Author Topic: Woj: Lakers going after Aldridge and Jordan  (Read 16698 times)

Re: Woj: Lakers going after Aldridge and Jordan
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2015, 06:37:36 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I love this part:

As @Mike_Bresnahan says, Aldridge felt too much of Lakers presentation focused on outside opportunities; wanted clearer, better b-ball focus

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 1, 2015

;D

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2015, 06:37:52 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
I'm so glad that the Celtics are not the Lakers.

Indeed! Have a new found respect for LMA, too. Wanted to talk about basketball, not branding.

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2015, 06:40:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA
Lakers didn't make strong impression in Aldridge meeting, sources say. Spurs can close on him. LMA expected to make decision fairly soon.

But I thought L.A always gets the best free agents!
of course they do!! they have fame, and night life, and weather!! just look how it kept dwight howard there! oh wait...
you are just a stupid idiot. LA never even wanted Aldridge. They intentionally blew the meeting.
my, my personal insults are in vogue today are they? 

by the way, i am not sure i can see the logic of LA bringing in aldridge just so they can insult him by blowing off the meeting. what do they gain?

oh, and turn your humor-meter on, it would be helpful.
my post was an attempt at humor as ive found often when a player the Lakers have targeted goes elsewhere they immediately pretend that they never even wanted that player in the first place.

"stupid idiot" was meant as a joke, not an insult.

apologies for the confusion.
no problem. thanks for explaining, i appreciate that....and a tp of course.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Wasn't everyone saying that the Lakers would fare better in free agency than the Celtics?

They should be but they have wishy washy ownership now and that Kobe fella seems to be more of a hindrance than anything. This will make two straight years they've struck out on top free agents. They'll be better off once he retires in terms of attracting talent.

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2015, 07:00:17 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I love this part:

As @Mike_Bresnahan says, Aldridge felt too much of Lakers presentation focused on outside opportunities; wanted clearer, better b-ball focus

;D

What would they say about basketball?

"Well, we got one guy who basically missed his whole rookie year, another guy who's a league-wide punchline, a 2nd round pick who played well while we sucked last season, one more year of Kobe being an enormous pain to deal with and a 19-year-old rookie who some aren't sure has the athleticism to excel in the NBA."

What's not to love about that pitch?

I've seen speculation that LA drafted Russell over Okafor because they expected to grab an elite big n free agency.  Genius.

Mike

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I love this part:

;D

What would they say about basketball?

"Well, we got one guy who basically missed his whole rookie year, another guy who's a league-wide punchline, a 2nd round pick who played well while we sucked last season, one more year of Kobe being an enormous pain to deal with and a 19-year-old rookie who some aren't sure has the athleticism to excel in the NBA."

What's not to love about that pitch?

I've seen speculation that LA drafted Russell over Okafor because they expected to grab an elite in free agency.  Genius.

Mike

That says something about their faith in Clarkson too.

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2015, 12:15:44 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Lakers were "somewhat underwhelming" in presentation with DeAndre Jordan, sources. DJ felt Lakers had been on "whirlwind" last 24 hours.

Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Lakers had GM Mitch Kupchak, Coach Byron Scott at meeding. No Kobe Bryant, and no one from Buss family was there, per source.

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisNBA
Lakers made a mistake in having a party for LaMarcus Aldridge's pitch meeting, then just a couple FO members for Monroe/DJ. Insulting.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:22:15 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2015, 07:24:25 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Lakers were "somewhat underwhelming" in presentation with DeAndre Jordan, sources. DJ felt Lakers had been on "whirlwind" last 24 hours.

Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Lakers had GM Mitch Kupchak, Coach Byron Scott at meeding. No Kobe Bryant, and no one from Buss family was there, per source.

Lakers made a mistake in having a party for LaMarcus Aldridge's pitch meeting, then just a couple FO members for Monroe/DJ. Insulting.

That was really stupid by LAL.

They really have to sort out their front office. This stuff wouldn't have happened if Jerry Buss was still alive and running things. I think it was really under-stated just how important Jerry Buss was to that Lakers organization.

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2015, 07:38:20 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Brad Turner @BA_Turner

Brad Turner @BA_Turner

That was really stupid by LAL.

They really have to sort out their front office. This stuff wouldn't have happened if Jerry Buss was still alive and running things. I think it was really under-stated just how important Jerry Buss was to that Lakers organization.

Totally agree.   Buss was very dynamic person .  His children turn people off and are gaining a poor reputation in sports business.

Mitch is over rated .

Lakers are in  misery ...knowing their hero Jackson is in NY ...no DR Buss or Phil ,  old Kobe sucking the cap away...hee hee hee  :D

And now they took the wrong guy in the draft IMO ......skipping OaK was a huge blunder.

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2015, 07:42:34 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I love this part:

;D

Amen ....THAnK YOU LA .......finally some common sense .......why I hate CP3 , and that bunch

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2015, 07:46:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This stuff wouldn't have happened if Jerry Buss was still alive and running things. I think it was really under-stated just how important Jerry Buss was to that Lakers organization.

Absolutely.  A lot of people say the attraction in LA is Hollywood and the weather, but it goes way beyond that.  Jerry Buss was brilliant, and his offspring are buffoons.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2015, 08:20:48 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Lakers aren't tanking ...on purpose ...dey just suck ......I mean awful

Predictions,

Kobe is so old ...he'll play too hard ...trying to be Alpha dog of old ......get hurt yet again within first 25 games ...he'll be out.

Laker really are a BAD team , no coach ,poor run FO .

And NO first round picks for TWO years .

Tons of cap space ......and no one to spend it on...... ;D

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2015, 08:36:11 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
If someone could just keep bumping this thread for me every couple of hours, that'd be great right now. The only way the false sense of accomplishment and hope that the Cs used to fill me with can be satisfied is by being reminded that the Lakers offseason plans turned to ashes in their mouths on a much more dramatic and hilarious scale.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2015, 08:39:45 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I love this part:

;D

Amen ....THAnK YOU LA .......finally some common sense .......why I hate CP3 , and that bunch

CP3 doesn't play for the Lakers  ???

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2015, 08:57:34 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
The Celtics are in such a better position that the Lakers are. You have to give Danny credit for the amount of draft picks and assets he has.  The Lakers have crap.