Author Topic: What would make you feel Danny ought to be fired?  (Read 5304 times)

Re: What would make you feel Danny ought to be fired?
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2015, 06:54:50 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
If we don't make some major signings this summer, we're in really rough shape heading forward.  I'd rather not even think about that right now.  That's depressing.

I don't want us overpaying for someone or making a move just to make a move.

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Fire him now....M.L. Carr needs a job.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2015, 07:05:58 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
If we don't make some major signings this summer, we're in really rough shape heading forward.  I'd rather not even think about that right now.  That's depressing.

amen.....................

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I'd probably say if we realize his assets aren't valuable and his draft picks don't pan out because he didn't tank. But who knows, we have a long way to go before Ainge is on the hot seat.

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2015, 09:53:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Trading 6 picks to move up in to the top 10, then taking Kaminsky.

That wouldn't quite get me to the point of wanting to fire him, but it would have him skating on very thin ice.

Thankfully he didn't do that, so all good!!

Other things that have me right there:

1) Signing Tobias Harris to a 4 year max contract

2) Committing to Sully with a max (or near max) extension at the end of the year, and trading Olynyk

3) Having a chance to get Greg Monroe and declining due to the belief he's not worth a max ($16.75/year for his experience) contract

4) Signing Enes Kanter (worst defensive big man in the entire NBA) to a max or near max deal

All of the above would have me pretty steamed up and would make me seriously want to stop watching the Celtics.  I still WOULD watch them, but wouldn't be happy about it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:58:27 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2015, 10:02:53 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
If he sodomizes Brad Stevens I think he might need to go...

Is that supposed to be funny?
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2015, 10:13:40 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Trading 6 picks to move up in to the top 10, then taking Kaminsky.

That wouldn't quite get me to the point of wanting to fire him, but it would have him skating on very thin ice.

Thankfully he didn't do that, so all good!!

Other things that have me right there:

1) Signing Tobias Harris to a 4 year max contract

2) Committing to Sully with a max (or near max) extension at the end of the year, and trading Olynyk

3) Having a chance to get Greg Monroe and declining due to the belief he's not worth a max ($16.75/year for his experience) contract

4) Signing Enes Kanter (worst defensive big man in the entire NBA) to a max or near max deal

All of the above would have me pretty steamed up and would make me seriously want to stop watching the Celtics.  I still WOULD watch them, but wouldn't be happy about it.
I agree with everything except the Harris signing.  I'd like to get Harris even at MAX.  Trading up to take KO instead of the Greek Freak is at the top of my worst Ainge moves.  Trading up for Kaminsky would have definitely topped it. 

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »

Offline sadleprechaun

• NCE
  • The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Danny should be fired if he signs Adam McQuaid to a 4-year deal.

I trust Danny, and I feel very good about where we're headed.  Patience!

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Don't see the effective result of Ainge being fired. He is a top to bottom Celtics guy. Won a title by trading Al and Jeff. OKC drafted better but....no title, just the San Diego Chargers.

Seems like a short resume except for the last item..".trained by the greatest professional sports executive of all time."...you got a guy to take his place? Fire Ainge.

Just don't see who you replace him with. Red told him to build defensive teams around a HOF big man and Ainge did just that....got a title.

In conclusion, after getting "fired" how long does Danny sit on the beach? Two seconds or three...you got your choice.