as a defender & rebounder over T.Zeller. I think Amir should start at center and Zeller should be the backup center. Both guys are superb cutting to the basket and rolling to the rim in PnRs.

Not to mention Amir shot 40% from 3 last year.

« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
We are a bootleg Philly. Same strategy, less top young players. Thank goodness for our "flexibility" though!  ::) So "flexible" with our crowded guard and PF positions. So "flexible" with all our rookies on the roster sitting on the bench.

Another complaint. Where's your answer? What should Ainge be doing? Come on....give it up.

I've already explained who I think we should have drafted. I'm actually starting to understand the Amir signing if he indeed will be played at center. I'm complaining because we have all guards and PFs and in my opinion had a really bad draft. And if it is true that we didn't get Harris because we didn't want to give him the max then I don't like that either.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Who else?

Miami,NY there was 1 more but can't remember now, i'll have to google it

« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2015, 07:13:04 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Who else?

Miami,NY there was 1 more but can't remember now, i'll have to google it

Miami isn't interested in trading with us anyways for our pick.  Riley wouldn't trade with Ainge.

Not surprised we couldn't trade into the top 4.  That's virtually impossible to do ever.

And I'll be waiting.  Again, this is all being based off so little, it's funny.  Trading up is so hard to do because teams fall in love with their picks (as Ainge said).  Basing anything off Jordan not taking a good deal is just funny to me, especially trades that aren't aimed at moving up in a draft.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 07:18:13 PM by Snakehead »

« Reply #223 on: July 01, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
I like Amir's game a lot, all around player that kills the Celtics. He's an upgrade from Bass that can play some Center too. Also a fan of the short contract, especially if second year is a team option.

So long as he's healthy he should be a helpful player on the court, add some personality off it and remain a valuable trade chip for the FO if needed. Plus we make our division rivals weaker in an already weak Atlantic.

« Reply #224 on: July 01, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
I like the Amir signing. Could potentially be a 1yr/12mil deal if the 2nd year is non-guaranteed. Gives flexibility to Boston next year when the cap increases again.