Author Topic: Ainge on Toucher and Rich This Morning  (Read 12883 times)

Re: Ainge on Toucher and Rich This Morning
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2015, 01:02:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
According to sources, the Celtics' final offer to the Hornets was a package that could have featured as many as six draft picks, including four potential first-round selections (a combination of picks from this draft and in the future). But the Hornets could not be swayed and turned down multiple offers to select Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4719666/no-justise-no-peace-celtics-plan-to-upgrade-continues

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2015, 01:05:42 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Did you hear the Danny just offered an unprotected 2019 for Towns? He didn't even have a backup plan. How long till he's run out of town?

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
According to sources, the Celtics' final offer to the Hornets was a package that could have featured as many as six draft picks, including four potential first-round selections (a combination of picks from this draft and in the future). But the Hornets could not be swayed and turned down multiple offers to select Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4719666/no-justise-no-peace-celtics-plan-to-upgrade-continues

That bit about "as many as six, including 4 potential 1sts" makes me think Danny tried to offer this year's firsts, plus some of the heavily protected picks, like the "Minnesota 1st" that will likely become 2 2nd rounders.  Makes a little more sense that a team might not be interested.

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2015, 01:17:49 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Did you hear the Danny just offered an unprotected 2019 for Towns? He didn't even have a backup plan. How long till he's run out of town?

Um... he's not going to be run out of town any time soon.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2015, 01:25:45 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
James Toscano @Jimmy_Toscano
Heard Celtics offered 4 picks (at least 3 of them 1st-round) for No. 9. Both firsts yesterday, assume Dal protected and another protected.

So then it was 16, 28, 2016 (Dallas) and 2019 (Boston).

I thought it would've been 16, 28,  2016 (Dallas) OR 2019 (Boston), and Olynyk (who does everything Kaminsky does).
If you read into Danny's quotes it sounds like he wanted winslow there.. And then when the hornets took Kaminsky he was like, "are you freakin high?  You turned down that offer so you could take Kaminsky ???"... Then winslow fell into miami's lap, but Riley isn't a tard so he kept him.

How old are you?...12???
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2015, 02:07:32 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I don't agree that teams are afraid to trade with Ainge. We made great trades for Thomas and Jerebko just a few months ago.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2015, 02:30:51 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
From last year....Hornets get an A+ for picking Noah Vonleh at #9

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24598705/nba-draft-hornets-get-an-a-for-picking-noah-vonleh-at-no-9

Never saw the floor and now is in Portland.  This stuff happens all the time.

I coulda called that last year.  Everyone wanted the guy and he was a stiff.  Same with embiid.  I looked a t roziers tape and he looks decent.  He could easily replace smart or it.  Rj hunter is gonna be a scoring machine for us.  Perhaps a Kyle korver  off the bench guy.  Mickey should be a nice rotation guy especially when we go with a bigger front court line up.  Thornton will be out of the league in 2 years.  As I said earlier not sure I wanna give up depth guys for one player or Winslow that we could get similar in free agency...ie.. Tobias Harris.