Author Topic: Rondo should just go to Cleveland  (Read 4046 times)

Re: Rondo should just go to Cleveland
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 10:46:25 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I don't think that there is a +.500 team in the NBA that wants anything to do with Rondo.
Cavs, OMG, behind Kyre, Lebron and possibly Love, what role would he have, 15 MPG tops?

You realize 5 guys play at a time right? ;)

LBJ and RR COULD be a great pair as RR doesn't really want to shoot and LBJ is fine with that.

RR's problem was that he didnt get up for meaningless games all the time. His motivation fell off at the same time we stopped seriously being contenders. So why would he want to go to Minny? Or LAL or NYK unless they bring in more talent. I'm trying to look at it from Rondo's point of view. After a year in Cle, a title and averaging some crazy assist per game Rondo would be back in big contract talks. He should showcase himself for a year. If not Cle than another team but Cle could make a lot of sense if LBJ could figure out how to use RR.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 10:50:22 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I don't think that there is a +.500 team in the NBA that wants anything to do with Rondo.
Cavs, OMG, behind Kyre, Lebron and possibly Love, what role would he have, 15 MPG tops?

LBJ and RR COULD be a great pair as RR doesn't really want to shoot and LBJ is fine with that.

RR's problem was that he didnt get up for meaningless games all the time. His motivation fell off at the same time we stopped seriously being contenders. So why would he want to go to Minny? Or LAL or NYK unless they bring in more talent. I'm trying to look at it from Rondo's point of view. After a year in Cle, a title and averaging some crazy assist per game Rondo would be back in big contract talks. He should showcase himself for a year. If not Cle than another team but Cle could make a lot of sense if LBJ could figure out how to use RR.

How is Rondo going to avg a ton of assists when he is not going to have the ball. HE couldnt get many assists or share the ball with Monta and other predominantly off ball players in Dallas but will magically be able to share the ball with Lebron, Kyrie and Love??? Yeah not happening

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 11:54:52 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123

How is Rondo going to avg a ton of assists when he is not going to have the ball. HE couldnt get many assists or share the ball with Monta and other predominantly off ball players in Dallas but will magically be able to share the ball with Lebron, Kyrie and Love??? Yeah not happening

You might be right overall on it being a bad fit, but I don't but this argument. Rondo set up the Celtics O and was able to share the ball. I get that you mean those Cav's won't want to hand over the ball. You may be right. But if they bought into letting RR set them up, and then RR stepped up it would be a win for everyone (well except us celtics fans)

LBJ could still become the point guard and one man team at the end of the games much like how PP used to do that sometimes. Rondo would just make life easier. Fast breaks would be crazy. It all comes down to what James wants. 

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 09:32:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
There is probably never a situation for the Cavaliers where you would want the ball in Rondo's hands instead of in LeBron's. Maybe five times out of every 100 permutations on a given play.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 09:54:36 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Rondo would honestly be a better fit with the Lakers.
- LilRip

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 05:07:34 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Yes, would love to see that.