Author Topic: Harris and Monroe  (Read 4067 times)

Re: Harris and Monroe
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 11:15:42 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Why would you this?  It makes them a team too good to get into the lottery, and not good enough to win anything.

They are both young players who would grow with the guards and KO and/or Sully. 

We would still have assets in the future to add to them (Brooklyn picks).

Both will be All-Stars IMO.

Both offer position flexibility.

We would win Atlantic in 2015-16 and if Lebron gets injured in next few years we could win the East.

We would be set up for long term. 

They would be our best and second best player.

I love this article on Harris and have shared it before, but here it is if you haven't read it:  http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/2015/05/06/the-nbas-most-underrated-player/
Great response, tp. Also adding talent to your roster means you have more players to trade for stars. Even if those players don't put the C's over the top, who says that Harris or Monroe can't be used to obtain the superstar that some people want to tank for.

Btw I didn't mention this in my other post but if we sign Monroe and Harris it should be at the 4 and 5 not the 3 and 4.

Im comfortable with Harris playing the 3 or 4, but Monroe has to be the 5.  If we cold get Gibson from CHI I think he would fit in well wit Harris and Monroe.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 11:16:27 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
His overall game is better than Drummond. He is really good. Who cares if he can't shoot 3's - could Russell, Chamberlain, Jabbar, Shaq? It's really kind of stupid to say he can't shoot 3's. You want a 7-footer that can't defend and shoot 3's then Bargnani is available.

Judging a PF/C on his 3pt shooting is like judging a PG on his ability to block shots. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 11:48:03 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Exactly Jonny