Author Topic: Marcus Thorton Most athletic player in the Draft  (Read 5422 times)

Marcus Thorton Most athletic player in the Draft
« on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:53 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 From Draft express. He was the fastest player by far. And posted a top 10, 3/4 Sprint of all time in the history of the Database.  Marcus Thornton had the fastest 3/4 court sprint at 3.02 seconds at the draft Combine. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson was second at 3.12 seconds.

Marcus Thornton WM, William & Mary: 34.5” no-step vert, 43” max vert, 10.96 lane agility, 3.02 ¾ sprint

The William & Mary product gained a combine invite after intriguing scouts at the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament. The reigning CAA Player of the Year more than earned the invite by posting serious leaping ability, a sub 11 second lane agility and the fastest sprint time by a full millisecond. Known as a great scorer and shooter, Thornton should gain a lot of workouts from his pre-draft performance. If he shows some more PG skills than he was able to during his time in college, he seems to be a potential draftee.

Thorton was declared the overall winner as an athlete, and Rozier was fourth on the list from Draft Express.

Also Thorton is a Gym rat watch video. He's super quick and fast and he can shoot, we shall see.

Re: Marcus Thorton Most athletic player in the Draft
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 02:17:13 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:08:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
https://youtu.be/z3LQfbrWSOM

I think he's got a chance.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 03:29:16 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
 I caught a few Tribe games this year.  I really like this kid.

'Shocked that we picked him, but he's a great basketball player.  So unbelievably fast.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 04:14:28 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
PLAYER   TESTS   COMP RANK
Marcus Thornton   5   1
Chasson Randle   5   2
Pat Connaughton   5   3
Justin Anderson   5   4
Keifer Sykes   5   5
Terry Rozier   5   6
Joseph Young   5   7
Dez Wells   5   8
Ryan Boatright   5   9
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson   5   10
Norman Powell   5   11
Larry Nance   5   12
Devin Booker   5   13
Cameron Payne   5   14
J.P. Tokoto   5   15
Vince Hunter   5   16
Michael Qualls   3   17
Kelly Oubre   5   18
Jarell Martin   5   19
Sam Dekker   5   20
R.J. Hunter   5   21
Jordan Mickey   5   22
Aaron Harrison   3   23

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3e9bS58gQ
http://www.draftexpress.com

Here is the List.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 04:45:16 AM »

Offline Jayman

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Really excited about this pick. I presume he'll spend a lot of time in Maine, but he'll certainly have opportunities to show what he can do - and who knows from there.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 09:07:13 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Really excited about this pick. I presume he'll spend a lot of time in Maine, but he'll certainly have opportunities to show what he can do - and who knows from there.

Irony is, I'm not sure he really needs to spend all that much 'development time' in Maine.  He may get squeezed down to there by roster space, but this kid knows how to play already.

He does need to put on some muscle mass - I'd like to see him add at least 10lb eventually.  But otherwise, I think he's far more developed than a lot of players in this draft.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 09:21:21 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I think the Maine Red Claws have a good chance winning it all this year.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 09:35:53 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I thought we traded him to the Suns  ;D

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 09:36:35 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
He's intriguing--terrifying speed and can shoot at a high level.  Didn't garner much spotlight this season (for obvious reasons), but he's worth keeping an eye on during summer league.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
The biggest reason I was happy when we traded away Marcus Thornton the first time was that I didn't have to see his name misspelled -- without the "N" -- anymore.

Now we're in for years more of Thorton.

I'm thinking they've already talked to ThorNton's people about playing overseas, a la Colton Iverson. He seems to have an interesting set of skills, but there's no room this year.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 10:06:20 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
How tall is he? Does he play PG or SG? If PG can he actually play the position or is he put there because he is short?

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »

Offline suitednzooted

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I love this kid Marcus Thornton but I feel like we blew it after the first pick. I love hunter and mickey at 28 and 33 but if we chose a swingman with potential like justin anderson at 16 id feel better about thornton. Fact remains that we have IT,Smart, Rozier, Pressey, and now another PG in thornton instead of filling needs that were available at 45 (n.powell,dakari johnson,cliff alexander,tyler harvey). At some point weve gotta take a shot on a bigman! I know we have more moves on the horizon ,but i was thinking before the draft that we should go all in for 2016 if we couldnt trade up to 7,8or9 to get Winslow.If I were GM i would trade sullinger and isaiah thomas to someone like NY or CHA and get one prospect and next years #1 pick. If we go into next season with a similar roster to last years we will remain around .500 and never get into the Top 5 in the draft in my opinion.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 10:11:57 AM »

Offline namtrag

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 7
How tall is he? Does he play PG or SG? If PG can he actually play the position or is he put there because he is short?

He played both in college.  I believe he played point his first two years, and SG his last two.  He plays taller than he is because he can jump so high.  He is a hard worker, and he can light it up when he gets going.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 10:19:02 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 939
I thought we traded him to the Suns  ;D

We do have a jonesing for players named Marcus, don't we? ;)

And you get a TP for adding some humor to a rough board this morning. Seriously, there's no middle ground today.

Mike