Author Topic: It's midnight  (Read 21944 times)

Re: It's midnight
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 12:43:13 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Monte Ellis  not interested in playing in Boston according to Mannix. Sacramento probably according to him.

Thanks for the updates!

NP. I'm just watching the special on csn and some good info and updates.  Just passing them along.

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 12:43:56 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Monte Ellis  not interested in playing in Boston according to Mannix. Sacramento probably according to him.

Phew...
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 12:44:49 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Aminu signed with the trailblazers.  Knicks and Monroe are meeting tonight.  Tobias Harris rumors are mounting that we got him.

What rumors?
Harris is restricted so even if we sign him to a max deal I'll just have to shrug my shoulders.  I can't imagine Orlando not matching... not in this culture where Aminu Al-Farouq gets 7.5 mil per season...
maybe it helps that (rumors) Tobias doesn't want to return to ORL or play for Scott Skiles

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2015/06/30/tobias-harris-prefers-not-to-play-for-scott-skiles/

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/615881537549168640

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 12:45:52 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I hope Danny is talking to Crowder.

I agree man, TP. Just keep Crowder and call it a day. Dude is literally "the beast," and that's probably our best FA signing. Disappointing, but not surprising, and gotta love that beast.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 12:45:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Aminu signed with the trailblazers.  Knicks and Monroe are meeting tonight.  Tobias Harris rumors are mounting that we got him.
Dude has anyone heard anything about Danny meeting with ANYONE??? What the heck?

Also... how is it possible that Aminu Al-Farouq could come to an agreement with a team 30 minutes after free agency begins.  That doesn't even seem humanly possible.  How do you decide to uproot your entire family in 30 minutes?
I feel like the Celtics in general are tight lipped. I feel like we didn't hear that Danny called IT after midnight until a couple weeks later.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 12:46:35 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
15 minutes left in the special. They are going to talk about who we are in play for next so should be some good updates.

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 12:47:57 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I heard Isaiah Thomas is now following Tobias Harris on twitter.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2015, 12:51:31 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I kind of agree with what they are saying that we aren't going to attract big time free agents and we just have to continue getting better so that we can start contending to where players want to come here.

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2015, 12:57:15 AM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Dude has anyone heard anything about Danny meeting with ANYONE??? What the heck?

Also... how is it possible that Aminu Al-Farouq could come to an agreement with a team 30 minutes after free agency begins.  That doesn't even seem humanly possible.  How do you decide to uproot your entire family in 30 minutes?
I feel like the Celtics in general are tight lipped. I feel like we didn't hear that Danny called IT after midnight until a couple weeks later.

I always have the feeling that 95% of what we read regarding the Celtics is crap...How many times has Danny pulled something off w/o much at all being known beforehand? I'm certain he's already spoken with many reps/players about playing for the C's. I'm just as certain that not many, if any, outside of the organization know who those calls were planned for.

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 12:58:23 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Interesting note that Davis got the "DRose" max contract. 145 million/5 year.

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Harris, Green, Lopez, Gerald Green, Amir Johnson is who they feel are good fits.

paul pierce not looking good.  Omer Asik if he lowers his asking price.  Tyson Chandler they think to the hawks.

Just speculation obviously but i have no reason to think they are wrong here. I kind of agree with their assessment.  Also monroe is probably going to still meet with us.  Aldridge they feel is a good fit in San Antonio. 

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2015, 01:02:45 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Celtics still awaiting word if they will get a meeting with Kevin Love.

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2015, 01:04:12 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
C's are targetting Green and Amir Johnson.

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

Did Ainge start binge drinking, or something?

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 01:08:59 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Did Ainge start binge drinking, or something?

I'm actually totally fine with that.  Just build our core and get good then  get a big time free agent. I dont think its happening this year.  But we improve and go deep in the playoffs then we make a splash.

Amir Johnson and Green would be good fits imo.