Author Topic: What possible motivation could Dallas have to work a sign and trade with LAC  (Read 650 times)

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
If I'm Dallas, I not only want to steal Jordan, but I want to leave the Clippers up a creek without a starting caliber center. Chandler's not going there for the midlevel, and they would be unable to sign him for anything more.

This might strand the Clippers with Ed Davis or Biyumbo at the mid-level. With Paul, those centers might be solid, but they are no Jordan.

Not only does this make them a top western team, but it also lowers one of the top western teams.

I don't think the Clippers can offer anything that is worth the value of taking one of the teams out of contention. CJ Wilcox? No thanks. Future late first round picks? The Mavs don't like building through the draft.

Maybe Jamal Crawford or JJ Reddick, if they want them, but I would rather force the Clippers into a worse player.

Loyalty to Chandler, you say? I would say, "Do you want to go to the Lakers instead? How about an Eastern conference contender? We will work a sign-and-trade with anyone not in the top 5 of the Western conference. No Spurs, no Thunder, no Clippers, No Rockets, No Warriors."

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The motivation would be to force the Clippers to take back Raymond Felton's contract, giving Dallas more cap space.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Their motivation is to do Chandler a solid after he helped them win a title a couple years ago. Stuff like this goes along way with agents.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Getting something in return for Chandler would be the motivation.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague