Author Topic: Submit Your Ideas for Trading Bradley, Turner, Sullinger / Olynyk  (Read 4745 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Let's see 'em.  Give me your best ideas. 

Fireworks or not, I'd like to see the roster cleared up a bit.  No point in drafting all these young guys if they never get to play.  I've seen all I need to see from Bradley and Turner, and I've moved on from the idea of playing Sullinger and Olynyk together.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Submit Your Ideas for Trading Bradley, Turner, Sullinger / Olynyk
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pwdhjyj

Basics of Trade

Boston Gets: Derrick Favors

Utah Gets: Sullinger, Bradley, Mavs 2016 1st round

Boston gets a very athletic young player with the ability to play center for us, while clearing out the roster's two most cluttered positions. And we have to use some of these picks to trade

Utah gets a great 3 and d guard to use next to their young guard core of Exum and Burke. They also get a rotational big, who while doesn't have the best deep shot in the world, presents an upgrade over Favors at stretching the floor next to Gobert. They also get a pick to continue to build with.

Overall, I think it may be a slight overpay on our part, given the roster clutter that Utah now has upfront. But to get a decent young center, the celtics have to be willing to part with some guys.
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 01:46:51 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Throw picks around?

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 01:47:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Favors is a really good player.  Maybe redundant with Gobert, but I dunno.  The Jazz were pretty good with Hayward, Favors, and Gobert playing together. 

Kinda hard for me to believe they'd give him up for anything less than a backcourt stud or a power forward with legit range.

I could see Phoenix and Utah talking about a Bledsoe - Favors swap.  Would make some sense for both sides.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Overall, I think it may be a slight overpay on our part, given the roster clutter that Utah now has upfront.

Funnily enough, I think the exact opposite. The guy's got one of the best value contracts in the year. If I were Utah, I'd demand getting at least one of Brooklyn's first rounders and if Boston balked, I'd gladly keep my cost-controlled, productive young big.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 01:55:01 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qghany4

Boston gets: Clint Capela, Terrence Jones
Houston gets: Kelly Olynyk + 2016 2nd round pick

Not my best idea, but one I came up with off the top of my head.  Not really a big fan of it honestly because I'm not that high on Terrence Jones (I'd rather have Olynyk).  But I would like Clint Capela.

Olynyk fits perfectly into what Houston does.  Major threat on offense next to Dwight Howard and Harden.  Spreads the floor and is skilled enough to put the ball on the floor and make a play for a teammate.  Dwight covers for Olynyk's defensive deficiencies. 

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
While I see what you are saying, this trade seems to at least be realistic in my opinion. Granted I am where green tinted shamrock glasses, but Utah was supposedly interested in Bradley (can't remember if that was at deadline or before draft), while also were reportedly interested in bringing back Millsap (who are we kidding he is a pf.) Also they used their 13th pick on a player who will eventually be a pf for their lineup. These actions seem like they indicate they are looking to move on from Favors (as they would be foolish to ship out Gobert.)

The reason I included sully, is because I am assuming they don't bring back millsap. Sully could act as a bridge until Lyles improves.

Just a thought.
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 01:56:32 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
If we can get Tobias Harris, I'd try to trade Evan Turner for Cody Zeller. Perhaps we can throw in a second round draft choice, or some other painless asset.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 01:59:11 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
avery bradley and isaiah thomas for michael kidd gilchrist
maybe work in evan turner depending on charlottes needs

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

Charlotte isn't trading MKG.

Also they used their 13th pick on a player who will eventually be a pf for their lineup. These actions seem like they indicate they are looking to move on from Favors (as they would be foolish to ship out Gobert.)

Not necessarily, since Lyles hasn't been projected to be nearly as good an NBA player as Favors was coming out of college. Nothing wrong with drafting for depth and versatility.
They drafted Lyles because of his floor spacing capability: that makes him a good fit with both Favors and Gobert.

Not my best idea, but one I came up with off the top of my head.  Not really a big fan of it honestly because I'm not that high on Terrence Jones (I'd rather have Olynyk).  But I would like Clint Capela.

Olynyk fits perfectly into what Houston does.  Major threat on offense next to Dwight Howard and Harden.  Spreads the floor and is skilled enough to put the ball on the floor and make a play for a teammate.  Dwight covers for Olynyk's defensive deficiencies. 

Motiejunas already plays the exact role you envision for Olynyk, except with better defense and a more advanced post game. Don't see any way Houston cashes in two valuable players in Capela and Jones for a guy to do exactly what they're paying Motiejunas to do.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pwdhjyj

Basics of Trade

Boston Gets: Derrick Favors

Utah Gets: Sullinger, Bradley, Mavs 2016 1st round

Boston gets a very athletic young player with the ability to play center for us, while clearing out the roster's two most cluttered positions. And we have to use some of these picks to trade

Utah gets a great 3 and d guard to use next to their young guard core of Exum and Burke. They also get a rotational big, who while doesn't have the best deep shot in the world, presents an upgrade over Favors at stretching the floor next to Gobert. They also get a pick to continue to build with.

Overall, I think it may be a slight overpay on our part, given the roster clutter that Utah now has upfront. But to get a decent young center, the celtics have to be willing to part with some guys.

Wow, that is unrealistic, that is not nearly enough to get Favors
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 02:03:05 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Why would you trade Isaiah Thomas? AB maybe or ET but he will be one our best scorers, he gets to the line and he makes free throws.

For a 6'7" F that averages 10 & 7?

Why

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

Why would you trade Isaiah Thomas? AB maybe or ET but he will be one our best scorers, he gets to the line and he makes free throws.

Why

Because there's more to the game than stats that can be quantified, i.e. contributions on offense?

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Why

Because there's more to the game than stats that can be quantified, i.e. contributions on offense?

Makes no sense on how MKG contributes on offense more than what you want to trade. Sorry but it's not a good offer at all.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003

Charlotte isn't trading MKG.

Also they used their 13th pick on a player who will eventually be a pf for their lineup. These actions seem like they indicate they are looking to move on from Favors (as they would be foolish to ship out Gobert.)

Not necessarily, since Lyles hasn't been projected to be nearly as good an NBA player as Favors was coming out of college. Nothing wrong with drafting for depth and versatility.
They drafted Lyles because of his floor spacing capability: that makes him a good fit with both Favors and Gobert.

Motiejunas already plays the exact role you envision for Olynyk, except with better defense and a more advanced post game. Don't see any way Houston cashes in two valuable players in Capela and Jones for a guy to do exactly what they're paying Motiejunas to do.

I admittedly forgot about Montejunas since he was out for the playoffs.

I'm over with the Olynyk/Sully pairing as well.  Besides trading Turner, flipping either Olynyk or Sully in a fair deal is one of the things I'd like to happen this offseason or at some point this season.  I'm less optimistic about finding a good trade for Sully.