Author Topic: Cliff Alexander  (Read 1999 times)

Cliff Alexander
« on: June 26, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Anyone know if he got a tryout with someone yet? I was hoping Ainge would nab him in the 2nd round..wouldn't hurt to try him out
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Cliff Alexander
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 01:50:51 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
No but Upshaw will be playing for the Lakers this summer.  Don't we need SF and C?

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:14:03 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Poor guy. The NBA teams are horrible drafting players they can stash so they don't have to pay, I hate the owners they are scumbags. And please no propaganda about how players should have to stay in school 2 years, he did what he had to do. College players should be able to profit off their name and should be paid!
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 03:18:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Alexander will make it onto somebody's roster, or he'll go overseas for a year or two and try again.

The Celts have a more athletic, shot-blocking version of Alexander in Jordan Mickey.  Trouble for a guy like Alexander is that his skill / physical profile is not exactly in demand these days.  If you're a PF you need to be able to switch on defense and dominate the boards, or else have the ability to hit outside jumpers and attack a closeout. 

He's in the same boat as Thomas Robinson -- talented, but he came into the league at the wrong time and is drastically undervalued as a result.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 06:32:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Alexander will make it onto somebody's roster, or he'll go overseas for a year or two and try again.

The Celts have a more athletic, shot-blocking version of Alexander in Jordan Mickey.  Trouble for a guy like Alexander is that his skill / physical profile is not exactly in demand these days.  If you're a PF you need to be able to switch on defense and dominate the boards, or else have the ability to hit outside jumpers and attack a closeout. 

He's in the same boat as Thomas Robinson -- talented, but he came into the league at the wrong time and is drastically undervalued as a result.

you nailed it.  At 6'8 (pf) you have to be outstanding in something or else have little chance to make a roster. Alexandre proved last season he does not excel in anything. Glimpse of being good at rebounding, shot blocking etc.  but thats it

He really needed to stay another year in School but got kicked out.  He will have to play out of his mind in the summer league to make into a roster somewhere

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43