Author Topic: Woj: Aminu to Portland  (Read 4482 times)

Re: Woj: Aminu to Portland
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 12:36:29 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Harris and Middleton should get their Max contracts. 

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 12:36:32 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Crowder will get at least $8 million per. Which is what I thought it would be, but I think this deal might mean it could go even higher. I don't know about that and how high I'm willing to go to keep him.

Tough choices for us it seems.

Restricted free agency might keep him lower, as teams might look at him as a second option, assuming C's will match.

We'll see.

I honestly think Ainge will get a quick agreement with him before July 10, so won't get that far. If it passes that. and no agreement in place, I think someone will overpay for him and I think the shorter wait time than before might not scare many away.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 12:37:18 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Get prepared to see some crazy contracts... with the cap jumping 40 million of the next two years you might see someone like bismack biyombo get 8+ mil per year

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 12:37:38 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I said in the other thread, but how is it possible that Aminu could agree to sign in Portland 30 minutes after free agency begins.  Can you make a decision like that in 30 minutes??  That's wild.

If his agent says "expect offer X" and offer Y comes in and is way bigger than X, yeah, maybe he can. 

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 12:38:11 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I said in the other thread, but how is it possible that Aminu could agree to sign in Portland 30 minutes after free agency begins.  Can you make a decision like that in 30 minutes??  That's wild.

The NBA looks the other way with tampering.  No one actually seems to care.  There has to be some unwritten rules among the GMs that we aren't privy too.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 12:40:18 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
If you average 6.4pts and 5.3rebs over 5 seasons, it shouldn't take you long to agree to a 4yr/30mil offer.   

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 12:41:47 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If you average 6.4pts and 5.3rebs over 5 seasons, it shouldn't take you long to agree to a 4yr/30mil offer.
Can't wait to see what Biyombo gets.  7.5 mil per year for Aminu?  Lol... dat cap raise.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 12:47:43 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Can't wait to see what Biyombo gets.  7.5 mil per year for Aminu?  Lol... dat cap raise.

It should be noted that the Portland GM drafted Aminu when he was in charge of the Clippers.  He obviously sees something in him that others have not -- and has shown it again.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 12:50:40 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Crowder looked quite a bit better for us than he did with the Mavs.  On the other hand, Brandan Wright looked better on the Mavs than I think he actually is.  I don't think the Mavs used Aminu that well so I can understand why Portland would go after him. 

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 12:53:21 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

If you get an offer way larger than what was predicted, it's probably best to jump all over it before it goes away.  The estimates were that he might get $4-5 million.

Portland really wanted Aminu and chose the gambit of making their likely first call to him with a large opening bid in the hopes that he would immediately accept.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 07:06:47 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jesus ... this cap raise is going to make some crazy contracts.

I think this clearly shows how hard it will be to overpay for high priced FAs this summer.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 07:09:02 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I hope Aldridge leaves Portland. This is not what he should be signing up for.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 07:28:25 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Didn't really want this guy.  He got paid way too much.

Agreed.   I said he looked like a slower version of jerebko.  I'd rather keep jerebko.  Harris and a big would be fine.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 07:53:02 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Didn't really want this guy.  He got paid way too much.

100% agree

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 08:01:45 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

This is so right.