Author Topic: Kevin Love is expected to meet with the Lakers this week  (Read 3906 times)

Kevin Love is expected to meet with the Lakers this week
« on: June 30, 2015, 11:45:08 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Unrestricted free agent Kevin Love is expected to meet with the Lakers this week.

Chris  broussard

Re: Kevin Love is expected to meet with the Lakers this week
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 11:52:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
of course

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:52:51 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
And according to Woj on twitter, Celtics haven't even been informed if they are getting a meeting with him or not... which means it probably wasn't in his plans... what an embarrassing offseason, its like all the top players came together and agreed to spite us.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 11:59:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
And according to Woj on twitter, Celtics haven't even been informed if they are getting a meeting with him or not... which means it probably wasn't in his plans... what an embarrassing offseason, its like all the top players came together and agreed to spite us.
You know... in the last couple days, it's starting to definitely look like an embarrassing offseason given how dire our circumstances are right now.  Boatloads of garbage picks and mediocre talent.  Cap space that nobody wants to use.   A wasted opportunity to land a top pick in the draft this year.  Yes... this isn't how things were supposed to work out. 

But I'm going to hold out hope that Danny will pull something off.  He's a fantastic GM.  One of the best in the league.   I keep telling myself that, anyways.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 12:05:03 AM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Why wouldn't he be interested in the Lakers:

Kobe, Love, potentially Aldridge, Randle and Russell and no more snow in the winter, nice ocean air, pretty women. Or he could stay in Cleveland and continue to be a good distraction to open more space for Lebron and enjoy the scenery.

I still don't think that team gets by Golden State but they definitely could compete with them with some good supporting cast additions(Bass?)

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 12:07:26 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
From Woj: The Boston Celtics are still awaiting word on whether they'll get a meeting with Cleveland free agent Kevin Love, league source tells Yahoo.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 12:10:04 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
From Woj: The Boston Celtics are still awaiting word on whether they'll get a meeting with Cleveland free agent Kevin Love, league source tells Yahoo.
Classic Laker move by K-Love.  It's in his blood.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 12:15:14 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Just because he's meeting Lakers doesn't mean he's not going to meet the Celtics.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 08:32:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Love was never going to come to Boston.  He was always going to stay in Cleveland or go to LA where he lives in the off season.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 08:34:30 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

You know... in the last couple days, it's starting to definitely look like an embarrassing offseason given how dire our circumstances are right now. 

.... why?  because you're impatient?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 08:53:46 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Kobe, Love, potentially Aldridge, Randle and Russell and no more snow in the winter, nice ocean air, pretty women. Or he could stay in Cleveland and continue to be a good distraction to open more space for Lebron and enjoy the scenery.

I still don't think that team gets by Golden State but they definitely could compete with them with some good supporting cast additions(Bass?)

You forgot to mention running out of water in the first stage of what NASA predicts will be a 30 year drought = soon to be a dessert with no hope in sight, using their ground water at a MUCH faster rate than it is replenishing.

Sorry just needed to rant on that lol.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
That sound is the collective crying of all the Green Teamers on this board. I mean its on you if you believe Kevin Love was actually going to hear out the Celtics. I mean sure it seemed like a possible destination compared to the scorched earth in Minnesota. I hate to be a broken record but I shall continue until everyone embraces the correct point of view here. Free agency will never be the answer for an organization like the Celtics. Boston will never be a destination city. Tanking is only solution.

It's not gonna happen, and it's not the "correct point of view", it's your opinion. You should probably just go and save yourself some trouble.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 09:05:26 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

1. He would hate playing with Kobe;

2. The Lakers can't afford both he and another max free agent;

3. He's going back to Cleveland.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 09:25:18 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Sometimes I wonder how the fan base would have react if Danny would have sign PP the same way Kupchak signed Kobe. 25mil and limiting flexibility right now to sign 2 agents.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
4.   LA is his home, he lives there in the offseason.