Author Topic: Ideas - Couple of trades and free agent signing  (Read 1593 times)

Ideas - Couple of trades and free agent signing
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Trades

Cleveland
B. Haywood
Draft rights to PF R. Christmas
2016 or 2017 2nd rounder

to

Celtics
E. Turner

Draft rights to SG/PG M. Thornton
Bostons 2016 1st

Why do we do this?  B. Haywood is no guaranteed, takes a good amount of money off the books 10.5 million  Get back a young power forward/center in Christmas.  Cleveland does this because they get the 1st round pick next year they want.  A probably cheaper version of J.R. Smith who they've talked about wanting to keep, but could now let go.  M. Thornton gives them a young guard who can play the point or shooting guard, just as well as Turner can do the same.   

Second trade involves 76ers

76ers
Nerlens Noel

to

Celtics - This could be change with pieces if they rather an Avery Bradley.  But this is ideal what I think works out really for best for us and them.
Kelly Olynyk
Draft rights to Terry Rozier
Chris Babb
2016 Dallas 1st
One or two of the 2016 2nd round picks we have

Why do we do this?  Well it's easy to see, Nerlens Noel gives us our young rim protector, gives up a few picks that we won't be able to use, save us money.  The bigger question most reading is why would 76ers do this, breaking it down piece by piece.  Kelly Olynyk gives them a big to replace Noel but can play beside Okafor I believe better, he doesn't play under the hoop, he's more of a big stretch 4.  Plus fill there role and would be a nice back up for either Okafor or Embiid.  Terry Rozier, a good player but I don't think fits well in Boston with Smart and IT and Bradley.  (Also I rather keep Smart, Bradley, IT over this rookie.  But I do really like Roziers game and is worth a 1st round pick.)  It gives 76ers a starter young point guard that can grow with the team and Okafor.  Chris Babb is a good throw in piece to give them a cheap player who has shown flashes of ball skills.  Then obviously a 1st rounder and 1 or 2 2nd rounder gives them more picks.

Resign Free Agent

Jae Crowder the only resign we do.

Two Max Deals (Believe this can happen because of the Haywood deal after letting him go.  Plus with the other trades giving more cap rooms.  If can get them each for a little under the max, it'll work out the best for us.)

Small Forward - Tobias Harris
Power Forward - Greg Monroe

One more free agent.
Bring home Paul Pierce. (Could be a pipe dream but I think with this team together in the east he'd think about this.

Celtics After these trades and free agents. 

Point Guards - Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas
Shooting Guard - Avery Bradley, James Young, R.J. Hunter
Small Forward - Tobias Harris, Paul Pierce, Jae Crowder, Gerald Wallace
Power Forward - Greg Monroe, Jared Sullinger, Jordan Mickey, Rakeem Christmas
Center - Nerlens Noel, Tyler Zeller

Mind you our power forwards can play center when needed.  Same as our small forwards can play some shooting guards like a Piece or Crowder.  While Bradley could play some point and Smart could play some shooting guard. 

We'd have 15 players under contract as this sits, able to dress 13 with the new rules.  So we'd be able to put Christmas, Hunter, Young, Mickey, any of them down in the d-league to keep improving.  Also with keeping Wallace you're able to either stretch him if needed for cap room to make this happen, or you're able to trade him at the deadline.  I believe this team could definitely contend in the East and maybe bring us deep into the playoffs, plus keeps us young and still having draft picks.

This is best case scenario, before people jump saying this is stupid.

Re: Ideas - Couple of trades and free agent signing
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 02:35:11 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I like the Cleveland deal if we aren't giving up our first. Turner doesn't make that much that dumping him is worth a first. I would give them a couple seconds because we have a ton next year.

I don't think that's enough for Noel. Add a first or two to that package and there might be something there.

I prefer Monroe at the 5 and Harris at the 4 to them playing the 3 and 4. I don't really like the combination of Monroe and Noel because offensively they both can't shoot and would clog the lane.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 02:51:03 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
I like the Cleveland deal if we aren't giving up our first. Turner doesn't make that much that dumping him is worth a first. I would give them a couple seconds because we have a ton next year.

I don't think that's enough for Noel. Add a first or two to that package and there might be something there.

I prefer Monroe at the 5 and Harris at the 4 to them playing the 3 and 4. I don't really like the combination of Monroe and Noel because offensively they both can't shoot and would clog the lane.

If they're take a couple of 2nd rounders instead of a 1st rounder to Cleveland I'm happy as well.  But I know the talk was they were looking for a 1st with him, but if we offered maybe two 2nd rounders it might be do able.   I was going with what I heard, about what they were looking for.

The Noel deal I think is tough but I only put one 1st rounder because giving them KO and Rozier, both who were first rounders.  Then giving them one or two seconds I thought was enough, why I justified this.  But even if it costed us two 1st as long as it's not Brooklyn's picks I'd be happy to do so. 

Monroe is a better power forward then a center from what I seen.  Noel is our defensive anchor with this trade.  Monroe is one of the top 10 scorers by stats in the paint, where Noel doesn't give you much of a scorer.  Plus Monroe is just getting better with his jumpers, which is one thing he'd need to do.  I don't believe they'd clog the lane, but to each there own.  Harris though I'll disagree he's a small forward by all means and would be a bad fit as a power forward for us.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 03:11:09 PM »

Offline Jferrari401

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I like the ideas, I'm also not sure if it's enough for Noel but maybe with an added first it could work. I also think Monroe and Noel could be a rough combo in terms of spacing. In this scenario I think I would pass on Monroe and stick with Sully as our power forward. Sign a cheaper PF, maybe Jerebko, and roll over some of that cap space to next season. There's a possibility that Philly wants Bradley over Rozier and I would still do it in that case. Lineup looks like:

Thomas/Rozier
Smart/Young/Hunter
Harris/Crowder/Hunter
Sully/Jerebko/Mickey
Noel/Zeller

maybe add Pierce in there as well if he chose to sign with us.
I told the driver Lenny swing me by the garden I gotta talk to Pat
Showed him some stacks
Then showed him the gat like ‘you’re gonna miss the finger roll right?’
Yes, Mr. Baklava

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

If they're take a couple of 2nd rounders instead of a 1st rounder to Cleveland I'm happy as well.  But I know the talk was they were looking for a 1st with him, but if we offered maybe two 2nd rounders it might be do able.   I was going with what I heard, about what they were looking for.

The Noel deal I think is tough but I only put one 1st rounder because giving them KO and Rozier, both who were first rounders.  Then giving them one or two seconds I thought was enough, why I justified this.  But even if it costed us two 1st as long as it's not Brooklyn's picks I'd be happy to do so. 

Monroe is a better power forward then a center from what I seen.  Noel is our defensive anchor with this trade.  Monroe is one of the top 10 scorers by stats in the paint, where Noel doesn't give you much of a scorer.  Plus Monroe is just getting better with his jumpers, which is one thing he'd need to do.  I don't believe they'd clog the lane, but to each there own.  Harris though I'll disagree he's a small forward by all means and would be a bad fit as a power forward for us.
Monroe was forced to play PF next to Drummond but he is absolutely better as a 5. PER might not be the be all and end all of stats, but if you look at the PER of Monroe - the PER of the player that he is guarding his net PER is significantly higher at the 5 for every single year of his career. On the same page it mentions his defensive and offensive ratings as well an although they were similar last year, the year before and every year before that has him with better stats as a C.
http://www.82games.com/1415/14DET19.HTM
http://www.82games.com/1314/13DET14.HTM

Again, by the same stats Harris is significantly better at the 4
http://www.82games.com/1415/14ORL10.HTM
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

Monroe was forced to play PF next to Drummond but he is absolutely better as a 5. PER might not be the be all and end all of stats, but if you look at the PER of Monroe - the PER of the player that he is guarding his net PER is significantly higher at the 5 for every single year of his career. On the same page it mentions his defensive and offensive ratings as well an although they were similar last year, the year before and every year before that has him with better stats as a C.
http://www.82games.com/1415/14DET19.HTM
http://www.82games.com/1314/13DET14.HTM

Again, by the same stats Harris is significantly better at the 4
http://www.82games.com/1415/14ORL10.HTM

Fair enough.  But I think for us with my idea, they'd be a better fit at the 4 and 3.  Just because of fit, and it's not a drastic change between them.  I think it it was more drastic, I'd be more willing to agree.  I look at Monroe more as a power forward cause I see Noel as a true defensive anchor.  I mean I guess they could just switch off, either or and have no true center or power forward position.  With Harris though I think his size is more a small forward at best a stretch 4.  Not saying he couldn't play it for us, but I think with this trade idea, it's the best case for all players.