Author Topic: Guess this incredible comparison to Rozier  (Read 7583 times)

Re: Guess this incredible comparison to Rozier
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2015, 07:29:54 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Damian Lillard.

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2015, 09:24:01 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Height w/o Shoes   Height w/shoes   Weight   Wingspan   Standing Reach   Body Fat   No Step Vert   Max Vert
2015   NBA Draft Combine   6' 0.75"   6' 2.25"   190   6' 8.25"   8' 2.5"   5.6   33.0   38.0

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3eWem9lJk
http://www.draftexpress.com

This is Terry Roziers numbers

Russell Westbrook is listed as 6'-2.25" without shoes and 6'-3.5" with shoes based on draft express measurements.

Rozier is 1.5" shorter without shoes and 1.25" shorter with shoes (apparently Rozier wears taller shoes).  I think it is still a fair comparable but a bit misleading as presented.  Rozier does have 0.5" on Westbrook with wingspan but Westbrook has +1.5" on standing reach.

I believe that Rozier has plenty of measurements to play in the NBA but he is not as long as Westbrook according to the measurements and Westbrook is a tick quicker.

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Dan dickau

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 09:42:47 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
hes for sure a big guard his handles are what i am scared about..we don't need another bradley :'( :'(

Well he's pg height, also you have nothing to worry about Rozier has really good ball handling ability.  I'd say he is probably the best on the team.  Which is great because Evan Turner at the Point Guard position is embarrassing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:12:45 AM by GzUP617 »

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 09:58:26 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Dennis Shroeder?

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 09:58:58 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Tony Allen? Sebastian Telfair? Jameer Nelson?

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 10:11:06 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Derrick Rose or Jeff Teague. I see a lot of both of them in Rozier's game.

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 10:46:42 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Yeah, I can see Rozier as a very poor man's Westbrook. Athletic score-first combo guard with a questionable jumpshot and tenacious D. It's a well-established superstar mold, Wade and Rose are also similar, then you have guys like Eric Bledsoe in the same mold but less dominant. Rozier, athletic as he is, doesn't have superhuman explosiveness and he's considerably smaller than all these guys. He also currently lacks their feel for the game, handles, passing ability, and finishing ability, so it's not really a comparison. I'd say that Rozier's absolute best case outcome is approximately Bledsoe if he gets better at everything.

I absolutely hate the Rajon Rondo comparison for Rozier, I just don't get it. Rondo's #1 strength--passing ability and floor vision-- is Rozier's #1 weakness.

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 11:13:32 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Yeah, I can see Rozier as a very poor man's Westbrook. Athletic score-first combo guard with a questionable jumpshot and tenacious D. It's a well-established superstar mold, Wade and Rose are also similar, then you have guys like Eric Bledsoe in the same mold but less dominant. Rozier, athletic as he is, doesn't have superhuman explosiveness and he's considerably smaller than all these guys. He also currently lacks their feel for the game, handles, passing ability, and finishing ability, so it's not really a comparison. I'd say that Rozier's absolute best case outcome is approximately Bledsoe if he gets better at everything.

I absolutely hate the Rajon Rondo comparison for Rozier, I just don't get it. Rondo's #1 strength--passing ability and floor vision-- is Rozier's #1 weakness.

Good points.

I would take 90% of Bledsoe and be happy.

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Westbrook
Wade
Oladipo
Bledsoe
Reggie Jackson

there are so many players having success in the NBA built in a similar mold
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
How about this scouting report from another combo-type PG as a comparison?

Strengths: Defensively he has NBA skills as he is blessed with quick hands and solid lateral quickness ... Has a unique NBA ready body that is both strong and sturdy ... Can seemingly drive to the lane at will thanks to his great hesitation crossover move that gives him good separation from his defender... Once in the lane he has the uncanny ability to hang in the air and wait for the defense to commit before making his move ... Excellent rebounder for his size ... After he gets the ball he really looks to initiate the fast break ... Once he penetrates into the lane he is a hard player to stop as he is able to rely on his biggest asset which is the drive and dish ... Has developed solid leadership skills often he is a steady influence over his teammates ...Thanks to his wonderful court vision and creativity he has the ability to make difficult passes with pinpoint precision ...

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
How about this scouting report from another combo-type PG as a comparison?

Strengths: Defensively he has NBA skills as he is blessed with quick hands and solid lateral quickness ... Has a unique NBA ready body that is both strong and sturdy ... Can seemingly drive to the lane at will thanks to his great hesitation crossover move that gives him good separation from his defender... Once in the lane he has the uncanny ability to hang in the air and wait for the defense to commit before making his move ... Excellent rebounder for his size ... After he gets the ball he really looks to initiate the fast break ... Once he penetrates into the lane he is a hard player to stop as he is able to rely on his biggest asset which is the drive and dish ... Has developed solid leadership skills often he is a steady influence over his teammates ...Thanks to his wonderful court vision and creativity he has the ability to make difficult passes with pinpoint precision ...
That sounds like a rondo scouting report. I don't think Rozier is credited with being a very good passer at Louisville.

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Fat Lever.

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2015, 11:42:38 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Fat Lever.

That cat was goooood!

One of my favorites!!

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2015, 11:43:55 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Westbrook
Wade
Oladipo
Bledsoe
Reggie Jackson

there are so many players having success in the NBA built in a similar mold

let's hope his ceiling is like a Westbrook, Wade and his floor is Reggie Jackson

just want to be optimistic  ;D