Author Topic: Summer League Roster 2015  (Read 8418 times)

Re: Summer League
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2015, 11:08:47 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
JUst spoke with FLCeltsFan, they promised to make us threads for the games  ;D

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2015, 11:14:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 11:39:06 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 11:41:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I am excited for Summer league, because there is a lot less of a likelihood it lets me down, unlike the draft and free agency.

What I want from summer league
1. I want to see if Smart looks more explosive after some off season training and a fully healed ankle. Has he improved his handle and can he play the pick and roll.
2. I want to see if Young can create for himself and stay in front of his man.
3. I want to see what the rookies can do.
4. I want to see Young, Hunter and to a lesser extent Smart and Rozier knock down the 3 to give me hope we won't be a bottom rung 3 point shooting team.
5. I don't want to see anyone outside of Smart, Hunter, Young, Rozier, Mickey and Holmes take any shots. If the player isn't on that list I have no interest in seeing them play.
6. I want to see our players play hard.
looking for the same things myself.  would add that I'd like to see what Iverson can do this time around.  not expecting much but would like to see for myself.

key for me is that since Summer League is very guard oriented (and sadly too much like a pick-up/CYO league) that with our plethora of guards we should dominate the opposition --> Smart/Rozier on D and Young/Hunter bombing away.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 11:49:33 AM »

Online Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I like ET34's list.

Will also be looking at how Rozier manages the game when he's not the 1st option on offense. That'll be an important challenge for him as a pro. It's kind of a good thing we have plenty of other shooters on that roster.

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 12:04:16 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

?

Brilliant, TP!

And my prediction for the Kelly Olynyk is the next Dirk Summer League MVP award is, Rozier.  As anyone who has watched SL games knows, it is made for guards, especially transition guards.  There are a lot of terrible shooters taking pull up threes with long rebounds and break outs.  This should be a Rozier special.  The other players who shine are 3pt shooters.  Hunter and Young would also be serious contenders since there are LOTS of threes going up in SL.  Smart probably won't have a lot to prove so I'd bet he defers and lets the rookies take over.

That 1100 and 1st TP was from me,  :)

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 12:14:22 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Any knowledge if CSNNE will air these along with NBA TV?

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I cannot wait for it!

The team is cool. I'd love to watch the Smart Hunter Young Mickey Iverson line-up.

Rozier, Thornton and Holmes off the bench is nice too.

I expect Rozier to be our starting PG. I'm really curious to see what he can do.

Per Colton Iverson, I have checked his stats in the Spanish League and they do not look good; I doubt he'll make it to our roster this year.
Before the draft, they said Pressey wouldn't play in Summer League so that Smart could be the PG.  I'd expect Smart and Rozier to split the PG duties. 

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

?

I actually think it will be Mickey.  He's a perfect fit for this type of atmosphere.  He proved it already at the NBA draft combine during the 5 on 5 scrimmages.  The stat that will stand out will be his blocks per game.  My guess is it will be around 4 per game.

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think I saw they're doing the Monday and Thursday game but not the Tuesday game next week.  not sure who'd be announcing -- can't see Mike and Tommy doing those games.  may be just a simulcast of NBATV.

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2015, 02:46:45 PM »

Offline Boiwaffle

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
What's up everyone. First time poster here.  ;D I must say, I love The Celtics and I can't wait to see our young guys tear it up in Summer League. Our draft might of not been what people wanted, but I trust in DA and know The C's will only get better.

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2015, 02:49:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

They should, assuming nothing has changed between this year and last.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Summer League Roster
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2015, 05:19:40 AM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Some interesting FA players on the roster

Jonathan Holmes - draft express had him as pick 33 in there mock....on the down side 4yr Sr with a decline in 4th yr http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonathan-Holmes-42028/

Royce O'Neale - draft express lists as the 100th prospect out of 100. College stats were up and down http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Royce-O-Neale-40897/

C.J. Fair - is a D league invitee, previously played 4 yrs at 'Cuse http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/C.J.-Fair-6342/

Malcolm Miller - another 4th yr Sr from holy Cross nothing much on him http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Malcolm-Miller-41325/

Corey Walden - 4th yr guy out of Eastern Kentucky. At 6'2 he has his work cut out for him to make the Celtics http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Corey-Walden-17093/stats/

Re: Summer League Roster
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2015, 06:50:02 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
ehm, we already have a thread on this.
might be a good idea to merge.

Re: Summer League Roster 2015
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2015, 07:16:25 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I predict James Young will explode in a few games and people on here will absolutely lose their minds.

I'm hoping for a big step forward from James.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.