Author Topic: Ainge: Teams will regret passing on my offers, I offered "too much"  (Read 7805 times)

Re: Ainge: Teams will regret passing on my offers, I offered "too much"
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 03:53:58 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
What happens if Kaminsky is really good?

Also, just b/c no one took the deal doesn't mean our picks are trash. Besides people thinking they would pick a very good player, there could be many other reasons they didn't take the offer.

I don't know about that.

Kaminsky was a very hot name on draft day and along with Russell becoming the favorite for the second pick was the biggest news Thursday before the draft. I think MJ fell in love.

If the 4 firsts without further protection offer was true, Ainge offered more than what the 9th pick would be worth. There's no combination of Boston firsts that wouldn't be. So effectively MJ was valuing Kaminsky as if he was a steal at 9.

If Kaminsky turns out to be an all-star, then MJ wins. If not, MJ loses. If Winslow turns out to be a an all-star we lose. If not, we win. My bet is neither turn out to be all stars or busts.

I would have been unhappy if 4 firsts were used on Winslow myself.

Aside from Towns and Okafor, I considered him the safest bet to be a long-time starter in the league. He has an upside to be better than that, too, so I wouldn't have minded the splurge at all. Probably was the right move, if MJ hadn't been high on Kamisky/cigar smoke.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC