Author Topic: demarcus cousins still available per this article  (Read 1045 times)

demarcus cousins still available per this article
« on: June 28, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: demarcus cousins still available per this article
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 05:39:38 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
that was before the draft

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:55:24 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This will play out just like last year.   They'll pretend like it's not a done deal, because of the salary issues...Russell will need to sign his contract and then they will need to wait a designated period of time before he can be included in a deal... also the Lakers will need to release contracts to free up cap space to absorb Cousins salary...

Ultimately, I expect the Lakers will end up giving up Russell + Randle for Cousins.  Book it.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 06:00:26 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Well NOW the Lakers is willing to trade Russell for Cousins.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25227495/report-lakers-would-trade-dangelo-russell-tomorrow-for-demarcus-cousins

But still not Randle. I would hope Danny is willing to re-explore a potential Cousins deal if this is true. I wonder if there is anything else the Lakers could include (ie, Clarkson and a pick) that would allow them to keep Randle...I hope not.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 06:03:09 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yeah, that first report is a bit misleading if not read carefully. The permission to check on a deal came after the reports of grumbling from Karl, and after Cousins got upset from those reports and felt unwanted in Sacramento, so Vivek felt forced to let the Agent at the very least explore the alternatives.

Things clarified a bit later after that, and Cousins seemingly still wants to remain in Sacramento which is seemingly Vivek's preference, and he's throwing Karl under the bus in the process (which he deserved if the reports of how things have transpired are true).

I do think that Cousins remains slightly on the market, but I don't think it seems as a foregone conclusion as it once was. We'll see.

And honestly, I think Vivek gets murdered in Sacramento if he does any deal that improves the Lakers, in particular sending them their star center. Sacramento detests the Lakers with a passion, maybe even more so than us Celtics on our long rivalry with them.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Ha ha...right the Lakers are willing to trade .....bet the Kings frt office isn't .........I wouldn't .......I bet if Shaq has any say ....he'll advise for them to keep Boogie.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 06:37:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
This will play out just like last year.   They'll pretend like it's not a done deal, because of the salary issues...Russell will need to sign his contract and then they will need to wait a designated period of time before he can be included in a deal... also the Lakers will need to release contracts to free up cap space to absorb Cousins salary...

Ultimately, I expect the Lakers will end up giving up Russell + Randle for Cousins.  Book it.

Haa you need to wake up

Two unknown rookies , never played for a top rated center.......HAHA .......there would need to be more than that included .......first kings FO will have to want that deal.   And I they ll never get another center that good , they know it.

Cousins got what he wanted ...WCS ......they ll play that way at least a year,   With or without Karl

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 06:48:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

There's no need for Russell to sign his contract to facilitate the trade, though.   The Lakers should have enough cap room after the July moratorium to complete the trade, if it is in fact on the table.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
And honestly, I think Vivek gets murdered in Sacramento if he does any deal that improves the Lakers, in particular sending them their star center. Sacramento detests the Lakers with a passion, maybe even more so than us Celtics on our long rivalry with them.

I agree 100%.  I pointed the same thing out in a couple of other Cousin threads.  Sac has just as much Laker dislike as we do.  I don't see how the Kings would give away their star player to become a cornerstone for a team in the same conf and same division AND that their fan base really dislikes.  I think Sac would rather trade with almost anyone else other than the LAL.