Author Topic: We should sign Brook Lopez  (Read 940 times)

We should sign Brook Lopez
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:15:01 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Injury risk but he played 72 games last year and is definitely the best player on the Nets.  Since we own the Nets draft picks for the next three years, we might as well try to weaken em.   Throw everything we got at Brook and let's try to increase the value of them picks.

And if healthy, he improves our team.  Last two months of the season + the playoffs he was averaging 20 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks with 54% shooting and 80% from the line. 

Not an ideal fit, but in a offseason where our biggest signing might be Chris Birdman Anderson, one must dream a bit.

Re: We should sign Brook Lopez
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:25:09 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
He's resigning with Brooklyn.  It's been reported several places

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 12:26:17 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
He's resigning with Brooklyn.  It's been reported several places
Yeah it says he's expected to stay with the Nets... but nothing is official yet.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 12:26:33 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Injury risk but he played 72 games last year and is definitely the best player on the Nets.  Since we own the Nets draft picks for the next three years, we might as well try to weaken em.   Throw everything we got at Brook and let's try to increase the value of them picks.

And if healthy, he improves our team.  Last two months of the season + the playoffs he was averaging 20 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks with 54% shooting and 80% from the line. 

Not an ideal fit, but in a offseason where our biggest signing might be Chris Birdman Anderson, one must dream a bit.

Couldn't agree more.

Very good player that provides low post scoring and fills our need for a center

Not to mention he's a center that I think we can actually acquire as I've read he'd be willing to consider teams other than Brooklyn.

I've also mentioned this in the past.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 01:43:19 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I say go for it. When Brook Lopez is at his best he is one of the best centers in the game. The risk/reward is extremely intriguing and contrary to what people think he actually is not a bad defender when he is zoned in. He fits really well in Brad Stevens system too because he can operate out of the high post and has a nice mid range jumpshot. We could also give Lopez way more money too right? The Nets are maxed out with Williams, Johnson, and the remaining contracts. The Celtics could offer him stability, money, and his own team right off the bat. If we could land Brook Lopez and Tobias Harris in the same offseason I would consider it a win.

PG: Terry Rozier
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Tobias Harris
PF: Jared Sullinger
C: Brook Lopez

That's a young, talented roster that would easily make it to the 2nd Round of the Eastern Conference and would be one piece away from a championship. We take away Brooklyn's best player and make them a lottery team. We could have 3 first round picks including Brooklyn's which could potentially be a top 10. We send those 3 picks for 1 and grab Skal Labisierre who is the perfect compliment to Lopez and a shotblocking/ floor spacing PF.

PG: Terry Rozier
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Tobias Harris
PF: Skal Labisierre
C: Brook Lopez

Can't ask for a better squad than that.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 02:00:49 AM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Lopez resigning for 20 mil a yr for 3 yrs.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 02:04:04 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Lopez resigning for 20 mil a yr for 3 yrs.
Wait... Brook Lopez?  Did Brook Lopez just get less than Aminu?   Naaaahhh...

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 02:20:55 AM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I know its late so maybe you misread...so the deal looks to be 3 yrs 60 mil total ...20 mil a yr for 3 yrs.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 02:29:39 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I know its late so maybe you misread...so the deal looks to be 3 yrs 60 mil total ...20 mil a yr for 3 yrs.
Thx.  Makes more sense.