Author Topic: Favors available?  (Read 6675 times)

Re: Favors available?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Jazz fans labeling celts fans delusional

http://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?41530-Fiesta-of-dellusion-(or-Boston-Celtics-fans-want-to-trade-for-Favors)&s=df7aecd7cb6274171e50b21a92731dbc
Well there were rumors they were looking to trade him. That's not our fault. I never understood why they would look to trade him, but it's worth discussing. In that thread the Jazz fans prove similarly delusional saying they prefer favors to cousins and saying Rodney hood has more potential than anyone on the celtics roster.

Also worth noting they refer to Boston as a "big market" along with Chicago LA and NYK

We are a big market if your favorite team resides in Utah. Celts fans always measure their city against the league's flashiest locations like NY or LA instead of looking at the average NBA market. In reality the New England market is far closer than it is to NY or LA than it is to New Orleans or Minnesota.

Those fans are just as delusional, I'd agree. They claimed Exum was better than Smart and one claimed he/she wouldn't trade Favors for Cousins straight up.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Every fan wants the best deal for their team, so naturally each group of fans will find another group's hypothetical trade proposals ridiculous.

The Utah fans probably think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for Smart+Sullinger+both Brooklyn picks for Favors or something.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
If Favors is really available, Ainge needs to push every button available to get him. Idk if he's a guy you trade Smart for, I probably wouldn't, but you'd at least consider it. The kid is 23, He's already a really good player and he has the potential to be even more than that. Plus his contract is workable.

The Jazz have a long rumored interest in Bradley, who would be An absolute perfect fit on that team. They also seem to have a glut of bigs, while we have a glut of guards. Favors is the perfect kind of guy you pair with Olynyk. I would go for something like

BOS trades Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Marcus Thornton, the 2016 Dallas 1st and the 2016 Miami 2nd to Utah for Derrick Favors and the 2016 (?) Golden State 1st

He would almost instantly make us the favorites to win the Atlantic and were still set up very well for the future. Just resigning Crowder and possibly Jerebko would be good moves, and anything else we could pull (Tobias Harris) of would be gravy. Still have all the Brooklyn picks, Smart, and all our own picks. We'd be left with..

Smart/Thomas/Rozier
Rozier/Young/Smart/Hunter
Turner/Crowder/Young
Favors/Olynyk/Jerebko/Mickey
Olynyk/Zeller/Favors

You label Favors as a 4 and KO as a 5 but in practice it's the opposite. Favors is a pretty good rim-protector, and I think combined with Mickey's skill-set we could have a more than adequate interior D.

Not the main point of your idea, but didn't the Celtics trade away Thornton last season?
They also drafted a Marcus Thornton in the second round this year.

indeed they did!

I'll bud out now
Yup

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 04:45:55 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Every fan wants the best deal for their team, so naturally each group of fans will find another group's hypothetical trade proposals ridiculous.

The Utah fans probably think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for Smart+Sullinger+both Brooklyn picks for Favors or something.

Which is super unreasonable... hahaha

I'd do Sully, Bradley and one BKN pick and I think even that might be too much. But you're right, that's part of being a fan. Taking way too much value in your own players!

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 05:40:03 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jazz fans labeling celts fans delusional

http://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?41530-Fiesta-of-dellusion-(or-Boston-Celtics-fans-want-to-trade-for-Favors)&s=df7aecd7cb6274171e50b21a92731dbc
Well there were rumors they were looking to trade him. That's not our fault. I never understood why they would look to trade him, but it's worth discussing. In that thread the Jazz fans prove similarly delusional saying they prefer favors to cousins and saying Rodney hood has more potential than anyone on the celtics roster.

Also worth noting they refer to Boston as a "big market" along with Chicago LA and NYK

We are a big market if your favorite team resides in Utah. Celts fans always measure their city against the league's flashiest locations like NY or LA instead of looking at the average NBA market. In reality the New England market is far closer than it is to NY or LA than it is to New Orleans or Minnesota.

Those fans are just as delusional, I'd agree. They claimed Exum was better than Smart and one claimed he/she wouldn't trade Favors for Cousins straight up.
Exum obviously did not adjust to the NBA very well, but I'm not so sure he isn't better than Smart.  He certainly has a higher upside.  That is the reason he was drafted ahead of Smart. 

Favors over Cousins isn't quite as crazy as you make it seem given Cousins presumed attitude issues and health factors (Cousins has missed quite a few games in his career).  Not to mention Favors makes a lot less money than Cousins so he doesn't hamstring your future as much.  That said I think most people would rather have Cousins than Favors, but it isn't like Favors is Olynyk or something.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip