Author Topic: How does Aminu's deal affect Crowder- Amin Al Hassan Tweet  (Read 3889 times)

How does Aminu's deal affect Crowder- Amin Al Hassan Tweet
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:08:01 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I tweeted this to Amin Al Hassan @AminESPN, he retweeted me and replied too, check out the convo.

That stupid Aminu contract is going to drive up the price on Crowder

Amin Elhassan ?@AminESPN  6h6 hours ago
That's the impact of Aminu deal: not that he got overpaid (he did), but that now everyone else will point to that & say "im better than HIM"

Rida Chebaro
@AminESPN Jae Crowder and Tobias Harris just got a lot more leverage

Amin Elhassan retweeted Rida Chebaro @TheBrandmanDSC

Harris is a different market, but Crowder is definitely pleased by this development

Re: How does Aminu's deal affect Crowder- Amin Al Hassan Tweet
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:16:40 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
It's looking like resigning Jae may be the C's biggest deal of the offseason.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 07:41:57 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Who cares we need to spend money to get players we need anyway unless we're gonna filed a team of 6ft guards ::)

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:19:25 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Don't over pay Danny.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:29:43 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Looking forward to all the Celticsblog experts that aren't looking at the market saying everyone is overpaid.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:37:36 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Not sure it matters much.  Crowder's restricted, so teams aren't going to be as eager to make him an offer because of the risk of temporarily tying up salary cap space for nothing.  If Crowder feels he's worth more than the Celtics are offering, the Celtics can tell him to go find that money elsewhere.  He probably won't, but if he does then the Celtics can decide if they're willing to overpay him a bit.  Personally, if Crowder got an Aminu type deal somewhere else I'd match, but even so there's no reason to panic and give him a big deal when we have all the leverage.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 08:38:21 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Could be Aminu's playoff performance was so off the charts (for him at least) that Portland thought he was worth it.  He can fill the role as a starter.  Aminu is not the same player as Crowder.  Crowder is a player one puts in off the bench.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised if someone blinks and pays him more than he's worth. 

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 08:41:44 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
Could be Aminu's playoff performance was so off the charts (for him at least) that Portland thought he was worth it.  He can fill the role as a starter.  Aminu is not the same player as Crowder.  Crowder is a player one puts in off the bench.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised if someone blinks and pays him more than he's worth.

I'd say it's mostly that most people on this forum don't understand the market.  Guys are going to get paid.  The cap will be rising and this is what players are going to demand.

A lot of people on here wanting to get better through Free Agency but not wanting to pay fair market value for players.

You're saying "what he's worth". Well this is what he's worth.

@ZachLowe_NBA

Look: I'm not in love with Aminu at that price. But if you're judging the deal by old $ standards, you're doing it wrong. All I'm saying.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/616226464040681472

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:49:40 AM by Snakehead »

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 08:54:21 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
This is why the Celts are flirting with Corey Brewer, Gerald Green, etc. If Crowder wants too much to be the backup 3, then they have options. Brewer's got a pretty similar Missed 3-and-D game.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 08:57:30 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
This is why the Celts are flirting with Corey Brewer, Gerald Green, etc. If Crowder wants too much to be the backup 3, then they have options. Brewer's got a pretty similar Missed 3-and-D game.

Green also can legitimately shoot so he would be very useful for us.

Green made 3.5 million last year for reference too.  I'm assuming Crowder is going to get 7.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:04:08 AM by Snakehead »

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 09:22:08 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Didn't Aminu shoot some ungodly % from 3 in the playoffs? Like 65%? Seems sustainable.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 09:25:21 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Let Crowder go if that is the money it is going to take to keep him.

Guys like Crowder are available almost every year in the draft with a late first / 2nd round pick.
Guys like Crowder are often available in free agency for minimum to low price contracts.

They are not worth spending $30 million / 4 years million on.

Under the old cap, I'd have been happy spending $2-3 million per annum on Crowder. I think that is a respectable contract for an average backup SF with room for improvement which is what I consider Jae Crowder to be. With the cap about to jump from $63 million to $90 million next year, those figures would increase proportionally to roughly $3-4.5 million. The year after, the cap will have gone up to $108 million, so that means $3.4-5.2 million. That is my bracket for what I what I would have been comfortable paying under old and new cap.

I think the risk of paying Crowder and being wrong is higher than the risk of refusing to pay Crowder and being wrong ... given how easily players like Crowder are replaceable in the draft and in low price contracts. Even if opportunity is not available right away. It will be in near future and Ainge can replace Crowder at a low price.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 09:30:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Crowder lacks Aminu's length therefore I think it helps him less than you would think.  Aminu can guard more positions, Crowder can't guard a legit five.  Aminu can.  Aminu is also a better athlete.  Guys here love Crowder's heart which is impressive but talent trumps heart most of the time.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 12:28:34 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I tweeted this to Amin Al Hassan @AminESPN, he retweeted me and replied too, check out the convo.

That stupid Aminu contract is going to drive up the price on Crowder

Amin Elhassan ?@AminESPN  6h6 hours ago
That's the impact of Aminu deal: not that he got overpaid (he did), but that now everyone else will point to that & say "im better than HIM"

Rida Chebaro
@AminESPN Jae Crowder and Tobias Harris just got a lot more leverage

Amin Elhassan retweeted Rida Chebaro @TheBrandmanDSC

Harris is a different market, but Crowder is definitely pleased by this development
Or not.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva