Author Topic: C's interested in Enes Kanter  (Read 20308 times)

Re: C's interested in Enes Kanter
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2015, 12:21:32 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
No thanks.  Overpaying for crap because you can't bring in actual talent is not how to build a successful basketball team.

Kanter is FAR from crap and we'd be lucky to have him.

Averaged 16 points and 9 rbs per game last season.

If that's considered crap to you, then I'll take it any day of week.

Offensive stats aren't the tell-all of a player.  You could shoot a squirrel and lay it underneath the basket.  That deceased squirrel would play better defense than Kanter.

That was hilarious!

I'd love to hear you give me the name of a center that fits your expectations

The dead squirrel, obviously...and have to say I would tend to agree hahahahahaha

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2015, 01:36:30 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Celtics do have an excellent perimeter defense. That got them a 12th ranked defense despite having little to no interior defense. That is defensive help + team culture.

Is that enough? Or does it have to be a defensive big man alongside Kanter?

Nice analysis, meanwhile we have Kanter eating interior defenses alive. The nice thing about how Kanter scores is that he makes quick descisions with the ball which can can be hard to come by in a post player.

Monroe can do it, but players like Big Al and Demarcus Cousins like to methodically probe the defense. Not that that kind of approach can't work, but it does slow the pace. Kanter proved that he could produce without disrupting OKC's pace.

The only way I see them letting him go is if we price them out and convince them to agree to a sign and trade for either Sully or KO + a pick.

Edit: In theory a pretty great fit next to Amir Johnson too,
really? he scored a career high 15.5 points a game last season. nice, but to me that sounds more as if he were chewing on comatose defenses instead of eating them alive.  ;D

Oh, no question he feasted on some soft front lines but for what it's worth he did drop 24 Pts, 17 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk(In a loss) against a full strength Memphis front line and that front line seems alive and well!

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2015, 01:40:38 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
No thanks.  Overpaying for crap because you can't bring in actual talent is not how to build a successful basketball team.

Kanter is FAR from crap and we'd be lucky to have him.

Averaged 16 points and 9 rbs per game last season.

If that's considered crap to you, then I'll take it any day of week.

Offensive stats aren't the tell-all of a player.  You could shoot a squirrel and lay it underneath the basket.  That deceased squirrel would play better defense than Kanter.

And it's smell would be very offensive.  A two way player under 6ft tall? Sign him danny!

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2015, 01:46:59 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Celtics do have an excellent perimeter defense. That got them a 12th ranked defense despite having little to no interior defense. That is defensive help + team culture.

Nice analysis, meanwhile we have Kanter eating interior defenses alive. The nice thing about how Kanter scores is that he makes quick descisions with the ball which can can be hard to come by in a post player.

Monroe can do it, but players like Big Al and Demarcus Cousins like to methodically probe the defense. Not that that kind of approach can't work, but it does slow the pace. Kanter proved that he could produce without disrupting OKC's pace.

The only way I see them letting him go is if we price them out and convince them to agree to a sign and trade for either Sully or KO + a pick.

really? he scored a career high 15.5 points a game last season. nice, but to me that sounds more as if he were chewing on comatose defenses instead of eating them alive.  ;D

Oh, no question he feasted on some soft front lines but for what it's worth he did drop 24 Pts, 17 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk(In a loss) against a full strength Memphis front line and that front line seems alive and well!

You guy know that Jeff Green scored 30+ three times in 2013/14?

Avery Bradley did it twice this year.

Evan turner did it once, and he even had 3 triple doubles - that was good for 3rd in the league below Westbrook and Harden (yep, above Lebron!). 

Those guys need max contracts NOW!!!

:P  ;D

Haha just teasing but honestly, there's more to basketball than scoring.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:56:22 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2015, 02:08:26 AM »

Offline anewframe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Surely these rumors cannot be true. He is the opposite of a Brad Stevens guy.

What the hell is a definition of a Brad Stevens?

Is this now the criteria of how good a player is?

Whether or not he'll be a Brad Stevens guy?

Oy vey!!!

It is just my opinion but a Brad Stevens guy seems to be someone who plays with maximum effort, puts TEAM first and enhances the locker room chemistry. Enes Kanter by all reports does not fit this category. Did you see the scathing reports from ex teammates in Utah?

Check this article:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2343723-155/jazz-say-enes-kanters-remarks-motivated

Also Kanter has not really shown a willingness to put in effort on the defense end. Brad Stevens has rewarded guys who play defense well but also those who put in effort.

See, I read that whole thing as Enes trying to prove to the Thunder that he was on their team now and he belongs there.  It's funny but I had the exact opposite impression as you.  Anyways, I really like his offensive game and I think he's still young enough to get coached on the defensive end.  Scott Brooks and Tyrone Corbin are both awful coaches and I think Enes could really blossom under Stevens' leadership.

Fair call. I can definitely respect that point of view. I do think Brad Stevens could develop him. I was a little shocked at some of the things that the Jazz players said about him being potentially self centered, "He got his stats ... and as always, he got the L, too" (Trevor Booker).  I guess Brad Stevens may have had the inside word either way on what he was like from Gordon Hayward anyway.

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2015, 04:05:10 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

You guy know that Jeff Green scored 30+ three times in 2013/14?

Avery Bradley did it twice this year.

Evan turner did it once, and he even had 3 triple doubles - that was good for 3rd in the league below Westbrook and Harden (yep, above Lebron!). 

Those guys need max contracts NOW!!!

:P  ;D

Haha just teasing but honestly, there's more to basketball than scoring.

Well I feel like we have a roster of more than just scoring guys. I want a guy that can just come in and work off Isiah to put the ball in the net.

Amir, Jonas and KO can cover the more than just scoring burden I'd be fine putting Kanter out there and saying go get yours, the rest of the team will fall in around you.

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2015, 06:34:29 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Very true. That would be a good big man combination. I like that.

I hadn't thought of that. Amir joining the Celtics makes this work a lot better than before.

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2015, 07:07:35 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Dude is pretty well built. Can he learn to play defense?
He does look pretty goofy, and since our team is joke now, we should get as many goofy players as we can, despite glaring weaknesses, such as defense.

Sorry, the Amir mess still has me ready to call for ownership's head on a platter.

Kanter actually would probably help us, maybe even in the long term, and he does have a legit frame for a big guy. How is his health? I see that he just had a knee surgery, but the report says he will be healthy enough to play in some euro league for turkey in September, so it can't be that bad.

He's a restricted free agent. Fans- how do you propose that we get him?

Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2015, 07:10:27 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Ainge is saving our cap room for signing durrant next year ;)  :P

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2015, 11:16:52 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Absolutely not.

All you hear is that the guy is solid on offense, and inept on defense.  And the numbers kind of show that when he got traded to the Thunder...they became a really subpar defensive team once they traded for him.

Plus, his former teammates didn't have many good things to say about him when he left Utah, saying that he was the type of player that cared a little too much about getting his own points then actually caring about winning.

Is there a link to support this or is this a Celtics Blog fairy tale?