Author Topic: Last Minute Offseason Idea  (Read 1005 times)

Last Minute Offseason Idea
« on: June 29, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
With Danny blowing the draft, and most top tier free agents not even scheduling visits with the celtics, it looks like all hope is lost in Boston. But fear not. Here is the last offseason idea that I would be thrilled about.

1. Sign Tobias Harris to the max. I personally don't think he's worth the max, but with the cap increase next year, I think we should do it. What I love about him is he's only 22, which means he could get even better. He also fills a gaping hole at small forward.

2. Trade James Young, Terry Rozier, Kelly Olynyk, 2016 Brooklyn 1st, Dallas 1st for Nerlens Noel. Philly obviously has a roster problem. They have 3 young, talented centers, and pretty much nothing else. KO can stretch the floor for Okafor and Embiid, Rozier can be a good backup point guard, and James Young can develop and start on the wing. With not enough talent and many youngsters, the sixers obviously won't be competing next year. This gives them one more year of tanking, and then with the slew of draft picks they've accumulated and the 2 we will give them for next year, they can bolster their backcourt and be competitive in just one year. For us, we get the rim protector we need in Noel. Enough said.

3. Resign Crowder. Getting only one max free agent lets us give a medium contract to Crowder, and still stay under the cap. He is a great energy guy off the bench, and helps glue our team together. I think he wants to stay in Boston, and we will be able to pay him a reasonable contract.

Lineup:
Smart/IT
AB/Hunter
Harris/Turner
Sully/Crowder
Noel/Zeller

This idea would finally start using some of our quantity and turning it into quality. I wish we didn't have to give up the Brooklyn first, but we wouldn't be taking anyone better than Noel. We also give Philly almost all of our prospects (except for Smart) in positions that they need, to go along with the 2 draft picks. What do you guys think? Would this be acceptable?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Re: Last Minute Offseason Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
With Danny blowing the draft, and most top tier free agents not even scheduling visits with the celtics, it looks like all hope is lost in Boston. But fear not. Here is the last offseason idea that I would be thrilled about.

1. Sign Tobias Harris to the max. I personally don't think he's worth the max, but with the cap increase next year, I think we should do it. What I love about him is he's only 22, which means he could get even better. He also fills a gaping hole at small forward.

2. Trade James Young, Terry Rozier, Kelly Olynyk, 2016 Brooklyn 1st, Dallas 1st for Nerlens Noel. Philly obviously has a roster problem. They have 3 young, talented centers, and pretty much nothing else. KO can stretch the floor for Okafor and Embiid, Rozier can be a good backup point guard, and James Young can develop and start on the wing. With not enough talent and many youngsters, the sixers obviously won't be competing next year. This gives them one more year of tanking, and then with the slew of draft picks they've accumulated and the 2 we will give them for next year, they can bolster their backcourt and be competitive in just one year. For us, we get the rim protector we need in Noel. Enough said.

3. Resign Crowder. Getting only one max free agent lets us give a medium contract to Crowder, and still stay under the cap. He is a great energy guy off the bench, and helps glue our team together. I think he wants to stay in Boston, and we will be able to pay him a reasonable contract.

Lineup:
Smart/IT
AB/Hunter
Harris/Turner
Sully/Crowder
Noel/Zeller

This idea would finally start using some of our quantity and turning it into quality. I wish we didn't have to give up the Brooklyn first, but we wouldn't be taking anyone better than Noel. We also give Philly almost all of our prospects (except for Smart) in positions that they need, to go along with the 2 draft picks. What do you guys think?

Celtics need to let Free Agency play out before the trades.  At least the top tier players.

I don't think those 3 players get Noel if available.

Re: Last Minute Offseason Idea
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Lineup:
Smart/IT
AB/Hunter
Harris/Turner
Sully/Crowder
Noel/Zeller

This idea would finally start using some of our quantity and turning it into quality. I wish we didn't have to give up the Brooklyn first, but we wouldn't be taking anyone better than Noel. We also give Philly almost all of our prospects (except for Smart) in positions that they need, to go along with the 2 draft picks. What do you guys think?

Celtics need to let Free Agency play out before the trades.  At least the top tier players.

I don't think those 3 players get Noel if available.