Author Topic: I want nerlens noel to be a celtic  (Read 3314 times)

I want nerlens noel to be a celtic
« on: June 27, 2015, 08:20:16 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 we need a rim protector and a good defensive bigman. Hopefully now that the 76er's have okafor we can snag him. we have a lot and I repeat a lot of assets. Can we actually spend some picks. he is a great young player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aOK9xUkAMg
2014-15 Season
PPG   RPG   BLKPG   PER
9.9   8.1   1.9   15.03

Scouting report
+ Athletic lottery pick set to make NBA debut after missing entire first season following ACL tear at Kentucky.
+ Defensive Player of the Year potential. Phenomenal shot-blocker who also has incredibly quick hands for a big man.
+ Developing offensive game. Will be most effective early on finishing around the rim.

Analysis
As the 2013 NBA draft class largely disappointed during its first pro season, Nerlens Noel watched and waited. The No. 6 overall pick, considered a possible No. 1 selection, sat out the full campaign as part of a conservative rehab program after tearing his ACL in February 2013. Fully healthy, Noel returned to the court during the NBA Summer League and flashed the potential that tantalized scouts during his brief college career. In five games between Orlando and Las Vegas, he averaged 18.7 points, 3.6 blocks and 2.5 steals per 36 minutes.

Noel is good enough to eventually be the NBA's best defender. He has incredible shot-blocking instincts and blocked shots at nearly an identical rate (13.2 percent) as his Kentucky predecessor, Anthony Davis (13.7 percent). Yet Noel's most intriguing defensive skill is an incredibly high steal rate for a big man. He is incredibly quick and has quick hands that allow him to poke balls free for steals. Noel is athletic enough to defend on the perimeter, which should allow him to eventually play with 2014 lottery pick Joel Embiid. The pairing might mitigate Noel's defensive shortcoming: He's only average on the defensive glass, in part because he's so aggressive contesting shots. He also could stand to talk better on defense to help his teammates.

At Kentucky, Noel was a bit player on offense. He had more freedom during the summer league and was aggressive trying to set up teammates from the high post -- sometimes too aggressive, as he averaged 3.6 turnovers per 36 minutes. During his season off, Noel was able to hone his limited post repertoire and work on a midrange jumper, which will be important if he plays any power forward. Still, the strength of his offensive game is finishing around the basket. Much like Tyson Chandler, Noel can pose problems in the pick-and-roll game by rolling hard to the basket and making himself available for lobs.

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: I want nerlens noel to be a celtic
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 08:22:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
we need a rim protector and a good defensive bigman. Hopefully now that the 76er's have okafor we can snag him. we have a lot and I repeat a lot of assets. Can we actually spend some picks. he is a great young player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aOK9xUkAMg
2014-15 Season
PPG   RPG   BLKPG   PER
9.9   8.1   1.9   15.03

Scouting report
+ Athletic lottery pick set to make NBA debut after missing entire first season following ACL tear at Kentucky.
+ Defensive Player of the Year potential. Phenomenal shot-blocker who also has incredibly quick hands for a big man.
+ Developing offensive game. Will be most effective early on finishing around the rim.

Analysis
As the 2013 NBA draft class largely disappointed during its first pro season, Nerlens Noel watched and waited. The No. 6 overall pick, considered a possible No. 1 selection, sat out the full campaign as part of a conservative rehab program after tearing his ACL in February 2013. Fully healthy, Noel returned to the court during the NBA Summer League and flashed the potential that tantalized scouts during his brief college career. In five games between Orlando and Las Vegas, he averaged 18.7 points, 3.6 blocks and 2.5 steals per 36 minutes.

Noel is good enough to eventually be the NBA's best defender. He has incredible shot-blocking instincts and blocked shots at nearly an identical rate (13.2 percent) as his Kentucky predecessor, Anthony Davis (13.7 percent). Yet Noel's most intriguing defensive skill is an incredibly high steal rate for a big man. He is incredibly quick and has quick hands that allow him to poke balls free for steals. Noel is athletic enough to defend on the perimeter, which should allow him to eventually play with 2014 lottery pick Joel Embiid. The pairing might mitigate Noel's defensive shortcoming: He's only average on the defensive glass, in part because he's so aggressive contesting shots. He also could stand to talk better on defense to help his teammates.

At Kentucky, Noel was a bit player on offense. He had more freedom during the summer league and was aggressive trying to set up teammates from the high post -- sometimes too aggressive, as he averaged 3.6 turnovers per 36 minutes. During his season off, Noel was able to hone his limited post repertoire and work on a midrange jumper, which will be important if he plays any power forward. Still, the strength of his offensive game is finishing around the basket. Much like Tyson Chandler, Noel can pose problems in the pick-and-roll game by rolling hard to the basket and making himself available for lobs.

I really hate that highlight video since the first time it was posted around here. The  Clippers defense was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 08:41:45 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
If anything Deandre Jordan made Nerlens Noel look like Shaq in that game.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 09:06:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I too want Nerlens.  I don't think we have the assets philly wants for their defensive anchor.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 09:31:18 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
He's actually from around the area. Nerleans was born and raised in Everett, Mass. He's a BABC kid, too. I think the Celtics' best bet to get him would be free agency in a few years.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 09:34:51 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Join the club Hawkeye :). Maybe we'll get him in FA in several years.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 09:44:42 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I too want Nerlens.  I don't think we have the assets philly wants for their defensive anchor.

A team may over pay for on of Philly's bigs, but most teams are  going to make Philly sweat for tanking and grabbing three of the most wanted bigs  in the last few years.

Philly has their franchise C in Okafor, they could hold out on Embiid now and see were he goes, but Philly fans aren't going to take an other year of  tanking, if they have any dignity that is. People on the forum LOVE what Hinkie has done, but he may have gotten too greedy grabbing Okafor. They also grabbed an other C from Russia. They probably wanted Russel, but could have gone with Winslow or Mudiay who could both be considered steals of the lotto were they landed. Noel and Okafor can't play next to each other, look at Drummond and Monroe and now one may be leaving and Detriot gets nothing.

Hopefully DA can still put together something, maybe even work with a third team. I'd be willing to throw in 2016 Brooklyn pick, especially since they might be resigning Lopez and if the east doesn't get better, they still could get into the playoffs, just don't tell Hinkie that. :P

They need guards and we have guards. Maybe not the best, bit it would look like Hinkie is trying to get a team rounded out, and still would be tanking for the most part. They still would be one of the worst teams. 

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 10:14:45 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

I think we could pretty easily get Noel if we really wanted. Smart and 2 brooklyn picks would seem fair. Especially since he is now completely redundant on their roster

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Who wouldn't?

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I think we could pretty easily get Noel if we really wanted. Smart and 2 brooklyn picks would seem fair. Especially since he is now completely redundant on their roster
I would offer Bradley and 2 brooklyn picks.

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 10:41:50 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I want nerlens noel to be a celtic.
I want aldridge to be a celtic.
I want m gasol to be a celtic.
I want cousins to be a celtic.
I want favors to be a celtic.
etc, etc, etc
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 01:58:13 AM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18

Noel is definitely not worth smart and two Brooklyn picks I think a fair deal would be smart and A lottery protected Brooklyn pick next year.
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 02:45:08 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Noel is definitely not worth smart and two Brooklyn picks I think a fair deal would be smart and A lottery protected Brooklyn pick next year.
Noel is worth more than that.  We aren't getting him.  We couldn't even move from #16 to #9 by including five additional draft picks... how we gonna get a future perennial defensive player of the year?  Those Brooklyn picks are probably 12-17.  Nobody wants them.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 02:53:28 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I want nerlens noel to be a celtic.
I want aldridge to be a celtic.
I want m gasol to be a celtic.
I want cousins to be a celtic.
I want favors to be a celtic.
etc, etc, etc

Come on, a man can dream, can't he?  ;D

Having said that, Noel is more of a realistic target than the proven big men you listed, and Favors might be on the block as we speak.

Not saying it happens, just saying  ;D
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 03:02:40 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
We aren't getting Noel.
Put yourself in the shoes of the Philly GM. What, realistically, would you trade him for?
Certainly nothing less than an established star. Someone like DMC for example.
Celtics fan for life.