Author Topic: Basketball Junkies Terry Rozier  (Read 4927 times)

Basketball Junkies Terry Rozier
« on: June 30, 2015, 12:12:45 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

https://youtu.be/KBOCo_uCV0E

Good game against UNC Rozier goes for 25 pts 5 rbs 5 asst 3 stls He is super quick and fast has a gear that Smart does not.

Re: Basketball Junkies Terry Rozier
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:20:12 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
https://youtu.be/FBCY1ZIgOJc

And this is the tournament game to advance to the sweet 16. Talk about small ball, their whole team was basically Harrell 16 ppg , and then all guards Rozier 17 ppg, Jones 14 ppg, and Blackshear 11 ppg. Two 6 foot guys and another 6'4" guard
 Once Jones got kicked off the team they asked Rozier to score all the time. Fun player to watch much more fun than watching Hunter. Rozier is so energetic and he plays the whole game practically. He's in amazing shape.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:38:13 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Heres one of him before the draft. Watch: He is literally so quick and crazy at creating space, that he is quicker than the ball. Like he gets to his place before the dribble can lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozW79JcWbOo

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 12:57:45 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I'm curious to know who he destroyed in pre draft workouts.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 01:38:59 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

None of the big time prospects wanted any part of him. Too risky.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 01:46:34 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

None of the big time prospects wanted any part of him. Too risky.

Is that a fact or speculation? Speaks volumes for Terry if true.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 01:52:41 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3JVcdEjkCNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smart, for comparison... also showed out. I do like his potential.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 02:21:02 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Alex Kennedy
Alex Kennedy ? Verified account ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

Many of the top point guard prospects in the draft refused to work out against Terry Rozier, which is partially why he didn't get more hype.
6:27 PM - 25 Jun 2015
154 RETWEETS110 FAVORITES

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 02:30:45 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/162730/harrison-and-rozier-among-prospects-who-will-workout-for-boston.html

June 2, the Celtics will be conducting pre-draft workouts with Andrew Harrison (PG, Kentucky), Terry Rozier (G, Louisville), Olivier Hanlan (G, Boston College), Josh Richardson (G, Tennessee) and Corey Walden (G, Eastern Kentucky).

BOSTON – The following players will work out for the Boston Celtics today:

Andrew Harrison, Kentucky
Summary: Has good size (6-5, 6-9 wingspan); big shot maker; can defend both guard positions.

Olivier Hanlan, Boston College
Summary: Good in pick-and-rolls; plays both guard positions; solid perimeter shooter.

Terry Rozier, Louisville
Summary: Point guard with above-average athleticism; good scorer; 6-6 wing span allows him to get his hands on a lot of balls via deflections and steals.

Josh Richardson, Tennessee
Summary: Good scorer; has quick first step off the dribble; Has great size (6-6) and length (6-10 wing span) and played both guard positions this past season.

Corey Walden, Eastern Kentucky
Summary: Good instincts defensively; led nation in steals; this will be his second workout for the Celtics.
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/celtics-work-out-andrew-harrison-hanlan-rozier

http://www.nba.com/celtics/celtics/news/sidebar/draft-060215-draft-workout-Andrew-Harrison-Terry-Rozier-Headline-Group-of-Guards

Harrison and Rozier headlined a crew of five guards at a Boston Celtics draft workout. They have seemingly put their collegiate rivalry aside and embraced each other’s presence in the competition field.

“We don’t really look at it as (a rivalry) no more,” insisted Harrison. “We’re both just two kids trying to chase a dream. Two talented players, two fearless guys that will work out against anybody, and we’re just enjoying the process.”

It’s nothing new for the pair, as they have already attended multiple workouts together.

Rozier reiterated, “We don’t really get caught up in that Louisville/Kentucky thing. [Harrison] is a great guy. We talk about a lot of stuff when we’re not playing, and when we’re playing, it’s great competition. [We’re] two guards that just want to get after each other so it’s a lot of fun.”

The set of guards bring a lot of energy to the game and have a knack to make things happen. They do, however, have a few aspects of their game that need to be improved upon if they hope to succeed at the next level.

Harrison aims to address his shooting issues. He shot just .378 from the field as a sophomore last season, and .367 as a freshman.

“A lot of the point guards in the league now are shoot-first point guards,” said Harrison, who averaged 9.3 points and 3.6 assists per game last season. “Of course you’ve gotta make the open shots, so that’s what I’ve been working on; just being consistent on my NBA 3.

Rozier hopes to improve his consistency. He’s the type of player who may shoot 10-of-16 one night, then shoot 3-of-15 the next night.

He says he needs to “be a knockdown shooter, make open shots. That’s the difference from the college to the NBA level. They hit their open shots on a consistent basis… I’m working on it.”

But it’s their positives that have gotten them to this point.

While Rozier may not be consistent percentage-wise, he is still a consistent scorer. He averaged 17.1 points per game last season and had 33 double-digit scoring efforts during the 36 games in which he played.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Thanks Rida TP for you.

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/162730/harrison-and-rozier-among-prospects-who-will-workout-for-boston.html

June 2, the Celtics will be conducting pre-draft workouts with Andrew Harrison (PG, Kentucky), Terry Rozier (G, Louisville), Olivier Hanlan (G, Boston College), Josh Richardson (G, Tennessee) and Corey Walden (G, Eastern Kentucky).

BOSTON – The following players will work out for the Boston Celtics today:

Andrew Harrison, Kentucky
Summary: Has good size (6-5, 6-9 wingspan); big shot maker; can defend both guard positions.

Olivier Hanlan, Boston College
Summary: Good in pick-and-rolls; plays both guard positions; solid perimeter shooter.

Terry Rozier, Louisville
Summary: Point guard with above-average athleticism; good scorer; 6-6 wing span allows him to get his hands on a lot of balls via deflections and steals.

Josh Richardson, Tennessee
Summary: Good scorer; has quick first step off the dribble; Has great size (6-6) and length (6-10 wing span) and played both guard positions this past season.

Corey Walden, Eastern Kentucky
Summary: Good instincts defensively; led nation in steals; this will be his second workout for the Celtics.
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/celtics-work-out-andrew-harrison-hanlan-rozier

http://www.nba.com/celtics/celtics/news/sidebar/draft-060215-draft-workout-Andrew-Harrison-Terry-Rozier-Headline-Group-of-Guards

Harrison and Rozier headlined a crew of five guards at a Boston Celtics draft workout. They have seemingly put their collegiate rivalry aside and embraced each other’s presence in the competition field.

“We don’t really look at it as (a rivalry) no more,” insisted Harrison. “We’re both just two kids trying to chase a dream. Two talented players, two fearless guys that will work out against anybody, and we’re just enjoying the process.”

It’s nothing new for the pair, as they have already attended multiple workouts together.

Rozier reiterated, “We don’t really get caught up in that Louisville/Kentucky thing. [Harrison] is a great guy. We talk about a lot of stuff when we’re not playing, and when we’re playing, it’s great competition. [We’re] two guards that just want to get after each other so it’s a lot of fun.”

The set of guards bring a lot of energy to the game and have a knack to make things happen. They do, however, have a few aspects of their game that need to be improved upon if they hope to succeed at the next level.

Harrison aims to address his shooting issues. He shot just .378 from the field as a sophomore last season, and .367 as a freshman.

“A lot of the point guards in the league now are shoot-first point guards,” said Harrison, who averaged 9.3 points and 3.6 assists per game last season. “Of course you’ve gotta make the open shots, so that’s what I’ve been working on; just being consistent on my NBA 3.

Rozier hopes to improve his consistency. He’s the type of player who may shoot 10-of-16 one night, then shoot 3-of-15 the next night.

He says he needs to “be a knockdown shooter, make open shots. That’s the difference from the college to the NBA level. They hit their open shots on a consistent basis… I’m working on it.”

But it’s their positives that have gotten them to this point.

While Rozier may not be consistent percentage-wise, he is still a consistent scorer. He averaged 17.1 points per game last season and had 33 double-digit scoring efforts during the 36 games in which he played.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 01:01:18 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yeah I'm not sure if it happened in our workout (must've been an earlier one) but talk was that he was outplaying other prospects and raising up boards.  Apparently Cavs and other teams after us were going to take him because he turned their heads in workouts too.

For a lot of these prospects, there's nothing to gain from competing against other players, especially a defensive and effort guy like Rozier.  Just like how Smart was outplaying some NBA players last summer for USA basketball in practices.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i just read this over on SoSH. interesting stuff and it makes ainge's choices look very different.
http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/2015/04/17/final-2015-cpr-ratings/

Rozier wasn't evaluated poorly by all of the analytic models. New Hampshire Math Professor Steven Shea's CPR rating had Rozier as the thirteenth best prospect. That in and of itself is not necessarily that interesting, any NBA worthy prospect can come out as well rated in one public draft model given how many there are now.

But, it does get more interesting for two reasons. First, Shea's model rated all of the Celtics' first three picks well; rating R.J. Hunter as 11th and Jordan Mickey as 14th overall. Second, Shea's methodology focuses on the ten max performances by a prospect using game log data, then adjusted for class, suggesting those max performances may be more indicative than average performance of potential. What makes that interesting is that the Celtic's Director of Analytics, David Sparks, developed a game log metric back when he was a writer for Hardwood Paroxysm, so there's reason to believe the Celtics might be looking more at peak game performance as part of their analytic evaluation. I think there are pluses and minuses to that approach, especially if only a subset of games is used, however, I feel more confident in the Celtics selections thinking there was more than Danny's gut involved in the process.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
i just read this over on SoSH. interesting stuff and it makes ainge's choices look very different.

Rozier wasn't evaluated poorly by all of the analytic models. New Hampshire Math Professor Steven Shea's CPR rating had Rozier as the thirteenth best prospect. That in and of itself is not necessarily that interesting, any NBA worthy prospect can come out as well rated in one public draft model given how many there are now.

But, it does get more interesting for two reasons. First, Shea's model rated all of the Celtics' first three picks well; rating R.J. Hunter as 11th and Jordan Mickey as 14th overall. Second, Shea's methodology focuses on the ten max performances by a prospect using game log data, then adjusted for class, suggesting those max performances may be more indicative than average performance of potential. What makes that interesting is that the Celtic's Director of Analytics, David Sparks, developed a game log metric back when he was a writer for Hardwood Paroxysm, so there's reason to believe the Celtics might be looking more at peak game performance as part of their analytic evaluation. I think there are pluses and minuses to that approach, especially if only a subset of games is used, however, I feel more confident in the Celtics selections thinking there was more than Danny's gut involved in the process.

TP. Awesome insights.

Although it also ranks Deandre Bembry in the top 10 according to that model. Which indicates that model is flawed, even if it could be helpful.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:15:29 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 06:14:58 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

I tried looking on their site but I cant find last years rankings, do you know if that site has them up?

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 06:15:08 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
With the acquisition of Rozzier, Why can't Bradley be the one on his way out? 

MSmart is possibly our best player.  Sully can't be trusted, IT4 has limitations, KO thinks he is a guard, AB has progressed but might be time to move on.  I rather keep Smart on the team.