Author Topic: Tobias Harris started following Marcus Smart on Twitter, C's players follow him  (Read 31079 times)

Re: Tobias Harris just started following Marcus Smart on Twitter
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 06:40:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'd love Tobias in Green.

He and KLove would make a GREAT Forward combo.

Let's hope he's not following a guy who's about to be traded, LOL. SO MANY trade rumors/speculations - out there right now.

One thread (David Aldridge speculating), is that Marcus - Noel swap would fill a need for BOS and PHI. So with that being said, I hope Tobias isn't following Marcus to Philadelphia :o

Why would the sixers trade a big with  embid in limbo. Makes zero sense. They could have drafted Russell instead of trading for Smart. I don't see it. Would I make that trade, yes I would!

They couldn't have drafted Russell, he went before their pick.

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
 Russell went #2 to LA, they could have drafted Mudiay.

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
I don't see whats not to like about this player. So many people are talking about what he doesnt do, but lets look at what he DOES do, and note that he still has time to develop.

1. Scored 17ppg on 14 shots per game. If he got up to 18-19 shots per game like Pierce I don't think its unreasonable to assume he could get up to 21-23 ppg.

2. Scores in the clutch.

3. Rebounds well for his position.

4. Showed continuous improvement every season.

5. Versatile wing. Plays 3 and 4.

I think with a little teaching from BS he can become an average or even plus defender.

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Im actually for signing this guy...Which is surprising since it goes completely against my whole "TANK THE 2016 SEASON" shtick.

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 06:56:01 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I've looked deeper into the kid and determined my initial stance ("I hate his game") was too strong. I don't like that he isn't a great shooter, and I don't like that he's a tweeter and I don't like how eager Orlando seems to be to unload him.

With this is mind. As I sai before. He is a very good target for us.

I admittedly dont know much about Harris, so all I'm looking at is stats here.  I'd like you to explain exactly why you say he isnt a great shooter.  While his stats certainly dont make him look like an elite shooter, but a SF that shoots 46%, 36% from 3, and 79% from the line isnt bad.

I'd love someone to clarify if he is an actual tweener.  Does he play majority SF or majority PF?  ESPN has him listed as a SF, if thats where he plays the majority of the time, I dont see how you could call him a tweener. Also, judging form previous posts, hes been able to at least attempt to guard Lebron.   A bunch of other sites just have him listed as a forward.  If this is a guy thats going to want and command large minutes at the 4, it really is going to sour my interest in him.  I'm tired of us bring in small guys at the PF position

I can agree with you though, that the fact Orlando has all but come out and said theyre not gonna match any significant offer for him is a little troubling.  Though it's hard to tell if it's because Orlando feels they dont have enough talent yet to turn the corner and dont want to commit money to anyone thats not elite long term, or if they just think hes an overrated stat stuffer.
Greg

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 07:00:04 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd love Tobias in Green.

He and KLove would make a GREAT Forward combo.

Let's hope he's not following a guy who's about to be traded, LOL. SO MANY trade rumors/speculations - out there right now.

One thread (David Aldridge speculating), is that Marcus - Noel swap would fill a need for BOS and PHI. So with that being said, I hope Tobias isn't following Marcus to Philadelphia :o

Why would the sixers trade a big with  embid in limbo. Makes zero sense. They could have drafted Russell instead of trading for Smart. I don't see it. Would I make that trade, yes I would!

Because they just landed Okafor, and he and Noel don't work well together on the floor. They really need a stretch four to go with either and Okafor and Noel wont want to back each other up.

I'm sure Russel was on the to get list, but the Lakers ruined that. Now they could have snagged either Winlsow or Emudiay, but Hinkie  grabbed 3 of the most wanted bigs the last three years. Hopefully all the GM's screw him over by low balling him getting greedy and the fans get the pitchforks and torch's out.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Remember when Sully followed the Hornets and we all thought we were getting the 9th pick lol good times

WINSLOW!!! ):
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 07:06:49 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I've looked deeper into the kid and determined my initial stance ("I hate his game") was too strong. I don't like that he isn't a great shooter, and I don't like that he's a tweener and I don't like how eager Orlando seems to be to unload him.

With this is mind. As I sai before. He is a very good target for us.

Orlando doesn't want to unload him. They just don't (and can't) pay him what he will get. Mario will be their SF now.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
It wouldn't be shocking to see the Celtics sign Harris, but Orlando will match. So, that leaves us with a sign and trade route. I think that is what may be going on here. Orlando and Boston are talking deal.

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Or a deal has been made already. 

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
It wouldn't be shocking to see the Celtics sign Harris, but Orlando will match. So, that leaves us with a sign and trade route. I think that is what may be going on here. Orlando and Boston are talking deal.

I don't know, if he wants to leave then they really might not.  They have spent their last two five draft picks on people who play his position and they also have Harkless.  They really might just let him walk for a small S&T package

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Or a deal has been made already.

If it has been how does anybody in the Celtics roster know? I thought Sullinger following the Hornets was fishy

Nothing is finalized unless either Woj comes out with the news or something else official is seen

If we do get Harris, I can't see both Turner and Crowder coming back for next season. Just not enough minutes to go around.  Plus we also have Young to give min to.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
the one thing though we could be pretty confident about is that with the Magic drafting Hezonja, I can't see them wanting to overpay Harris.

Celtics would prob have to offer 16-17 million a season to lock him down and steal him away

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
just seems sketchy if we are targetting him as a free agent that they would be following him now. Couldnt that get them in trouble?  Something has to come out soon I would think.  Maybe they have a deal in place.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Or a deal has been made already.  Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley and a couple draft picks.
If they did that trade, and could move Turner and KO they could be close to having the cap to sign 2 max free agents

Say Monroe and Millsap

PG: IT                    / Rozier            / Thorton
SG: Smart             / Young             / Hunter
SF: Harris              /Crowder
PF: Millsap            / Sully
 C: Monroe           /Zeller

Thats a very good young roster with tons of picks and cap space to come. Good foundation to attract Durant ;D