Author Topic: Is Monroe worth the max?  (Read 2886 times)

Re: Is Monroe worth the max?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 09:57:47 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I mean, with all of the talk of the cap increasing, it SEEMS like he wpuld be worth the max to me

This is mostly how I feel.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 10:10:42 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Hoops Hype reporting Celtics are out on Monroe. They can't even get a meeting. Hahahaha. Awful. Sorry organization that should have tanked for a star, now look at them? A tier 3 free agent won't even take the Celtics money. Won't even visit the Celtics. Should have been like the Bucks. Draft Greek and tank for Parker. Should have been so simple. Danny screwed it up. He needs to go.

Link?  Everything I've seen has said that we have a meeting set up with him...

Five teams have shown serious interest — the Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers and Portland Trail Blazers. Monroe said he’ll meet with those teams this week.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworleans/12769441-148/big-man-greg-monroe-formerly
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:19:22 AM by BitterJim »
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 10:19:26 AM »

Offline BRC-14

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Hoops Hype reporting Celtics are out on Monroe. They can't even get a meeting. Hahahaha. Awful. Sorry organization that should have tanked for a star, now look at them? A tier 3 free agent won't even take the Celtics money. Won't even visit the Celtics. Should have been like the Bucks. Draft Greek and tank for Parker. Should have been so simple. Danny screwed it up. He needs to go.

Five teams have shown serious interest — the Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers and Portland Trail Blazers. Monroe said he’ll meet with those teams this week.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworleans/12769441-148/big-man-greg-monroe-formerly

I found this.
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/celtics-lakers-blazers.html
Take me where the Boston Celtics fans roam free without judgment from my enemies.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 10:19:47 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Yes because of the reasons mentioned above.  If you can get a big post up scorer and good rebounder signed long term you go for it...

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Monroe is the only guy who might actually come here, that I would sign this summer, and I would give him the max.  I see no point in the Harris' and Middleton's of the world.  They add nothing. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »

Offline emajic1

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Definitely worth it, imo.  Highly doubt he signs and then 'mails it in'.  Isn't he one of the first ones to have signed the Qualifying Offer when elgible for a max contract? This wasn't Monroe exactly playing it safe, or seeking to avert risk. 

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 11:44:08 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

It was reported that they had a meeting scheduled.  The wording doesn't rule out the possibility that the Celtics were the ones who decided not to go after Monroe.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 12:27:45 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I found this.

According to the New York post? Tell me if it's ESPN, NBA.com or Yahoo sports before I believe it.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 12:49:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I found this.

TUESDAY, 8:05am: The Celtics are already out of the running for Monroe, a league source tells Marc Berman of the New York Post, though it’s unclear whether Monroe has canceled his meeting with them.

MONDAY, 1:56pm: The Knicks, unsurprisingly, are the favorites for Monroe, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Nice I like how those reports were obviously very conflicting... Also as someone said, unless its by ESPN or Yahoo Sports, I'm not going to believe what someone from the 'New York Post,' says as factual statements.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different