Author Topic: I want nerlens noel to be a celtic  (Read 3313 times)

Re: I want nerlens noel to be a celtic
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 05:49:37 PM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
We aren't getting Noel.
Put yourself in the shoes of the Philly GM. What, realistically, would you trade him for?
Certainly nothing less than an established star. Someone like DMC for example.

uh, yea?  and you should WANT a player like DMC for any of the players on your own team.  but that's not realistic.  if you think Noel has more value than a guy like Cousins......woah boy.....

Noel is a nice player, great defensive presence but he is seriously flawed.  the health is obviously the biggest issue.  second is his lack of any sort of offensive game.  and thirdly, like all young guys, he needs to add strength and bulk, and lots of it.  i'm not sure he has the frame that can handle the requisite 30-40lbs of muscle he would need in order to be a force though.

frankly if i'm philly, if Smart for Noel was actually offered i would JUMP at it.  but Hinkie is a fool imho so i'm not surprised he hasn't come around on that idea.  i'm actually a fan of Noel myself but let's not hold him in the esteem as if he's a can't miss superstar.  guy has many more questions than answers at this point.  and he certainly doesn't belong in the same breath as Cousins.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 06:00:02 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I think nearly everyone would want Noel on the Celtics but the real question is what would we have to give up.  Any trade is going to start with Smart I would think (they need a PG, we need a Center), but then how much more?  I don't want to sell the farm for Noel (or any other single player that I can think of and is realistically available).  If Philly wants to work out a fair trade, great but it does not appear that they do based on "reports".

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think nearly everyone would want Noel on the Celtics but the real question is what would we have to give up.  Any trade is going to start with Smart I would think (they need a PG, we need a Center), but then how much more?  I don't want to sell the farm for Noel (or any other single player that I can think of and is realistically available).  If Philly wants to work out a fair trade, great but it does not appear that they do based on "reports".

This came up in the 'Fire Ainge' thread, but these are the kind of deals Ainge needs to be ready for. Noel isn't necessarily the second coming of Dikembe Mutombo, but he seems to have a real future. If a deal like Smart and a BKN first comes to the table, I hope Ainge jumps on it rather than worrying that he isn't getting good value in the trade.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 06:11:46 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

This came up in the 'Fire Ainge' thread, but these are the kind of deals Ainge needs to be ready for. Noel isn't necessarily the second coming of Dikembe Mutombo, but he seems to have a real future. If a deal like Smart and a BKN first comes to the table, I hope Ainge jumps on it rather than worrying that he isn't getting good value in the trade.

That's the thing. I think Danny has proven that when the time is right, he's not afraid to give more value for the sake of building a team that have a shot at the championship.
That's why he's obsess by picking up value in each trade he did the last 2 seasons, to be ready to throw it all back and compete.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Would hate to give up smart but with IT at the helm plus rozier I'd say do it.  I'd also add any combinations of Bradley, ko, sullinger, and ANY draft picks to the mix.  Noel is a young athletic big and we could be talking the same vein as cousins and Anthony Davis in a few years

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 06:50:52 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
We aren't getting Noel.
Put yourself in the shoes of the Philly GM. What, realistically, would you trade him for?
Certainly nothing less than an established star. Someone like DMC for example.

Afraid that's true.

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 07:08:48 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33