Author Topic: Submit Your Ideas for Trading Bradley, Turner, Sullinger / Olynyk  (Read 4744 times)

Re: Submit Your Ideas for Trading Bradley, Turner, Sullinger / Olynyk
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 02:58:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If the Celts sign Tobias Harris, I think I might want to see him at PF.  That would open the Celts up to trade both Sullinger and Olynyk for pieces elsewhere.

I still like the idea of going after Roy Hibbert by offering Sullinger and Wallace.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 03:20:59 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Alright guys, so I will admit when I was wrong. Obviously my deal was way too low for Favors. I guess my line of thinking went along with how they had too many PFs, but that really doesn't make sense.

In light of this, what do you think a fair deal would be to get Favors? Would it be possible without including Smart or any of the Brooklyn picks?

And I also would like to see Harris at PF. His rebounding ability and stretch 4 capabilities seem to fit perfectly with what CBS envisions this team to be.

So on to Roy Hibbert. Is Hibbert worth investing "assets" into no matter how insignificant they are? Granted he would provide us with the first true Rim protecting center we have seen in years. I also always have hoped that Hibbert will finally be able to use his gifts on offense (as he isn't the worst fundamental player on that side of the ball once he has the ball.) I have even seen him utilize little mini hooks (which he should given his size,) yet he obviously has bricks for hands and finishes at the rim terribly for someone his size. Below is a copy of his advanced stats page for his shooting for the year. Two stats jump out at me. As a 7'2" center, there is no excuse to have an overall eFG% of .446.  His at the rim eFG% looks marginally better (.558), yet upon further investigation, his layup eFG% at the rim is an abysmal .455%.

On top of all this, he will be turning 29 next season, meaning his window doesn't really add up to what the rest of the team is doing. Personally I like the guy, and hope he can somehow salvage his offense a bit, but he just seems to soft to be the long term answer, and unfortunately if you are in the tanking camp, he might cause you to win too many games under CBS. Just some thoughts.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hibbero01/shooting/2015/

#JKJB

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I hope a chain reaction of deals happen soon maybe along the lines of

S&T of Tobias Harris (14m) for Gerald Wallace/ Turner/Pressey/ Babb, 2016 Dallas and 2016 celtics 1sts

Then work on a trade with the Raptors for Derozan

Derozan for Bradley/ KO, 2016 minny first, 2018 memphis 1st, 2018 Brk 1st and  Dallas/Miami/ Philly 2016 2nd round picks

Then Convince Greg Monroe to sign a max deal here soooo finally the starting lineup and bench would look like

Smart/ IT/
Derozan/ Rozier/ Hunter
Harris/ Young/
Sully/ Crowder/ Mickey
Monroe/ Zeller

There would endless amounts of Lineups Brad could play with since so many players can play multiple positions
Smart(1-3)
Derozan(1-3)
Harris(3/4)
Sully(4/5)
Monroe(4/5)
Crowder(2-4)
Young(2/3)
Rozier(1/2)
Mickey(4/5
Hunter(2/3)

The only players that couldn't play more than 1 positions are IT and Zeller  :o but...

This is just me messing around and in reality this will probably just remain my dream  :'(

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 03:35:42 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I hope a chain reaction of deals happen soon maybe along the lines of

S&T of Tobias Harris (14m) for Gerald Wallace/ Turner/Pressey/ Babb, 2016 Dallas and 2016 celtics 1sts

Then work on a trade with the Raptors for Derozan

Derozan for Bradley/ KO, 2016 minny first, 2018 memphis 1st, 2018 Brk 1st and  Dallas/Miami/ Philly 2016 2nd round picks

Then Convince Greg Monroe to sign a max deal here soooo finally the starting lineup and bench would look like

Smart/ IT/
Derozan/ Rozier/ Hunter
Harris/ Young/
Sully/ Crowder/ Mickey
Monroe/ Zeller

There would endless amounts of Lineups Brad could play with since so many players can play multiple positions
Smart(1-3)
Derozan(1-3)
Harris(3/4)
Sully(4/5)
Monroe(4/5)
Crowder(2-4)
Young(2/3)
Rozier(1/2)
Mickey(4/5
Hunter(2/3)

The only players that couldn't play more than 1 positions are IT and Zeller  :o but...

This is just me messing around and in reality this will probably just remain my dream  :'(
Just sign Harris. Orlando is not matching, so no firsts are needed.

I would add IT to the mix as well. We do not need him in lotto mode and he has a great contract and we could sell high on him.

I'd do IT ET AB Zeller SUlly in dif trades and take back bad contracts, picks, and prospects.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 04:13:53 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Can we stop with the "trade Bradley" stuff yet? ::)

I know he sucked in the beginning but now hes a bright spot on the team, get over it already.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Rozier, KO, future 1st to the Suns for Alex Len.

Sign Harris.

Smart-IT
Bradley-Hunter-young
Harris-Crowder
Johnson-Sully
Len-Zeller

Looks like a hell of a lot more even reparation to me.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 04:20:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I know he sucked in the beginning but now hes a bright spot on the team, get over it already.

We have roughly 10 million guards, so trading Bradley to add talent elsewhere makes lots of sense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 04:33:24 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Bradley + Turner + Pressey + Babb (latter two on non-g contracts -- immediately waived) for Tobias Harris.

Cs replace Bradley with Harris & remove salary. They can then stretch Wallace, leaving them ~$12mil left to spend this summer.  Or trade Wallace with a 1st to make that more like $15mil.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »

Offline Soytiz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
How about Bradley, Turner, Sullinger and the corpse of Wallace (maybe a couple of picks) for Carmelo Anthony? Have to admit I also like Gordon Hayward but haven't heard of any inclination from the Jazz to offer him up for trade...

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 04:43:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Out: Bradley, Turner, Sullinger, Olynyk
In: a bag of chips.

How is that?  ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 04:45:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
CLE - Bradley and Pressey
BOS - Haywood, Miller, Osman, Christmas

UTA - Bradley
BOS - Rodney Hood

UTA - Bradley, Sullinger, Dallas 1st, Boston 2016 1st
SAC - Favors, BKN 2016 1st
BOS - Cousins
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 04:48:23 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

We have roughly 10 million guards, so trading Bradley to add talent elsewhere makes lots of sense.

Not when he's the only one that can shoot!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 10:21:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Bradley is extremely inconsistent and was god awful in the playoffs.

I'd deal him quicker than a heartbeat.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 10:22:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
If the Celts sign Tobias Harris, I think I might want to see him at PF.  That would open the Celts up to trade both Sullinger and Olynyk for pieces elsewhere.

I still like the idea of going after Roy Hibbert by offering Sullinger and Wallace.

Agreed!

Bird might want more however.

Still, I would deal Bradley, Turner and Sully for Hibbert.

And then sign Tobias.

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I think if we have any chance of getting Favors, we are going to have to dangle Marcus Smart to Utah.