Poll

Poll: What grade do u give the Celtics on the 2015 draft?

A
3 (5.3%)
B
12 (21.1%)
C
16 (28.1%)
D
12 (21.1%)
F
6 (10.5%)
i'll wait-Trades will be made
8 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Grade the Celtics 2015 draft  (Read 6490 times)

Re: Grade the Celtics 2015 draft
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Where's the F minus option?

I vote for F minus .......

The summer will be a bigger failure ........I am convinced ....would be better if it is a failure , so we can go back to lottery and get some young elite talent ...not used up old guys.

These scrubs might be use ful to fill out the team ......taking it back to the lottery.

Let all stay and sell off the starters except Zeller and Smart .......start over ......shoot for the first pick.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I voted for the waiting option. I think we need context to fully evaluate the draft, but I'd call it a C+ as of right now.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 07:26:50 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
D for dumb.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Only pick I like is Mikey. The other picks were disappinting. Overall grade would be a D+.  When they took Rozier it was like when DA passed on Gobert and Greek Freak. This one may haunt us.

Edit: For the record I would have been split on Portis or Dekker at 16 had I seen workouts that would have made my choice. At 28 and 33 would have made same picks. At 45 would have taken DJ.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:25:12 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 07:38:20 PM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
B.... but wait and see

If we sign a SF and C in trade or FA, this will be a good draft.  Fills needs in the attacking/athletic and defensive areas.  Alot of upside from these guys for 16, 28, 33 picks.

Would rather have 3 chances at success than 1.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Rozier- D     We reached on a guy that plays our deepest position

Hunter- A      He is a great pick at 28 especially since he was projected to go as high as late lottery and he is good 3 pt shooter which is something we need desperately

Mickey- B      A great shot blocker and you can rarely go wrong with taking someone with potential like him in the second round. My only knock on him is that he is yet another undersized 4 :/

Thorton- F----      IDK what Danny was thinking...this guy is athletic but he is another pg that might not turnout any better than phil pressey. We need a wing player and a center but he went with another guard which now makes 7 guards on the roster and 5 of them are strictly PG's. This one just blew my mind  >:(

My grade for Danny averages out to a C but I'll give him a C+ for effort he tried hard to get us Winslow but MJ is set on drafting terrible players and destroying Charlotte from the inside out

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
We have to see how the players pan out
What if everyone ainge picked became a starter
Unlikely but it is a possibility

My draft grades based on my big board
Terry Rozier = C-
RJ Hunter = B+
Jordan Mickey = B
Marcus Thornton = D+ I might be a little harsh on this grade but I didn't have Thornton in my top 60

Overall = C = some solid players but nothing spectacular

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 08:00:08 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I'll give Ainge an A.   Here's why--

1- he didn't make a trade for an all star, but neither did anyone else

2- if he liked both Rosier & Hunter to go late 1st, he picked the correct sequence to get em

3- we still have a ton of picks, cap space and some young talent to work with

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 08:08:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Hunter- A      He is a great pick at 28 especially since he was projected to go as high as late lottery and he is good 3 pt shooter which is something we need desperately

Mickey- B      A great shot blocker and you can rarely go wrong with taking someone with potential like him in the second round. My only knock on him is that he is yet another undersized 4 :/

Thorton- F----      IDK what Danny was thinking...this guy is athletic but he is another pg that might not turnout any better than phil pressey. We need a wing player and a center but he went with another guard which now makes 7 guards on the roster and 5 of them are strictly PG's. This one just blew my mind  >:(

My grade for Danny averages out to a C but I'll give him a C+ for effort he tried hard to get us Winslow but MJ is set on drafting terrible players and destroying Charlotte from the inside out
I think you can argue that it is right to pick for need at 16, but at 45 you pick for BPA and hope the guy you find is still in the league in 3 years. Thornton has elite quickness and vertical explosion and he adds to that a sweet 3 pt stroke. I dont expect him to be much of anything in the league but I dont think it would make any sense to pick a center or wing who has even less of a chance at sticking.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 08:23:17 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

I think you can argue that it is right to pick for need at 16, but at 45 you pick for BPA and hope the guy you find is still in the league in 3 years. Thornton has elite quickness and vertical explosion and he adds to that a sweet 3 pt stroke. I dont expect him to be much of anything in the league but I dont think it would make any sense to pick a center or wing who has even less of a chance at sticking.

Yes you can choose the BPA at 45 but Thorton was on nobody's board at that time we could have went with an overseas center like Gudatis/ Jaiteh or Dakari Johnson/ Christian Wood/ Cliff Alexander/ Robert Upshaw all of them are projects who fit a need that we have and all have higher potential.

I know some of these guys didn't even get drafted but still I would rather us own their rights than hope they sign with us after they demonstrate their skills in the summer league.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 08:28:20 PM »

Offline Soytiz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
I find it hard to grade the draft considering that we haven't seen what these guys can do... What I would like to grade though with a resounding A is the way the organization handled the media by leaking the mammoth offer we made to CHA and thus becoming a talking point for most in the NBA. Michael Jordan is getting most of the flak and me's a liking it...

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 09:10:42 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Where's the F minus option?

Agreed. Rozier doesn't fit a need, and is the same height, and as postionless as three other guys on the roster. RJ Hunter doesn't fit a need.

It's time for Ainge to get canned. Horrid draft. Worst I can remember. Worse than JR Giddens and JaJuan Johnson.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 09:24:58 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I still think Ainge gotta try to get a package together for Cousins...Bradley or Smart will be traded, only reason I can think of after drafting Rozier and Hunter
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I do not understand these type of threads. These players have not even played a single minute for the team yet. Rozier seems like a promising prospect. He has some characteristics that not many players on the team have. Let's s see how he fits in CBS' system first before crucifying the guy and calling him a scrub before he's even played summer league.

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
give it a D.   Other than Hunter, I thought there was a better player available that was also a better fit for team needs