Author Topic: Aldridge Visits  (Read 3446 times)

Re: Aldridge Visits
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 08:47:46 AM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
I'm not surprised. Despite what many believed the playoff sweep did little to enhance our appeal to FA's.

Location is still king followed by money, followed by the teams roster.

It's just the way it is, I am still pretty concerned about our teams future.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 08:56:13 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Toronto gets a visit and we don't.  Ouch.

Maybe Celtics didn't want to waste their time and Toronto does?

Maybe Boston was never that interested? Hes going to get paid max dollars in his 30's ... I was never a huge fan of that ... All media reports are usually overblown (cough, the draft)

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I've never felt that the Lakers had a serious shot, anyway. The recent media reports linking him to that team were all from LA-based sources and seemed largely intended to repair the Lakers' shaky public perception of recent years.

I thought the same exact thing.  It confused me how an LA Times writer would have the inside track on his thinking before free agency even started. 

The other to talk about LA was Brian Windhorst on which I'm assuming must have been a slow Lebron news day.  He did say that Aldridge has a summer home in LA (next door to Kobe actually) and that would be a strong factor.  Who knows.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Don't want him anyway, Not a C with no defense

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 09:14:41 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Toronto gets a visit and we don't.  Ouch.

Maybe Celtics didn't want to waste their time and Toronto does?

Maybe Boston was never that interested? Hes going to get paid max dollars in his 30's ... I was never a huge fan of that ... All media reports are usually overblown (cough, the draft)

You mean media reports like this one: "Boston Celtics will chase any significant free agent, plan to target scorers" which includes this fantastic quote:  ""We're going to go after any and everybody that we think is a significant player to upgrade our talent," Ainge said."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/04/danny_ainge_boston_celtics_nee_2.html

Danny kicked the tires on LeBron when he was a FA and the Cs had no cap space. I doubt he's rolling back the operation now that they actually have money.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Found this on RealGM.  Woj on TV saying he hears it's between the Spurs and the Blazers.  Not sure when the TV appearance was but it posted on RealGM a few minutes ago:

https://instagram.com/p/4icIvfHYSj/