Author Topic: How would you rank: Celtics, Bucks, Pelicans  (Read 1810 times)

How would you rank: Celtics, Bucks, Pelicans
« on: June 30, 2015, 01:14:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Comparisons between these teams last season?

This upcoming season (post draft but pre FA period)?

2015 draft
Pelicans - had no picks
Bucks - Rashad Vaughn (17th)
Celtics - Rozier, Hunter, Mickey, Thornton

Re: How would you rank: Celtics, Bucks, Pelicans
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 01:22:37 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
As of right now?

Pelicans can be a 50+ win team next year.  Davis is a beast.  If Jrue HOliday is healthy, it makes a difference.

If Bucks keep Middleton and get a healthy Jabari Parker back, they could be a solid 45+ win team

This Boston team is about even with what it was last year... so 30-40 wins.

Our rookies aren't going to make a difference.  Need to make a splash in free agency or we'll probably be in the lotto next year.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:32:55 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Last season: Pelicans
Bucks
C's

This year: Bucks
Pelicans
C's

All will make the playoffs this year.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:34:57 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
As of right now?

Pelicans can be a 50+ win team next year.  Davis is a beast.  If Jrue HOliday is healthy, it makes a difference.

If Bucks keep Middleton and get a healthy Jabari Parker back, they could be a solid 45+ win team

Our rookies aren't going to make a difference.  Need to make a splash in free agency or we'll probably be in the lotto next year.

As of right now this is pretty accurate. Projections will be easier after FA.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 04:10:31 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
1. Pels.
2. Bucks.
3. Cs but pretty close to the Bucks

You cannot compete with having Davis. Not a bad supporting cast either. Should be a playoff team.

@Bucks - I like their core a lot, minus MCW. Still a good team and I expect us to compete for a playoff spot with them. 42 - 47 wins team. I put them above the Cs because i believe their top talent to be superior.

@Cs - a full season of IT and Crowder with Smart being more experienced will lead to a better record IMO. 42 - 47 wins team is realistic to me.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 04:35:32 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
1. Bucks
2. Pelicans
3. Celtics

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 05:04:26 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
As of right now?

Bet Danny wishes he took Giannis eh?

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 08:16:47 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
As of right now?

Bet Danny wishes he took Giannis eh?

Not really. That kid makes some absolutely beautiful plays on the court and I think he'll grow into a good player but people around here make it seem like he's some kind of a Anthony Davis level super-star in the making and that's just not true. There's a whole bunch of guys Id rather have going forward, I think Parker has a higher ceiling. KO isn't perfect, and he may always be a rotation player, but it wasn't like we picked Sam Bowie with Michael Jordan on the board.

I'm interested to see what happens in New Orleans. That team is an example of the difference good coaching makes. Gentry is a really good offensive mind but he's been a HC before with limited success. They should be a lock for the playoffs, even in the West. They have much more talent than we do, and they hardly made it over a horribly injured OKC team.

The Bucks have a bright future, but I wonder how much the MCW trade messed with their continuity. I think Kidd saw him as a young version of himself without realizing just how broken his jumper really is. The rumors of him being on the block at the draft backs this up, Brandon Knight was a much better fit for that group.

As for us, people make it seem like the sky is falling. We have one of the best GMs in the league, and Ainge is not going to let us sit in the 6-8th seed and tread water for a few years while never actually taking big steps. He'll blow it up and tank of that happens. Not this year obviously, but in the next couple years without significant progress he will.

But yet, one thing I don't understand around here is that this team was on a 56 win pace over the last third of the season once this roster came together. Obviously, they won't be able to keep that up over a full season and a lot of things factored into that run, but we finished one game out from .500 and finished the season on a tear. Where does this notion that all of a sudden were a 30 win team come from? That just seems awfully pessimistic. We could return this exact same group and just with internal improvements from Smart, Young, KO and a small but effective signing like Koufos and we could get close to 50 wins. I just don't see where this huge step back is coming from? Do you guys think Smart's gonna regress? Thomas will be less effective? We should expect no improvement from Olynyk, Zeller or any of our other young core guys? That doesn't make much sense.

Of course, LarBird is the guy who once said the Nets could easily be a 50 win team so, who knows? I would say if we literally return pretty much the same team, were anywhere in the 38-46 or 47 win range. 30 wins is certainly possible if everything goes wrong or there's a major shake up, but so is 50 of everything goes right. We have more ways to improve than any of those teams, and I trust Ainge (at least at this point) to do what's necessary for us to build a true contender. Idk of I can say the same about the brain trusts in Milwaukee and New Orleans.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
As of right now?

Hopefully Smart, James Young, and Rozier can come in and play. I think Sully and KO can start at the front court . Again you and I are discussing what direction this team will take. I say the safe and surest bet is to go player development and be in the lottery.
The Bucks and Pelicans have franchise players/ stars on their teams....we have nothing yet. Until we do we should be in the lotto/signing players with potential ala(for example) Bismac Biyombo(players that could add value significantly with playing time)/ and developing our young guys.

The Bucks, Sixers, T wolves, and Jazz are all going to be better and younger than us. If the goal is to win titles then we should do what it takes. And since we have a great front office I believe we will have greater success then the teams I listed....but hopefully some luck too.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 09:01:53 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Forgetting draft picks, is there a team that you could say that the Cs are definitely better than?

Definitely take the Pels first, Bucks second, Cs last by quite a bit. The Pelicans almost made the playoffs in the West last year and way more of those teams were trying.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 09:01:55 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
As of right now?

I think this could be accurate

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 10:04:51 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
1. Pelicans: Have a franchise player in Davis, and he's already someone people would want to play with. Management needs to tweak the roster a lot though in order to build around him.

2. Bucks: Between Parker and Giannis, they have a very good 1-2 punch with those two. Who knows how good they could be, but it seems like they have very high ceilings. Either of those guys could be All-Stars.

3. Celtics: We really don't know what we have in Marcus Smart or Young yet. We're clearly in third.

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 10:07:02 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
1. Pelicans
2. Bucks
3. Celtics

Anthony Davis pretty much trumps all at this point.  Too bad they don't play in the east.  Bucks are more top heavy in talent than the Celtics at the moment.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 10:07:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pelicans
Bucks
Celts

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes