Author Topic: Draymond Green Breaks off talks with Warriors  (Read 4397 times)

Re: Draymond Green Breaks off talks with Warriors
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If your going to give TT 15 million a year, Green easily deserves the same

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
he's an RFA no? warriors can still match?

They can but i wonder if they don't wanna pay him max money. I think they want to keep Barnes around as well in the future and he has to get paid soon.

idk, don't you think Green is more valuable especially after the finals...he stepped up big when the warriors needed him the most...that triple dub in game 6...man you know he wants that championship bad...and he proved that he deserved it.

Green was terrible for most of the Finals lets keep in mind.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Still he had a near tripple double  game 5 and 6. Plus all season long was huge. Without Green you think they would of still won?
Look at the conversation.

I responded to someone claiming the finals raised his value. Yes, he was great all season long. But his finals were not great.

I do not think that any one series matters that much. Too small a sample size and matchups make it hard to gauge. But the logic of focusing on one game (as the earlier poster did with game 6) makes no sense in evaluating players.

Also, the "without player X would they have won" logic NEVER makes sense. In a sport where maybe 10 guys are in the rotation, most of them are essential to winning at the highest level. If we were to evaluate whether they would have won without him, we would also need to know the replacement player on the roster.