Author Topic: AROUND THE LEAGUE NEWS (so far)  (Read 14036 times)

Re: AROUND THE LEAGUE NEWS (so far)
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2015, 01:15:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm rooting more heavily for the Lakers to strike out in free agency than I am for the Celtics to do anything at all.

Anyone else know this feel?

??? No.

Once Kobe is gone so is that team, unless KD or Lebron go there. LMA couldn't save Portland with Lillard, Matthews, and Lopez, why could he do it with Russel and Randle? Same goes for Love.

The whole laker situation and their direction confuses me.  Lets say they get Aldridge.  I agree with you that just adding him doesn't do much.  I still think, while a better one, they're still a lottery team.  You'd think a big free agent who is 30 wouldn't join a team to wait for the rookies to come around.  So what next?  Use the rookies to trade for an impact player on a bad team that's looking to go young and rebuild?  I don't think the salaries would match (established player versus rookie pay scale) so what else would the lakers include to entice the other team? 

I'm no salary cap expert.  Can they sign more than one free agent this year?  Next year they'll have a lot of space (cap increases and Kobe comes off the books) but again, does a 30 year old free agent want to join this team, likely be in the lottery and hope that a big name free agent ditches a lot of money and more years from their current team just to join the lakers?
The Lakers should be able to acquire both Aldridge and Jordan, which seems to be their main incentive.  They will then need to add some quality veteran minimum type players to fill out the wing and bench, but if they do get both they have a pretty nice team with Jordan, Aldridge, Bryant, Young, Russell, Randle, and Clarkson.  Still need depth, but should pretty easily be a playoff team with those 7 at the top of the roster.

The Lakers CANNOT give both Aldridge and Jordan max deals.  I also think you are seriously overestimating the impact that Russell, Randle, Young and Clarkson.

Mike

Jordan is not going to the Lakers. You know how ridiculous that would be?

Unless the clippers made him mad or didn't offer him a good deal, him switching jerseys but playing for the same city/in the same building would be a joke

Either stay with the clippers or go to Dallas is my guess.

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
guys watch

Celtics sign Bass to a 4 year 30 million dollar deal lol

I wonder what will happen to this forum

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2015, 01:18:52 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm rooting more heavily for the Lakers to strike out in free agency than I am for the Celtics to do anything at all.

Anyone else know this feel?

??? No.

Once Kobe is gone so is that team, unless KD or Lebron go there. LMA couldn't save Portland with Lillard, Matthews, and Lopez, why could he do it with Russel and Randle? Same goes for Love.

The whole laker situation and their direction confuses me.  Lets say they get Aldridge.  I agree with you that just adding him doesn't do much.  I still think, while a better one, they're still a lottery team.  You'd think a big free agent who is 30 wouldn't join a team to wait for the rookies to come around.  So what next?  Use the rookies to trade for an impact player on a bad team that's looking to go young and rebuild?  I don't think the salaries would match (established player versus rookie pay scale) so what else would the lakers include to entice the other team? 

I'm no salary cap expert.  Can they sign more than one free agent this year?  Next year they'll have a lot of space (cap increases and Kobe comes off the books) but again, does a 30 year old free agent want to join this team, likely be in the lottery and hope that a big name free agent ditches a lot of money and more years from their current team just to join the lakers?
The Lakers should be able to acquire both Aldridge and Jordan, which seems to be their main incentive.  They will then need to add some quality veteran minimum type players to fill out the wing and bench, but if they do get both they have a pretty nice team with Jordan, Aldridge, Bryant, Young, Russell, Randle, and Clarkson.  Still need depth, but should pretty easily be a playoff team with those 7 at the top of the roster.

I think getting Jordan is a long shot for the lakers.  Apparently he's unhappy being the third option offensively behind Griffin and Paul.  Why go to the lakers to be that AND get less money/years.

If this is true, Jordan is highly overestimating his offensive capabilities.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
FWIW Aldridge followed the Spurs, Kawhi Leonard, Manu Ginobili, and Danny Green today on twitter. Of course we can't put too much value in who people follow on twitter, but I don't think LMA followed anyone on the Lakers when he met with them.

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2015, 01:24:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
FWIW Aldridge followed the Spurs, Kawhi Leonard, Manu Ginobili, and Danny Green today on twitter. Of course we can't put too much value in who people follow on twitter, but I don't think LMA followed anyone on the Lakers when he met with them.

sounds like a done deal

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2015, 01:25:37 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Free agent Dwyane Wade and Miami are progressing in talks on a likely multi-year deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

sounds like a done deal

My bad turns out it was a joke. My bad everyone.

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2015, 03:29:29 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Yahoo Sources; Sacramento Kings free agent Derrick Williams meets with the Knicks and Mavericks on Thursday in Los Angeles.