Author Topic: CBS can calm down Rozier. Had most upside at 16  (Read 6800 times)

Re: CBS can calm down Rozier. Had most upside at 16
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
He seemed ok last night, I don't like to judge rookies in their first summer league game.

That makes you the exception on CB, no?
:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
While it did not show up in the box score, Rozier passed the "look" test with flying colors in his debut last night.  He is really fast, has great reaction speed on defense, and can create space readily.  I think he is a prototype 1-2 guard, more so than Marcus, who obviously played very aggressively last night. 

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 12:08:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
While it did not show up in the box score, Rozier passed the "look" test with flying colors in his debut last night.  He is really fast, has great reaction speed on defense, and can create space readily.  I think he is a prototype 1-2 guard, more so than Marcus, who obviously played very aggressively last night.

I agree ....it's what I saw too. 

His first NBA debut.....I recall Smart was similar his first summer league game.   The non stat s stick out the same for Rozier as Smart .....when he is out there ...the team is smoother running

Rozier deferred to Marcus......tried nothing fancy ......stayed calm .....but show he had speed and wasn't afraid to play defense,.

IT MS , AB and Rozier can be pretty potent guard group coming at you.....none stop pressure and energy..  Not sure about ET and Young.

If we could get Nerlins    .....team would be tuff out in two years.

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 12:20:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Completely agree. All I want to see in summer league is flashes of positives for the young guys. Rozier def flashed plus speed and an ability to get to the hoop.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 12:24:10 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I know competing for minutes is healthy and all that, but I would just like to point out the flaw in that argument in that the other 3-4 positions have very little competition in the way of minutes.

I wouldn't mind the Rozier pick if we're able to flip Smart (ack!) for a guy like Cousins.

While it's not as bad as the crowded back court, the other positions will be competing too.

sf: Crowder vs. Turner vs. Jerebko Young. And if they don't want play Celtics ball, throw Wallace in to show a vet will gladly play.
pf: Sully vs. Johnson vs. Jerebko (again) vs. KO vs. maybe Mickey. Does Sully want to be the man or just coast and let Johnson and KO take his minutes.
C: (least real competition) Zeller vs. KO vs Mickey vs maybe Sully. I guess who ever is healthy and not already at the 4.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
He seemed ok last night, I don't like to judge rookies in their first summer league game.

I agree, all I got out of that game was some early Celtics basketball and seeing what the 2nd year guys could do.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 12:40:18 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

I agree, all I got out of that game was some early Celtics basketball and seeing what the 2nd year guys could do.

Not judge rookies based on one game? Preposterous. Like clearly Hunter is an awful shooter, he went 0-for-4 last night.