Author Topic: Favors available?  (Read 6681 times)

Favors available?
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:10:48 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
There are conflicting reports saying that Favors might be available so that the Jazz could pair Gobert and Milsap together, add to that that the Jazz just drafted Lyles. I feel like he would be a perfect pairing next to Olynyk. He's 23 and still has some serious upside. Not to mention he is locked up for 3 years for $35.1mil. Would Bradley + Sullinger + picks get it done? If I was Ainge I'd be looking to take advantage of that situation plus clear the logjam of guards.

Rozier/Smart/Crowder/Favors/Olynyk

Super young but could develop in the next few years as something special. Add that superstar free agent when we have something going. Thoughts?

Re: Favors available?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 07:16:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
There are conflicting reports saying that Favors might be available so that the Jazz could pair Gobert and Milsap together, add to that that the Jazz just drafted Lyles. I feel like he would be a perfect pairing next to Olynyk. He's 23 and still has some serious upside. Not to mention he is locked up for 3 years for $35.1mil. Would Bradley + Sullinger + picks get it done? If I was Ainge I'd be looking to take advantage of that situation plus clear the logjam of guards.

Rozier/Smart/Crowder/Favors/Olynyk

Super young but could develop in the next few years as something special. Add that superstar free agent when we have something going. Thoughts?

Bring in Favors, go after Love. Sell Love on the idea that Favors could be the center that he always wanted next to him, and that Pierce could be the Tim Duncan of our team. I think Pierce could exceed 12 PPG next year, especially given the focus on Love, and Favors who will undoubtedly be going hard on offensive boards.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 07:39:46 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I would love to get Favors but we need to stop with the big 3 talk (us getting all the top tier free agents)

When the original big 3 was formed we had a HOF player/one of the top clutch/ top scorers in the NBA we don't have that right now and without that we won't be getting the superstars looking to win a championship.

We should be going after young players, players looking to make a name for themselves or very underrated players with high potential. So Tobias harris, Greg Monroe, Derrick Favors, and maybe even Biyombo since he is still 22 and Centers don't usually start showing their true skills until around 25ish

So if we can swing a deal for Favors by eliminating the logjam at the guard position and by using some picks then I say do it.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 07:46:10 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I would def go after Favors but I don't get why they would trade him for an older player in Millsap.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 08:00:01 PM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Sure would love to have him we are desperate for someone who could become a "Star"

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 08:22:31 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
If the Jazz rumor about Bradley is true, then we can trade him + fillers for Favors.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 08:25:43 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I would def go after Favors but I don't get why they would trade him for an older player in Millsap.

A buddy of mine that is a Jazz fan says Milsap was beloved in Utah and they think he'd be a better fit with Gobert.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
free agency is not  guaranteed however trading for a star is a sure thing. he would fit in great with us

I would give up bradley  turner and a brooklyn pick

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pz5tb7v
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 09:17:13 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
If Favors is really available, Ainge needs to push every button available to get him. Idk if he's a guy you trade Smart for, I probably wouldn't, but you'd at least consider it. The kid is 23, He's already a really good player and he has the potential to be even more than that. Plus his contract is workable.

The Jazz have a long rumored interest in Bradley, who would be An absolute perfect fit on that team. They also seem to have a glut of bigs, while we have a glut of guards. Favors is the perfect kind of guy you pair with Olynyk. I would go for something like

BOS trades Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Marcus Thornton, the 2016 Dallas 1st and the 2016 Miami 2nd to Utah for Derrick Favors and the 2016 (?) Golden State 1st

He would almost instantly make us the favorites to win the Atlantic and were still set up very well for the future. Just resigning Crowder and possibly Jerebko would be good moves, and anything else we could pull (Tobias Harris) of would be gravy. Still have all the Brooklyn picks, Smart, and all our own picks. We'd be left with..

Smart/Thomas/Rozier
Rozier/Young/Smart/Hunter
Turner/Crowder/Young
Favors/Olynyk/Jerebko/Mickey
Olynyk/Zeller/Favors

You label Favors as a 4 and KO as a 5 but in practice it's the opposite. Favors is a pretty good rim-protector, and I think combined with Mickey's skill-set we could have a more than adequate interior D.

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 09:19:04 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
If Favors is really available, Ainge needs to push every button available to get him.

Totally agree, but ultimately I don't htink UTA would move him -- even if they're able to bring Millsap back.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 09:22:34 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
What kind of favors are available?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
I think the bigs that we could realistically get in FA or trade;

Monroe, Montejunas, Capela, Favors, Hibbert (God no, unless Wallace is attached)

I dont think we have any shot at Gasol, Chandler, Love, Aldridge,

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 09:25:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Favors is really available, Ainge needs to push every button available to get him. Idk if he's a guy you trade Smart for, I probably wouldn't, but you'd at least consider it. The kid is 23, He's already a really good player and he has the potential to be even more than that. Plus his contract is workable.

The Jazz have a long rumored interest in Bradley, who would be An absolute perfect fit on that team. They also seem to have a glut of bigs, while we have a glut of guards. Favors is the perfect kind of guy you pair with Olynyk. I would go for something like

BOS trades Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Marcus Thornton, the 2016 Dallas 1st and the 2016 Miami 2nd to Utah for Derrick Favors and the 2016 (?) Golden State 1st

He would almost instantly make us the favorites to win the Atlantic and were still set up very well for the future. Just resigning Crowder and possibly Jerebko would be good moves, and anything else we could pull (Tobias Harris) of would be gravy. Still have all the Brooklyn picks, Smart, and all our own picks. We'd be left with..

Smart/Thomas/Rozier
Turner/Crowder/Young
Olynyk/Zeller/Favors

You label Favors as a 4 and KO as a 5 but in practice it's the opposite. Favors is a pretty good rim-protector, and I think combined with Mickey's skill-set we could have a more than adequate interior D.

Sorry but Favors is not a really good player.  Mediocre work ethic. He gets by utilizing his physical tools. 

I have seen a shorter/not as long Sullinger outplay him a few times by sheer work ethic/bbiq. 

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Smart/Thomas/Rozier
Turner/Crowder/Young
Olynyk/Zeller/Favors

Sorry but Favors is not a really good player. Mediocre work ethic. He gets by utilizing his physical tools. 

I have seen a shorter/not as long Sullinger outplay him a few times by sheer work ethic/bbiq.

Stats tell a different story.  Favors is a 23 year old F/C who averaged 16pts, 8rebs, and 1.7 blocks per game.  If he can do that with a "mediocre work ethic", I would like to see what he does if he tries harder.  I would love to see the C's get him. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I would love to get Favors.  If we could pull that off then sign Monroe we would have upgraded our bigs dramaticly.  And both of these guys can hit their ft's and can play at the end of games and I believe they could coexist as Favors tends to play the PF role and is more a face up shooter slasher and would bennefit from Monroes passing abilities.  Plus these two run like the wind and would thrive in an uptempo system. I wonder what it would take?
blind optimist or GENIUS