Author Topic: Marcus Thorton Most athletic player in the Draft  (Read 5393 times)

Re: Marcus Thorton Most athletic player in the Draft
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 10:24:57 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I think the Maine Red Claws have a good chance winning it all this year.

He's a combination of Marcus Banks 2.0 and Kedrick Brown....remember those 2 players? Where are they now?

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 10:38:11 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I hate the two-point-oh. It's not even apropos-- like, if you release a 2.0 it's usually an improvement that corrects the bugs from the previous version.

But aside from that, the only thing he has in common with Marcus Banks is his first name. How did Marcus Banks become the rorschach test for point guard criticism? Is it really just because we have drafted some point guards named marcus?

We really should be comparing him to Jae Crowder, after all.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 10:41:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Le Bron will squish him like a little worm.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 10:14:27 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
How tall is he? Does he play PG or SG? If PG can he actually play the position or is he put there because he is short?

Thornton is a PG. He's 6' 1.75" w/o shoes (6' 2.75" w/s), 178 lb, with a 6' 7.75" wingspan.

He can most definitely play the position.

Caution:  When reading his DraftExpress page, while the measurement and stats are correct, some of the video & text content there is messed up -- it's actually about the _other_ Marcus Thornton.  You know, the SG that we traded to Phoenix last year!

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

He's a combination of Marcus Banks 2.0 and Kedrick Brown....remember those 2 players? Where are they now?

Sorry, I don't. I remember Marcus Banks, though. But who was Marcus Banks 2.0?

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I love this kid Marcus Thornton but I feel like we blew it after the first pick. I love hunter and mickey at 28 and 33 but if we chose a swingman with potential like justin anderson at 16 id feel better about thornton. Fact remains that we have IT,Smart, Rozier, Pressey, and now another PG in thornton instead of filling needs that were available at 45 (n.powell,dakari johnson,cliff alexander,tyler harvey). At some point weve gotta take a shot on a bigman! I know we have more moves on the horizon ,but i was thinking before the draft that we should go all in for 2016 if we couldnt trade up to 7,8or9 to get Winslow.If I were GM i would trade sullinger and isaiah thomas to someone like NY or CHA and get one prospect and next years #1 pick. If we go into next season with a similar roster to last years we will remain around .500 and never get into the Top 5 in the draft in my opinion.

Big guys usually take a few years to develop and the last time we took the time to do that, we traded Big Al & Co. for Garnett and built Perk into a serviceable screener and rebounder.  I wonder if mgmt. has gotten too impatient for that and keeps thinking some other team will invest the time for us.  Obviously, teams aren't shedding their investments for pennies on the dollar (except, how the heck did Cavs steal Mosgov?).  Robert Parrish 2016 probably doesn't exist.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 10:38:11 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
How long before his leg kick becomes the center of controversy? Is it a foul? Is it not?  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 09:44:06 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He probably starts off with the Red Claws.  Never hurts to draft for pure athleticism that late in the draft though.  An upside pick who is raw and needs lots of polish.

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 09:46:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Thornton can get to the rim and make acrobatic finishes due to his ridiculous max vert/explosiveness.   Also is a good 3 pt shooter. 

The main issue is his lack of strength and he is an older prospect. 

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 10:12:15 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
http://youtu.be/GabR6kaoz80

Talented...but it's such a long shot.

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 10:18:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://youtu.be/GabR6kaoz80

Talented...but it's such a long shot.

MT and KO need to see a barber

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 10:22:10 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
By drafting Thorton, resigning Crowder, and passing on Upshaw, the Celtics are really getting the #DreadsNotDrugs movement off the ground!

Let's get it trending!