Author Topic: Building with Marcus  (Read 1239 times)

Building with Marcus
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:42:44 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
As our leader.  He isn't a center but he is a very big guard with a knack for leadership. If kevin love isnt happening Marcus is the better leader anyways.  really like the signing of Harris if that's the case. 

I say we go all in with Marcus and build around him.  If any player can give Lebron fits it's Marcus Smart. 

He should be the focal point of our rebuild at this point.

Re: Building with Marcus
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
YESSSSS!!! Finally someone who sees the potential in Marcus Smart.
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Absolutely. I think I can see it if Klove is off the table. We can only build one way and that's around Marcus.  I have been a fan of this for a long time though.  I wouldn't deal him.  Hopefully we dont trade him for Noel. I could see it but I hope not.  Marcus is an important piece.  It's all falling into place that that is how we have to build.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:05:58 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Smart is a guy you're always going to want on your side. Marcus is a young warrior. Warrior's have men/teammates that follow them, men that emulate them. They glue the team together by how they respond. (Draymond Green is one for Golden State.)

Every team has guy's they look to when things get tough. Marcus takes the charges, gives his body up, he hurts people when he defends them, he never stops trying to get an advantage. He actually annoys people he defends. He turns Celtic team defenders up a notch. 

But, he needs to get his offensive value to rise. Or he will not get the minutes he needs to accomplish what he can. Some of us are betting he will.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 07:08:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He's just a decent asset, like everybody else on the roster.  Might be more in the future, but so far not much indication he's a "build around" kind of guy. 

Doesn't mean he's not a nice player, or a really fun player to root for.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Smart is a guy you're always going to want on your side. Marcus is a young warrior. Warrior's have men/teammates that follow them, men that emulate them. They glue the team together by how they respond. (Draymond Green is one for Golden State.)

Every team has guy's they look to when things get tough. Marcus takes the charges, gives his body up, he hurts people when he defends them, he never stops trying to get an advantage. He actually annoys people he defends. He turns Celtic team defenders up a notch. 

But, he needs to get his offensive value to rise. Or he will not get the minutes he needs to accomplish what he can. Some of us are betting he will.

Draymond Green is a really good comparison for Marcus.  Interesting one went late, one guy went early.  Marcus is probably the more talented of the 2 although Draymond is really a glue guy and a bigger player.  I like both guys. My kind of players.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 08:26:41 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I still believe we could have started Isaiah at PG and Smart at the 2 but I don't know what we will do now that Ainge forced it and drafted a PG 16th overall. Our future could have been:

PG Isaiah
SG Smart
SF Hollis-Jefferson
PF Tobias Harris
C Athletic Rim Protector

Those players fit together really well. We could have tried trading everything else we have for Noel including both Brooklyn picks. And we would have shooters off the bench (depending on who Philly would get) like Bradley, Olynyk, Young, etc. Oh well. That won't happen now.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio