Author Topic: Biyombo is a UFA  (Read 13878 times)

Re: Biyombo is a UFA
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Biyombo would be a good fit for this team.  Sign him!!
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2015, 02:43:51 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LarBrd33 ~~~ I hope very seriously for both our sakes that the Cs being him in. It wil give us something to talk about day in and day out. Dude will have a monster block, then follow that by air balling two free throws in a row.
I think with Biyombo you'll get what you'll get.  He can pull down boards, block shots, throw down nasty dunks and protect the rim.  He's not going to hit mid-range shots or free throws.   There have been limited offensive bigs who have made an impact purely with defense.  Biyombo can still develop, though.

I mean, we're gave Amir Johnson 12 million dollars.  Is anyone going to be upset if we take a flyer on Biyombo?   Lol.  Whatever.

I wonder if Biyombo would be a good fit for the Lakers, though.  They definitely don't need any more offense.   Russell, Kobe and Randle can all put the ball in the hoop.  It seems a guy of Biyombo's skill set would make sense there. 

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2015, 07:13:28 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Too much upside , need more of a gritty player to get you that 500 record so we can gloriously be knocked out of the first round, keep it up danny

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2015, 08:13:19 AM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
If you want to watch the Celts play 4-on-5 on offense, Bismarck is your man.  He has stone hands, has  no offensive skill aside from dunking, and has 24 assists in the last two seasons combined.  Also, he's listed at 229 pounds, which is awfully light weight for a center.  Just saying ...