Author Topic: What are the Kings doing?  (Read 10471 times)

Re: What are the Kings doing?
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Calipari and the Kings denied the story, if you guys care
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:29:44 PM by FreddieJ »

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2015, 02:23:35 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
But one things certain: The King FO is a mess.

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2015, 02:43:17 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Wow.  The incompetence of Vivek is astounding.  How did he become a billionaire?

Most people who become billionaires owe at least some of their fortune to luck and tend to over-estimate how much of it was due to personal skill.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Calipari and the Kings denied the story, if you guys care

Because John Calipari has never lied about anything before ever.

Wow.  The incompetence of Vivek is astounding.  How did he become a billionaire?

Most people who become billionaires owe at least some of their fortune to luck and tend to over-estimate how much of it was due to personal skill.

Hey I hear they make pretty good bootstraps in northern California this time of year.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2015, 02:45:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Well the biggest key is almost none of them make their money in sports.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2015, 02:52:02 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Yeah, and the success and money may have gone to his head.  This is the same guy who believes he knows better than NBA coaches due to his success coaching a 12 year old girls team.

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bc Cousins is running the team now, I would not be surprised if Rondo signs with the team next. 

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2015, 03:07:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The Kings front office seems to have as much of an understanding of the nuances of the NBA about as well as some posters understand tanking.

:o
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2015, 03:20:25 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
The Kings front office seems to have as much of an understanding of the nuances of the NBA about as well as some posters understand tanking.

:o

It's an unconventional approach.

People called David Kahn unconventional when he drafted 3 PGs not named Steph Curry and boy did he prove them wron-

Wait no, yeah, they've got no idea what they're doing in Sac Town.

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Bc Cousins is running the team now, I would not be surprised if Rondo signs with the team next.
The Kings are incompetent.  They'll probably sign Rondo and then trade Cousins. 

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2015, 03:30:58 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The Kings are incompetent.  They'll probably sign Rondo and then trade Cousins.

If Cousins is running the team his first move should be to trade himself.

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2015, 03:59:47 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Drafting WCS to try to have a Center that can run and play uptempo, and supposedly SAC putting DMC at the 4?

I don't actually like that.

I think WCS/DMC are both 5's, and if you try to make DMC a stretch 4, then he won't be able to post up in the paint or rebound the ball as much.

Does this mean DMC, or WCS could be on the trade block soon? Not to mention the Kings are still supposedly interested in McGee.

So you could say the same thing about Bostons pick #16.  Sometimes you collect assets to trade.   Just relax and wait for the team to make a final roster   

Can I just say how much SAC/CHA suck as franchises? They got two players that are redundant. WCS with DMC, and Frank with Marvin Williams or Spencer Hawes... I mean I can't imagine how much flack the Hornets are getting for such a dumb pick.
Diggles

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Drafting WCS to try to have a Center that can run and play uptempo, and supposedly SAC putting DMC at the 4?

I don't actually like that.

I think WCS/DMC are both 5's, and if you try to make DMC a stretch 4, then he won't be able to post up in the paint or rebound the ball as much.

Does this mean DMC, or WCS could be on the trade block soon? Not to mention the Kings are still supposedly interested in McGee.

So you could say the same thing about Bostons pick #16.  Sometimes you collect assets to trade.   Just relax and wait for the team to make a final roster   

Can I just say how much SAC/CHA suck as franchises? They got two players that are redundant. WCS with DMC, and Frank with Marvin Williams or Spencer Hawes... I mean I can't imagine how much flack the Hornets are getting for such a dumb pick.

Well... I would say WCS has a high ceiling if he can reach it, but I would've definitely chose Winslow...

Put Winslow at the 3, Gay at the 4 for small ball PF, and DMC.

Collison
McLemore
Winslow
Gay
Cousins

Dunno about you, but that's a very nice starting five.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different