Author Topic: Demarre Carroll and Robin Lopez - Let's Get Realistic  (Read 3865 times)

Re: Demarre Carroll and Robin Lopez - Let's Get Realistic
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 11:08:19 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Koufos made it clear that he wants to be a starter. No nonsense Lakers or Knicks with him. And no Texas tax heaven either since he would be deep in the bench in those teams.
We could promise him opportunity that other teams can't...

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
so about being realistic and going after carroll.....

$60/4. jeez.  probably means bye bye Crowder too.  more importantly though, with all this money being paid out to these wings, my fear is teams may come around and decide that Harris at $15M per isn't such a bad idea after all and add to our competition for him

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
so about being realistic and going after carroll.....

$60/4. jeez.  probably means bye bye Crowder too.  more importantly though, with all this money being paid out to these wings, my fear is teams may come around and decide that Harris at $15M per isn't such a bad idea after all and add to our competition for him

Absolutely - $15M a year for Carroll is mindblowing. I would much rather have Harris at that price, but I am hesitant to give him even that much money...and that may be our problem.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
That is a big number for Carroll, but he was probably the Hawks best player in the post-season, is an excellent shooter AND excellent defender and is a pretty young 28 (as in not that much mileage on the legs).  Not totally out of whack and not all that surprising given his great post-season.

Seems like an odd signing for Toronto though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 02:35:26 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
That is a big number for Carroll, but he was probably the Hawks best player in the post-season, is an excellent shooter AND excellent defender and is a pretty young 28 (as in not that much mileage on the legs).  Not totally out of whack and not all that surprising given his great post-season.

Seems like an odd signing for Toronto though.

They're trying to revamp their defense which tailed off last year.  $15 MM per year is pretty high for him though.